Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aggression is offline Member

Last meal a shake

I workout at night alot and I take my protein shake with dextrose immediatly after my last set. Than I go home take my other supps and shower and go to bed. Is it bad that my last "Meal" for the day is my PWO shake with dextrose and not solid food?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    You should eat another pro/carb meal when you get home.

Metabolic_ is offline Junior Member
    Im not sure if it is a good or bad thing, but you definetly need that shake IMO its the most important meal of the day, I think Ive seen this question before. My only advice is to somehow train earlier in the day so that you you can also have a PPWO meal and your last meal a pro/fat meal. Having carbs before bed will most likely cause your body to store fat, but then again if you just finished a workout so maybe your muscles will utilize them and the possiblity of storing fat is minimized??

eggplant is offline Member
    pwo and ppwo should always have carbs....

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    pwo and ppwo should always have carbs....
    its his last meal brah. if i was you, i would wake up about 2 or 3 hrs later after ur workout when youre asleep of course and have some **** to eat, another protein shake with a potato, cup rice, maybe even dex, duno bout dex though . no it wont make you gain more fat because you are sleeping. its been said your brain is almost as active at night between the sleeping stages 1-4 or somthin and it is almost like you are awake...if that makes sense, do what you want, good luck bro.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Dude.... just make your PWO shake and take it immediately when you leave the gym. Then stay up another 45 minutes and have PPWO, pop 100-200mg of R-ALA and hit the sack.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    its his last meal brah. if i was you, i would wake up about 2 or 3 hrs later after ur workout when youre asleep of course and have some **** to eat, another protein shake with a potato, cup rice, maybe even dex, duno bout dex though . no it wont make you gain more fat because you are sleeping. its been said your brain is almost as active at night between the sleeping stages 1-4 or somthin and it is almost like you are awake...if that makes sense, do what you want, good luck bro.

i was just stating a fact that pwo and ppwo should have some carbs in it..not telling him to "have to" have a carb meal before he goes to bed..hope you understand what i'm trying to put forward..and in terms of waking up 2-3hrs later..PERSONALLY,i wouldn't want to do that..the only time you are growing is when you are at rest(eg.sleeping)..by waking up in the middle of the night..you are disrupting the body's ability to properly repair body cells..if that's the case, i would rather finish up all my meals..and go to bed..get a solid 8 hours sleep at least..and to top it off..dextrose is best taken after strenous workout..INSULIN ! and also..not gaining fat while sleeping..i suggest you try eating 3 or 4 potatoes before bed..try it for 2-3 mth..i think you will get the answer to this..

oh..and about the brain being active at night..i don't know about that..but what i do know is our metabolic rates are the slowest at night..and by meaning of putting on fat or not..it depends more on metabolic rates than brain activity..

im not going to go looking for the thread i found all this crap on, but im right eggshrub. BTW, what idiot WOULD eat 3,4 potatos b4 bed. IMO one wouldnt hurt you. AND, when i said wake up, i did not mean turn on all the lights in the house and wake up. i meant trot ur as downstairs gulp down what u gota in the dark so your body doesnt really know your awake, do this for a while and your body will wake up on its own and you wont even know you are awake, or that you did it in the first place.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    I dont want to get in the middle of the argument that appears to be brewing, but i will say that waking up halfway through sleeping and downing a shake with some flax will be good for you body if you are bulking. This way you continue anabolism.

i would hesitate if you are cutting.

either way i dont do it bc i dont get enough sleep as it is and im not about to disturb what little sleep i do get to enjoy.

whole point of getting up in middle of night is to not actually wake up fully so you can go right back to bed, just like your nightly piss, you go right back to bed cause you are barely awake is my point.

i gota find that thread.

im not going to go looking for the thread i found all this crap on, but im right eggshrub. BTW, what idiot WOULD eat 3,4 potatos b4 bed.
    HEY!! Watch the flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    HEY!! Watch the flaming.

Yea I agree..... and watch the flaming especially when you are WRONG AGAIN pimp wannabe boy. You have been giving some $hitty advice lately. If you don't know what your talking about don't try and help other people.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Yea I agree..... and watch the flaming especially when you are WRONG AGAIN pimp wannabe boy. You have been giving some $hitty advice lately. If you don't know what your talking about don't try and help other people.

<<LMO>>
    want to point out what i was wrong about?? or just say im wrong and act tuff and wave your cyber dick around??? if you got **** with me say it dont run around on the diet forum attacking everything i say. its pissin me off. not everyone can be ass oh so perfect as you are all mighty LMO.

want to point out what i was wrong about?? or just say im wrong and act tuff and wave your cyber dick around??? if you got **** with me say it dont run around on the diet forum attacking everything i say. its pissin me off. not everyone can be ass oh so perfect as you are all mighty LMO.

