xenithon is offline Member

Good Base for Sauces (other than oils)

Hi All,

I would like to know what is a good base for sauces, other than oil. The reason is that for meals which are high in carbs I would love to use a sauce to give more flavour but without the fat content (trying to separate fats and carbs). This will mainly be used for things like pasta, kasha, rice, as well as the protein source itself (eg. some sort of meat). As I am sure you guys know something like pasta just aint that good when its dry and without some sauce/liquid. I currently use things like lemon juice, and bottled chilli/tomato based sauces without added sugars and crap. Anything else worth trying?

Thanks,
    X

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    www.netrition.com has all sorts of weird creepy low carb sauces and such

dcb

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Hi All,

I would like to know what is a good base for sauces, other than oil. The reason is that for meals which are high in carbs I would love to use a sauce to give more flavour but without the fat content (trying to separate fats and carbs). This will mainly be used for things like pasta, kasha, rice, as well as the protein source itself (eg. some sort of meat). As I am sure you guys know something like pasta just aint that good when its dry and without some sauce/liquid. I currently use things like lemon juice, and bottled chilli/tomato based sauces without added sugars and crap. Anything else worth trying?

Thanks,
    X
    Pasta!!! I haven't had pasta in almost 8 months!!!! ****, I could go for a huge bowl Seafood Pasta Diablo right now.

Thread Information