angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

dextrose and glucose

whats the difference between dextroratory glucose crystals and dextrose??? is there any?

thanks

bump....anybody know this? swole?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    AST claims that it disolves faster and there is no digestion for the DGC. For the price i would say your not looking at that much of a difference in uptake into the GI tract
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    whats the difference between dextroratory glucose crystals and dextrose??? is there any?

thanks
    About ten dollars per pound!

Dextrose is also known as d-glucose. The DGC seems to be a little over hyped to me. Dextrose works, for under a buck a pound. Just my opinion.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie
    About ten dollars per pound!

Dextrose is also known as d-glucose. The DGC seems to be a little over hyped to me. Dextrose works, for under a buck a pound. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, no sh*t........that other stuff is crazy expensive, and doesn't seem to be any better at getting results.

~SC~

Post lol

ok well i have some dgc now, i'll blast through this then use my 10lb bag of dex right next do it. so dosing for dgc is the same, 2:1 then, correct?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ok well i have some dgc now, i'll blast through this then use my 10lb bag of dex right next do it. so dosing for dgc is the same, 2:1 then, correct?
    I am assuming sugar is sugar for the most part with the exception of bonds, just read the label. X=amt of carbs per serving.

I cant believe you wasted that much money on it for 20$ more you could have got 50lbs of dex that would last a year,lol
    abstrack@protonmail.com

actually...

i got the **** pretty cheap. my family owns a health club up here, so i can get **** factory direct! i only paid $5 for 3lb of it....i know its still a lot more expensive than regular dex, but there was some on hand, and my dex is not here yet, so i figured i could spare the $5...normally that container costs like 15.99 or something similar!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    i got the **** pretty cheap. my family owns a health club up here, so i can get **** factory direct! i only paid $5 for 3lb of it....i know its still a lot more expensive than regular dex, but there was some on hand, and my dex is not here yet, so i figured i could spare the $5...normally that container costs like 15.99 or something similar!

hmmmm... how bout some ar group buys on somethin??

later man

Wink well...

like swole said, if there are no results differences, i dont plan on buying it myself anymore. at $10 for 10lb dex, its still cheaper than $20 for this **** for the big tub. but i suppose if one of you really wanted to spend the money, PM me and i'll see what i can do!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    like swole said, if there are no results differences, i dont plan on buying it myself anymore. at $10 for 10lb dex, its still cheaper than $20 for this **** for the big tub. but i suppose if one of you really wanted to spend the money, PM me and i'll see what i can do!

I meant somethin .. as in somethin else .. like some good isolate whey ... or somethin.. I dunno

just wondering

Talking whey

yea i can get big discounts on whey and ****, especially "natures best" products! I used to be a huge fan of "Zero Carb, Perfect Isopure"...its the ****, but after reading that post on ATW and swole's ideas on the ****, i tried it. Its the same quality as isopure, but half the price. Its almost the same price pound for pound as what i pay for isopure WHOLESALE!!!.....

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

No difference

If i remember my chemistry correctly...

Dextrose is a glucose isomer (isomer:chemical compound that has the same number, and kinds of atoms as another compound, but a different structural arrangement of the atoms.).. In effect there's no real difference ('cept the pricing scam... utter bullsh_t)

Um checked.. no difference.. don't pay more money for it.. absorptio rate is the same

here's a layman explanation:

Glucose, a simple monosaccharide sugar, is one of the most important carbohydrates and is used as a source of energy in animals and plants. Glucose is one of the main products of photosynthesis and starts respiration. The natural form (D-glucose) is also referred to as dextrose, especially in the food industry.

If a a company is claiming enhanced absorption by means of changing the physical state.. i'd take that claim with a pinch of salt

Sorry didn't exactly answer the question. Checking 'dextroratory glucose crystals' v.s. dextrose... i've found:

http://hypertextbook.com/physics/waves/polarization/

Glucose is dextrorotatory, also called dextrose, α-D-(+)-glucose (C6H12O6 six-sided ring)

My conclusion is that they're just selling dextrose under it's stereochemical classification... RIP OFF!

~Nark

ty, much research i haven't done. i know dextrose is an isomer of glucose (delta), the delta and levo isomers are the most biologically active component of most pharmaceutical products, and recreational drugs, but unfortunately most products like that aren't isomerically specific, and have racemic mixtures. i didn't realize by the title being "Dextroratory" they were referring to dextrose, as i dont even think "dextroratory" is a real word, as the isomer is actually "delta"
    Last edited by angelxterminator; 07-28-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Thread Information