I already said what I have to say.... you don't know what your talking about so don't give advice. Plain and simple. There is nothing detrimental about eating a potato before bed if it is your PPWO meal. You obviously have not been around here long enough to know that so don't advise / flame people for giving the CORRECT Advice.

<<LMO>>

I already said what I have to say.... you don't know what your talking about so don't give advice. Plain and simple. There is nothing detrimental about eating a potato before bed if it is your PPWO meal. You obviously have not been around here long enough to know that so don't advise / flame people for giving the CORRECT Advice.

<<LMO>>
    think youre talking about the wrong guy bro. where did i say it was wrong to eat a potato before bed if it was your PPWO meal? stop making **** up.

think youre talking about the wrong guy bro. where did i say it was wrong to eat a potato before bed if it was your PPWO meal? stop making **** up.
    Dude, what's your problem? Why don't you just chill out?

im not going to go looking for the thread i found all this crap on, but im right eggshrub. BTW, what idiot WOULD eat 3,4 potatos b4 bed. IMO one wouldnt hurt you. AND, when i said wake up, i did not mean turn on all the lights in the house and wake up. i meant trot ur as downstairs gulp down what u gota in the dark so your body doesnt really know your awake, do this for a while and your body will wake up on its own and you wont even know you are awake, or that you did it in the first place.

Really.... what did you just say above??? "BTW, what idiot WOULD eat 3,4 potatos b4 bed. IMO one wouldnt hurt you"

<<LMO>>

)(PimP JuicE)( I don't have a problem with you, I just noticed lately you have been giving people incorrect advice and flaming a lot of members / newbies for giving their ideas / asking questions. We don't tolerate it here, either chill out or don't stick around. The choice is yours. Honestly I could care less either way. But this isn't the first time you have started $hit here either. I have no problem forgetting about all this, I just think you need to chill out

<<LMO>>

)(PimP JuicE)( I don't have a problem with you, I just noticed lately you have been giving people incorrect advice and flaming a lot of members / newbies for giving their ideas / asking questions. We don't tolerate it here, either chill out or don't stick around. The choice is yours. Honestly I could care less either way. But this isn't the first time you have started $hit here either. I have no problem forgetting about all this, I just think you need to chill out

<<LMO>>
    dude you're crazy in the head...i havnt given out any wrong info, potatos before bed, shiza, whats wrong with that if he is goin to sleep after his ppwo. i think you need to deflate your head a little so you can fit out the door...just my opinion.

dude you're crazy in the head...i havnt given out any wrong info, potatos before bed, shiza, whats wrong with that if he is goin to sleep after his ppwo. i think you need to deflate your head a little so you can fit out the door...just my opinion.

You said eating potatos before bed would be a bad thing. That is wrong if it is PPWO, and I don't need any head deflation, I know I am not always right / don't know it all. So like I said before you need to chill out. And yes you have given ****ty advice, like last night when you said eat pasta w/ olive oil etc..... PPWO is a necessary meal I don't care if you are going to bed after it or not. Eating a potato or two or whatever you need to meet your macro's is not detrimental one bit. Eat your potatos, pop some R-ALA and hit the sack. Either way I am done argueing with you, keep flaming on eventually you will be dealt with. Have a nice day

<<LMO>>

You said eating potatos before bed would be a bad thing. That is wrong if it is PPWO, and I don't need any head deflation, I know I am not always right / don't know it all. So like I said before you need to chill out. And yes you have given ****ty advice, like last night when you said eat pasta w/ olive oil etc..... PPWO is a necessary meal I don't care if you are going to bed after it or not. Eating a potato or two or whatever you need to meet your macro's is not detrimental one bit. Eat your potatos, pop some R-ALA and hit the sack. Either way I am done argueing with you, keep flaming on eventually you will be dealt with. Have a nice day

<<LMO>>
    i didnt say eating potatos before bed was a bad thing, i said it WASN'T. here we go, i said eating one potato IMO WOULDNT HURT YOU.dang bro, you need to read more carefully next time. btw, ya you do. and yes i was wrong, and i also said i was wrong in the forum last night. so dont act like i did not admit i was wrong, oh and how are those other BAD comments i have said comming along, found them yet?

i didnt say eating potatos before bed was a bad thing, i said it WASN'T. here we go, i said eating one potato IMO WOULDNT HURT YOU.dang bro, you need to read more carefully next time. btw, ya you do. and yes i was wrong, and i also said i was wrong in the forum last night. so dont act like i did not admit i was wrong, oh and how are those other BAD comments i have said comming along, found them yet?

