UrbanDawg is offline Banned

I only *thought* I knew about diet

I thought I know about diet because I had used a simple TEST only cycle to Xform my body from a 25% BF Santa Clause to relatively lean 15% or so in only 3 months this year. I did it with just brute force 2000-2500 cals per daywith 6x cardio twice per day. This was a major cut from my usual 4000 cals per day of fat and sugar. NAturally this change knocked a lot of fat off.

About 2 weeks ago I was talking to Da Bull about how well it was going and mentioned that I was eating 3 meals a day. DB immediately corrcte my diet and sent me a complete 6 meals per day diet plan that ramps doen from 2700 cals per week by -100 per week for 14 weeks.

I just want to report to everyone what a drastic difference this diet is making already. I wasted months of hard work and coould have been so much farther along if I had researched a good diet.

By eating 6 mini meals a day I feel more energetic, my stomach never gets stretched and I never get reflux at night. Most importantly the fat is really coming off.

At 46 yrs old I feel like a I have the metabolism of a 25 year old again.

thanks DB!

OK - here is the Diet DB created for me at 46 yrs old, 15%BF BW=240 waist 37-38 and arms 17. Also assumes a prop fina cycle for 14 weeks.My goal by week #14 is BW=215 BF=8% Waist=34 and arms=18"

--------------------------------------------------------------
    "OK you lazy bastard.I'm giving you a 2700 cal daily diet.You'll need to buy a calorie book to do the rest of the leg work when you drop 100 cals per week.You'll need to buy some sort of small scale to weigh meats and veggies also.Mostly everything in this diet is somewhat measured out.Like Tuna is usually sold in 3.5 ounce cans.So that's easy to do.This diet should be very easy to do.A good idea is to portion all your meats out ahead for 4-5 days.This saves valuable time.Plus I precook 4-5 meals of chicken ahead of time.So all you have to do is microwave them at the desired time.If you prep stuff ahead,the meals won't be a choir at all.Bare in mind I've been doing this along time,so It's routine for me.

Meal1:7 eggwhites(large eggs)1 whole egg,1/2 cup oatmeal(measured uncooked)

Protein:38g/carbs 27g/fat 10g Total cals:370

Meal 2:12 oz fat free cottage cheese,1 tablespoon flax seed oil.

Protein:23g/carbs 5g/fat 14g Total cals:450

Meal 3:7 oz tuna(packed in water)make nice sized salad with tomato ect,and mix tuna in with salad.NO DRESSING!!

Protein 25g/carbs 18g/fat 4g Total cals:355

Meal 4:8 oz boneless,skinless chicken breast(grilled or baked)12 oz steamed broccoli,1.5 ounces Dry roasted cashews.

Protein:59g/carbs 16g/fat 13g Total cals 855

Meal 5:Preworkout meal
    6 eggwhites/1/2 cup oatmeal(measured dry)

Protein 29g/carbs 27g/fat 4g Total cals 300

Meal 6;Post Work Out Shake 60 g protein/1/2 cup dry oats mixed in.
    THIS DOES NOT COUNT IN CALS FOR THE DAY!!!

Meal 7:1 hr after workout
    6oz lean beef/8 oz any steamed veggies

Protein 36g/carbs 11g/fat 13 g Total cals 370

I layed this out for you,because I know you train at night.Also,with the oats.NO MILK,but you can add some honey in there to sweeten it up a bit.

Total intake for day:

Protein:271g/carbs110g/good fats 61g Total cals 2690

The protein and carb count inclue the post workout shake,but cals are excluded.Don't be alarmed at the fat grams.those are essential fats needed by the body daily.Plus,beleive it or not,good fats burn fat!!!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by UrbanDawg; 07-24-2004 at 08:35 PM.

Bigkatz is offline Associate Member
    so let me get this straight. start with six meals a day and 2700cals them week two go to 2600 cals and so on and so on for 14weeks.

i was just searching the diet forum for something like this.

thanks again for the great info.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Would you post the diet or pm me with details...
    Thanks,
    AG

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Would you post the diet or pm me with details...
    Thanks,
    AG
    I would appreciate a look at this as well. Pm if you must. I bet the board could benifit overall from it though.

vikingwarrior777 is offline Junior Member
    Would really like to see that also...pm or post ..thanks bro

yeah that is info that needs to be shared

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Post it bro, sounds like possible sticky material.

