Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Mega ammounts of protein

Has anyone here experimented with 400+g protein/day and what was the results.

Im gaining amazingly well right now. Might be because of the slin, drol, deca ,test cycle to lol but I gained good before I started it to and I think the protein ammounts is the cause.

Some of the lift increases is

legpress from 41 reps on 660 to 35 reps on 770 in 2 weeks
    squat from 1 rep on 396 to 7 reps on it in 4 weeks
    cybex hamstring press. From 20plates for 41 reps to 25plates+a 36kg(80ibs)db for 23 reps
    incline smith bench 12 reps from 70kg(154ibs) to 85kg(187ibs) in 6 weeks
    reverse grip smith bench 15 reps on 80kg(176) to 11 reps on 100kg(220ibs)
    Deadlifts 3 reps on 180kg(396ibs) to 2 reps on 200kg(440ibs) in 6 weeks
    Legs have gone upp 2 full inches in the last 5 weeks but might be alot of bloat to offcourse.

I also cut carbs after 6 and try to avoid mixing carbs and fat but sometimes I eat a cheat meal if I realy crave it. kcal/day around 3300-3600

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I was taking in 350+ for awhile and noticed huge difference in muscle appearance, vascularity and size as well as strength. It's just though as hell to eat that much protein consistantly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I was taking in 350+ for awhile and noticed huge difference in muscle appearance, vascularity and size as well as strength. It's just though as hell to eat that much protein consistantly.
    No kidding. god **** Im sic of ****ing meat right now. But well worth it

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I'm usually around 450-500g per day and I would never even think about going below 400g.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Unless your pretty big guy...... those protein ammounts are wayyyyy too high. All you are going to do is store the excess protein as fat as it will most definitely be converted to sugar.

Like I said though, if you are a really big guy protein in those ammounts is probably what you need lol. But for the average person body builder with a medium build definitely way too much.

<<LMO>>

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Wow, thats amazing that you guys can get that much in. How many meals do you eat? Although its different for everyone, as a general rule your body can handle about 60g protein for a meal. Again, i know that some people might be able to do more, just curious what you guys were eating to get that much.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Unless your pretty big guy...... those protein ammounts are wayyyyy too high. All you are going to do is store the excess protein as fat as it will most definitely be converted to sugar.

Like I said though, if you are a really big guy protein in those ammounts is probably what you need lol. But for the average person body builder with a medium build definitely way too much.

<<LMO>>
    I didnt realize that excess protein was stored as sugar and converted to fat...I thought i would just be shat out or something..

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    I didnt realize that excess protein was stored as sugar and converted to fat...I thought i would just be shat out or something..
    Down south we say s hitted.

Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Down south we say s hitted.
    irrelevant....but ok just messin bro

<<LMO>>
    Not big at all. Right now im around 210 in the morning. But I have to honestly say I se bigger gains from 400+g protein/day then if I drop the protein intake to 250-300 and replace the kcal ammount with carbs or fat

cutmeupp I eat 5-6 meals a day and drink 3-4 tuna shakes a day.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Seriously, I've taken in like 350 grams per day for short periods with good result, can definately tell a difference over my usual 200-225, but dam it gets old quick.

I finally moved into a house and bought a new grill yesterday, so im going to be cooking 4 chicken breasts a day. That adds up to 120-150g protein from that. 40g breakfast from eggs. 60-90g protein shakes. So thats anywhere from 220g to 280g. Man i guess i could throw in another piece of chicken or canned tuna. I dont know, I cant imagine eating all that.

I always thought that because the body has bigger trouble using protein as a energy source compered to carbs or fat and casue its not storable and hard to convert it just tends to dump alot of the excess ? Maby just a old myth.

I finally moved into a house and bought a new grill yesterday, so im going to be cooking 4 chicken breasts a day. That adds up to 120-150g protein from that. 40g breakfast from eggs. 60-90g protein shakes. So thats anywhere from 220g to 280g. Man i guess i could throw in another piece of chicken or canned tuna. I dont know, I cant imagine eating all that.
    Man chicken breasts that contains 30g protein a piece. How big are the chickens over there The chicken breasts I usualy eat is around 100g and contains around 20g protein.

Well 30g is what it says on the label. I go to BJ's (a warehouse store) and buy 10lb bags by Tyson. Yes they are big pieces.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not that big, so I can't say from personal experience, but it seems like a lot of stress on your liver and colin. I don't think your body can process / use more than about 60g's at a time.

Also, I'm not sure how your body would go about converting protein to sugar, or why it would even bother. Can someone elaborate on this?

