Justarting is offline Associate Member

Carbing up to often?

I'm followign this diet right now....

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

I'm having pretty good results, but do you think i would have better results if i didn't carb up as often? This diet has me going HIGH CARB, NO CARB, LOW CARB for 3 days and then repeat. Do u think thats too often of a high carb day?

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Why isnt there a medium carb day? I wouldnt even bother with that diet, but if you are seeing results then that is what matters.

I would say that if you are bulking then you should drop the no carb day. If you are cutting you should drop the high carb day.

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    well teh high carb day is to give the metabolism a big boost, that for sur eis necessarry, when i was cutting without it before and just doing low carb days, i would dip as low as 1500 calories at a weight of 180 and not lose weight.... i feel the high carb day is essential... and yes i am cutting.

Ifyou7 are doubtful as to the effectiveness of this diet plan, head on over to bodybuilding.com and check out derek charlebois results using it, simply amazing.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Yea, ive been googling diets and I'm coming across a lot of people saying that even for cutting you need to a good amount of carbs. For me though, I stick with pro/fat meals until PWO and PPWO and then another pro/fat before bed. That is what i did before comin to this board and that philosophy has been backed up here. Although there is a lot of contridicting info out there. As long as you are seeing progress, stick with whatever you are doing. If you level off and you still want to cut, then perhaps try a different approach. I'm in the process of cutting right now, but in about 4 weeks im going to start bulking. Thats when i plan to up my carbs.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    If you are seeing good results even when carbing up every 3 days then keep doing it. When your progress slows down cut the carb up days down to 1 day a week.

<<LMO>>

Thread Information