Angelis is offline Banned
    hey urban dawg post it or pm it to me i was looking for a good diet

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg
    Ill PM DB about posting it since this diet was his invention. Maybe he will make it generic again since he did customize it for me.
    Appreciate it..
    AG

Ill PM DB about posting it since this diet was his invention. Maybe he will make it generic again since he did customize it for me.
    I'm sure Da Bull would share but if it's customized then it would be better to get his generic version. Hook us up Bull!

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Hey bro...you can post the diet I helped you with.Post up the one I gave you,and if others like it,they can switch meal timing around if they want.Or even add cals on in the beggining of the ramp down(example instead of starting at 2700 cals,which is about maintenance for a 46yr at that weight,a younger person can start at 3200 cals).

For all that will read this diet he'll post.It's somewhat age specific,and based around his cycle of Prop/Fina he's running at the moment.

Glad the diet is helping you UD...my pleasure to help an older bro like myself.

looking foward to it, I'm right at the 40 mark myself.....

Thanks Da Bull. i'm really looking forwared to seeing the diet

Bump for two reasons. It's a good diet plan worth everyone looking at. And I'm also curious what you cut to drop the 100 calories a week. I would guess start with the oats and go from there but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the cashews?

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Bump for two reasons. It's a good diet plan worth everyone looking at. And I'm also curious what you cut to drop the 100 calories a week. I would guess start with the oats and go from there but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the cashews?
    Yes,you have presumed correctly.Drop the carbs down each week,but keep the protein high.Eventually,your carbs for the day will come from post workout shake,and post post work out meal.The fats will be your source of energy eventually.

Big_Diesel is offline Associate Member
    Post it in the diet section please.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Diesel
    FU newbie...you came here and cause nothing but trouble.You crap in any thread you can.I see you have TONS of buddies here already.

Big_Diesel is offline Associate Member
    touchy.........its in the wrong forum, read the rules

I thought I know about diet because I had used a simple TEST only cycle to Xform my body from a 25% BF Santa Clause to relatively lean 15% or so in only 3 months this year. I did it with just brute force 2000-2500 cals per daywith 6x cardio twice per day. This was a major cut from my usual 4000 cals per day of fat and sugar. NAturally this change knocked a lot of fat off.

About 2 weeks ago I was talking to Da Bull about how well it was going and mentioned that I was eating 3 meals a day. DB immediately corrcte my diet and sent me a complete 6 meals per day diet plan that ramps doen from 2700 cals per week by -100 per week for 14 weeks.

I just want to report to everyone what a drastic difference this diet is making already. I wasted months of hard work and coould have been so much farther along if I had researched a good diet.

By eating 6 mini meals a day I feel more energetic, my stomach never gets stretched and I never get reflux at night. Most importantly the fat is really coming off.

At 46 yrs old I feel like a I have the metabolism of a 25 year old again.

thanks DB/
    Yes it's true!
    Da Bull is the man

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    FU newbie...you came here and cause nothing but trouble.You crap in any thread you can.I see you have TONS of buddies here already.
    Yes maybe you can become a Diet Guru!!

This comment would hold some weight if we had started the thread here. That's not the case though, it was started days ago and I merely wanted a little more info on it. Were I a mod I might move it. But that's certainly not the case. Hit the prozak.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Ill ask a mod to move it.

GoBIGorGOHomeAZ is offline New Member
    how long should one wait to go hit the gym after eating a preworkout meal?????

GBorGH

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBIGorGOHomeAZ
    how long should one wait to go hit the gym after eating a preworkout meal?????

GBorGH
    i always weight about 45-60 mins

DCB

P.S. i think that diet up there is sh!tty, but please dont put garlic on my lawn for sayin that DB

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    25-15% BF in 3 months @ 46 yrs old is great, you should be proud brother.. what kind of test did you run? prop?