Well 30g is what it says on the label. I go to BJ's (a warehouse store) and buy 10lb bags by Tyson. Yes they are big pieces.
    all good things are in america. Big mofo chickens, cheap protein, nice low carb alternatives. **** I think Im gonna move soon

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    I'm not that big, so I can't say from personal experience, but it seems like a lot of stress on your liver and colin. I don't think your body can process / use more than about 60g's at a time.

Also, I'm not sure how your body would go about converting protein to sugar, or why it would even bother. Can someone elaborate on this?
    Has it ever been confirmed that high protein intake realy does stress the kidneys?

Do a search for glucogenesis.... I believe that is the term for when this happens.

<<LMO>>

Yea, we have big ass chickens because they get injected with all kinds of stuff. A guy that i used to work for in the resturant business was telling me about how he doesnt let his daughter eat certain meats bc of what they put in it. He said that the reason that so many 14 yr old girls have big tits nowadays is bc of all the additives that are in food and chicken especially. Those hormones are makin 14 yr old girls look 20.

Do a search for glucogenesis.... I believe that is the term for when this happens.

<<LMO>>

I have heard of that, but I thought that occurs only when the body realy is in the need of energy and have no other source to turn to?

but I guess it seems logical that if the most kcal comes from protein it will make sue to take advantage of it

<<LMO>>
    That's the process by which glycogen is formed from glucose

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I have heard of that, but I thought that occurs only when the body realy is in the need of energy and have no other source to turn to?

but I guess it seems logical that if the most kcal comes from protein it will make sue to take advantage of it

When SwoleCat gets on here I am sure he can explain it better.

<<LMO>>

That's the process by which glycogen is formed from glucose

Must not be the right word then.... hold on I'll find out for sure. Let me find the post where this was discussed

<<LMO>>

Yea, we have big ass chickens because they get injected with all kinds of stuff. A guy that i used to work for in the resturant business was telling me about how he doesnt let his daughter eat certain meats bc of what they put in it. He said that the reason that so many 14 yr old girls have big tits nowadays is bc of all the additives that are in food and chicken especially. Those hormones are makin 14 yr old girls look 20.

It's bovine cattle man...there really is something in the water [milk]

Here ya go.... it is called gluconeogenesis

<<LMO>>

Well Im not one to turn down some free hormones with my meat

j/k want to know whats in my meat but im so broke I have to buy the cheapest **** I can find

Must not be the right word then.... hold on I'll find out for sure. Let me find the post where this was discussed

<<LMO>>

I found it. It doesn't convert to sugar, but instead glucose. I guess that's what you meant. Everything gets converted to glucose if it's going to be used for energy. I don't see any reason why your body would do this just because you have an excess of protein, unless of course you had a shortage of carbs.

I found it. It doesn't convert to sugar, but instead glucose. I guess that's what you meant. Everything gets converted to glucose if it's going to be used for energy. I don't see any reason why your body would do this just because you have an excess of protein, unless of course you had a shortage of carbs.

Glucose is sugar bro

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Well Im not one to turn down some free hormones with my meat

j/k want to know whats in my meat but im so broke I have to buy the cheapest **** I can find

cool. I'll sell you some grilled goat chock full of estrogen

Glucose is sugar bro

<<LMO>>
    Yeah, I guess so, 'blood sugar' right. I always think of glucose as energy. Sh!t man, it's hard being me sometimes.

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    i have just started taking in 400 gms of protein a day for the first time(usually 250) and my workouts have felt the best for a long time.will let you know how i progress

Guys don't get me wrong..... I am not saying your body will store protien as fat if your in excess of 300g a day, I am just stating that protein can be stored as fat. If you are splitting it up over 7-8 meals then you are fine most likely. But most people I know only eat 5-6 meals a day, and it is hard to consume 400+ grams of protein in 5-6 meals without overdoing it.

<<LMO>>

Beernutz is offline Member
    in my opinion pple would only see change in there bodies for the better with that much protein if there are on AAS. Any natty lifter wouldnt benefit from that much protein.

that I fully aggre with beer

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    in my opinion pple would only see change in there bodies for the better with that much protein if there are on AAS. Any natty lifter wouldnt benefit from that much protein.
    i.e. steriods increase protein synthesis

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Guys don't get me wrong..... I am not saying your body will store protien as fat if your in excess of 300g a day, I am just stating that protein can be stored as fat. If you are splitting it up over 7-8 meals then you are fine most likely. But most people I know only eat 5-6 meals a day, and it is hard to consume 400+ grams of protein in 5-6 meals without overdoing it.

<<LMO>>
    I see you already made them see the light, so we're all good here.

~SC~

Thread Information