Thread: chicken prep

VIXI is offline Female Member

chicken prep

Curious as to the advantages of grilling versus roasting chicken...any major differences in the preperation that would make one better than the other nutritionally?....not familiar with the exact roasting process so clueless in that area...especially considering I'm newly addicted to Popeyes roasted chicken...Tastes too good to be good for me...input?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Hijack...

While you're at it, would you mind telling the difference between grilling and boiling? Thanks. Sorry Vixi ....

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Roasting is my fav...easy as pie.

Set the oven at 475 and toss a clean bird on a roaster pan and chuck he's ass in the oven.....after fifteen minutes turn the oven down to 375 and let it cook for an hour or little longer depending on the weight of the bird. The reason for the high temp to begin with is to give the bird a nice brown coat. You can shove a few spices in the cavity, rosemary and such to make it smell good.

SC, grilling is done on a grill (outdoors with charcoal...or on the range if you have an indoor grill) broiling is when placed in the oven on broil. Broiling, imho, dries it out a bit to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    SC, grilling is done on a grill (outdoors with charcoal...or on the range if you have an indoor grill) broiling is when placed in the oven on broil. Broiling, imho, dries it out a bit to much.
    LOL...thanks Juggy....

I meant, the nutritional value differences...any?

but are there any kind of nutritional differences from roasting chicken to grilling it?....and I think blown said boiling not broiling...thank you though jug

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148

Set the oven at 475 and toss a clean bird on a roaster pan and chuck he's ass in the oven.....after fifteen minutes turn the oven down to 375 and let it cook for an hour or little longer depending on the weight of the bird. The reason for the high temp to begin with is to give the bird a nice brown coat. You can shove a few spices in the cavity, rosemary and such to make it smell good.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

shouldn't

make a big difference. boiling will take out a lot of the flavor though IMO. i like roasting or grilling. shouldn't make a difference (although, i'm not sure as to the quality of popeye's chicken...i don't know if they load it up with oil etc before cooking)

ttuPrincess Guest
    once again hijacked.. does anyone have one of those george forman roasters??? i really want one..

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    i really want one..

Me too

<<LMO>>

was thinkin about picking one up myself...another reason i was askin...

Whores ...

*smooches*

And yes, that GF looks awesome.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    hmm, I can only eat grilled chicken.... too many meals or baked or boiled or roasted yuk! Easier too, only dirty the plate and fork

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    does anyone have one of those george forman roasters???

complete trash.. i have one it came with my grill.. its a total waste of space it takes abotu 30 minutes to do anything and eats up electric bill..

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    The nutritional value of chicken should not change based on the method of cooking. If you are making boneless skinless chicken, the only thing that will change the amt of fats, cals, etc will be what you add to it. Different cooking methods are done by cooks/chefs to get different textures and flavors so they can have different side dishes with it .

Hope that answers it.

Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    Curious as to the advantages of grilling versus roasting chicken...any major differences in the preperation that would make one better than the other nutritionally?....not familiar with the exact roasting process so clueless in that area...especially considering I'm newly addicted to Popeyes roasted chicken...Tastes too good to be good for me...input?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, ditto, it depends on what cut of chicken you are using. I am guessing breasts, but I'm not certain.

~SC~

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    yeah, i like breasts! chicken breasts that is:

btw.. Those foreman grills suck arse.. made my chicken all dry with no flavor. I prefer to grill my chicken or bake it in the oven.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    your cooking it too long

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    your cooking it too long
    True that! I'm eating chicken tenders off the foreman right now, and they are so juicy, the sh*t is running down my chin.

Medium heat for about 8 mins..............PRESTO!!!!!!

~SC~

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    the foreman is the ****tttttttttttttt!!!!!

so is the "baby george rotisery" but i live in a **** whole of a dorm so my experience might be hightend

dcb

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I hate being on diet. At work tonite there was two whole pans of fried chicken left over. I could have eaten it all by my self, but nooooooooo, fried chicken has too much fat in it from the frying process. So everyone else was eatin one or two pieces, wtf, you cant bulk on that, you gotta eat like 7 or 8 pieces to get full then throw in some pasta! Lousy fat tastin so good.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    If you do it yourself, there shouldn't be much difference between grilling and roasting. The only difference would be if your roasting a whole chicken or a piece of meat with higher fat content. While grilling, the fat would run off but wile roasting (unless you have it raised out of the pan), the meat sits in the fat. You could set it on some paper towels before eating so that would take care of it.

Be careful though about buying roasted chicken from a restaurant - especially a fast food joint. They often slather it with all kinds of fat and continue to baste it while it's cooking.

ttuPrincess Guest
    there is this big rotissary machine at the restaurant i work at , and I have tlo stare at those dancing chickens all day long.. no fair!!!! all that fat and butter they are basted in .. YUM

priest_416 is offline Registered User
    once again hijacked.. does anyone have one of those george forman roasters??? i really want one..
    GF roaster is incredible. I recently picked one up I love it

ttuPrincess Guest
    humm i thikn im gonna get one soon!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I have one and I love it. I use it all the time, its so much easier then everything else..

Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I have one and I love it. I use it all the time, its so much easier then everything else..
    SOLD...guess I didn't need much convincing...lol

Beernutz is offline Member
    d@mn Vixi you have bigger lats then me...

LM1332 Guest
    Grilling all fats run down so you are not getting as much fat as you would from roasting it in its own fat i guess

Forman grill is amazing cooks fast and most of the fat or a lot of it rolls down the side

jealous?....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    d@mn Vixi you have bigger lats then me...

Thread Information