TrIBOL

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    i always weight about 45-60 mins

DCB

P.S. i think that diet up there is sh!tty, but please dont put garlic on my lawn for sayin that DB

What's so ****ty about it??

I don't see too many problems with it. The only part I would change is PWO shake from oats to dextrose, and ditch the fat in the PPWO meal and add more carbs. Other than that it looks fine, and it has been working for him. Go look at his pics he posted.

<<LMO>>
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 08-03-2004 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    What's so ****ty about it??

I don't see too many problems with it. The only part I would change is PWO shake from oats to dextrose, and ditch the fat in the PPWO meal and add more carbs. Other than that it looks fine, and it has been working for him. Go look at his pics he posted.

<<LMO>>
    i said I dont think its ne good, just giving MHO. dont get your panties in a bunch

DCB

i said I dont think its ne good, just giving MHO. dont get your panties in a bunch

DCB

That's fine and dandy..... but I feel we are starting to become a little too one sided in this forum and I think it's time to open up a little to new ideas. There are other ways besides ours..... and I think we are getting a little too carried away with our idea of what is right and wrong....I like the diet above with the 2 exceptions I posted.

<<LMO>>

That's fine and dandy..... but I feel we are starting to become a little too one sided in this forum and I think it's time to open up a little to new ideas. There are other ways besides ours..... and I think we are getting a little too carried away with our idea of what is right and wrong....I like the diet above with the 2 exceptions I posted.

<<LMO>>
    well me and DB got everything under control via PM. we both have repsect for one another. and i agree that eat w/e the hell ya want as long as your going toward YOUR goals. the homogayness is fading LMO, lets just blame it all on bryan11 and call it a day

DCB

well me and DB got everything under control via PM. we both have repsect for one another. and i agree that eat w/e the hell ya want as long as your going toward YOUR goals. the homogayness is fading LMO, lets just blame it all on bryan11 and call it a day

DCB

Works for me....**** you Brian11!!!

<<LMO>>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

<<LMO>>
    I don't believe an intelligent approach that will work for literally everybody is one sided. We have a certain approach here, yeah, so don't be afraid to back what is a very good approach. You can also give props to other methods, when they are indicative of such praise, that's not to say you cannot. I've just always been one to "go w/what works", and it's evident the advice we pump out here has been helping tons of people, because it's been working wonders w/a lot of people for years.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I don't believe an intelligent approach that will work for literally everybody is one sided. We have a certain approach here, yeah, so don't be afraid to back what is a very good approach. You can also give props to other methods, when they are indicative of such praise, that's not to say you cannot. I've just always been one to "go w/what works", and it's evident the advice we pump out here has been helping tons of people, because it's been working wonders w/a lot of people for years.

~SC~

I agree 100%..... I just am getting tired of everyone knocking food choices etc...you understand what I mean SC? Why do you think I wanted to make a new bulking sticky.... because I don't necessarily agree with our other sticky's approach. However, we have to realize not all people here are serious body builders or out to compete, and telling someone they can't use whole wheat bread for a carb source or pasta kinda seems pointless when thinking about their overall goals. However I am not saying we should not stick by what we preach because I do feel it is the best/most effective way

<<LMO>>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Cool deal!

I hear ya, yes.

~SC~

I agree 100%..... I just am getting tired of everyone knocking food choices etc...you understand what I mean SC? Why do you think I wanted to make a new bulking sticky.... because I don't necessarily agree with our other sticky's approach. However, we have to realize not all people here are serious body builders or out to compete, and telling someone they can't use whole wheat bread for a carb source or pasta kinda seems pointless when thinking about their overall goals. However I am not saying we should not stick by what we preach because I do feel it is the best/most effective way

<<LMO>>
    AMEN LMO
    AMEN SC
    F U BRYAN!!

DCB

AMEN LMO
    AMEN SC
    F U BRYAN!!

DCB

BWAHAHAHAHHA

<<LMO>>

bryan11 = "sofa king we taught it" (say it fast)

DCB

Thread Information