I didn't read $hit wrong..... I know exactly what you said. And you know what I said it already I am done with this. You Flamed eggplant for no reason, and now you are starting $hit with me. I am done with it, the mods have already warned you in the other thread, keep on flaming / argueing. You'll be gone in no time. The only person being hurt by keeping this going is you.

<<LMO>>

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    bro, pick a fight in the lounge, not here...

I didn't read $hit wrong..... I know exactly what you said. And you know what I said it already I am done with this. You Flamed eggplant for no reason, and now you are starting $hit with me. I am done with it, the mods have already warned you in the other thread, keep on flaming / argueing. You'll be gone in no time. The only person being hurt by keeping this going is you.

<<LMO>>
    you did read it wrong dude. and no, obviously you dont know what was said. AND, you aren't stopping this if you keep posting now are you?

im not picking a fight im defending what i think needs to be defended and proving that i am not wrong.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    bro, pick a fight in the lounge, not here...
    No.. you do so through PM's, not thru public forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC

Already done lol.... no more fighting. We have agreed to drop it.

<<LMO>>

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

NEVER!@#@!# Wheres my horse and sword!? I'm coming for you and your **** education system!@

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    NEVER!@#@!# Wheres my horse and sword!? I'm coming for you and your **** education system!@
    You and LMO crack me up.. I just didn't want to see anyone get banned from "fighting" in open forum, that's all...
    More people = more ideas/input, which is rarely detrimental.

PS.. Elliot...you have cooties.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's my 2 cents... ignoring all the flaming that has preceded my post.My coach allows me to eat potatoes before bed.This is when i'm preparing for contests.(Won't go into the strategy.. but it works). Back to teh topic.. If you indeed workout at nite i'd advise you revise how you ingest your carbs.As opposed to guys training in the early afternoon (e.t.c.) who taper their carbs as the day progresses(due to the lack of activity.. and subsequent lower energy requirements later in the day), do a reverse pyramid.I.e. the majority of your carbs'll be ingest in the pre and post workout meals... with some more in your ppwo.
    Seeing your level of activity is higher at nite... carbs ingested at this point (post-workout and pos-post-workout) should not be stored as bodyfat...

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's my 2 cents... ignoring all the flaming that has preceded my post.My coach allows me to eat potatoes before bed.This is when i'm preparing for contests.(Won't go into the strategy.. but it works). Back to teh topic.. If you indeed workout at nite i'd advise you revise how you ingest your carbs.As opposed to guys training in the early afternoon (e.t.c.) who taper their carbs as the day progresses(due to the lack of activity.. and subsequent lower energy requirements later in the day), do a reverse pyramid.I.e. the majority of your carbs'll be ingest in the pre and post workout meals... with some more in your ppwo.
    Seeing your level of activity is higher at nite... carbs ingested at this point (post-workout and pos-post-workout) should not be stored as bodyfat...
    Thanks..(for putting it in lamens terms) good post brutha...makes sense to me!

Metabolic_ is offline Junior Member
    I guess my prescience was right from my the post I made before. Does anybody agree that this is the case when you ingest carbs before going to bed after an intense workout??

Quote Originally Posted by Metabolic_
    I guess my prescience was right from my the post I made before. Does anybody agree that this is the case when you ingest carbs before going to bed after an intense workout??
    What Narkissos said is 100% true

<<LMO>>

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks..(for putting it in lamens terms) good post brutha...makes sense to me!
    Thanks dude.. just trying to help out, using personal experience.

I'm no Swole Cat yet tho...

Thanks dude.. just trying to help out, using personal experience.

I'm no Swole Cat yet tho...
    Thank-god.... that's all we need.. another 'SC' name around here..

I know less than you bro.. we're all at different stages....

"no it wont make you gain more fat because you are sleeping" (qouted by pimp juice)
    hey bro..i have no intention of argueing or anything like that...i'm just trying to help out..and give my 2 cents..i take this as a discussion..not an arguement..and yes..you definitely will not put on fat when you injest carbs after your workout..but..it's better to have them in the "window of opportunity"..they are more readily absorbed by the depleted body...and my saying "try eating 3 or 4 potatoes before bed", it is just to state my stand that eating carbs..WITHOUT WORKING OUT(just an example) 'beforebed'..will deifinitely make one fat...just to state my point that "no it wont make you gain more fat because you are sleeping" does not happen..and i hope you have a nice day..i'm easy on the flame..but..i hope it doesn't happen again..=)

drop it dude, this has been argued all day long.

ok fine...but hell..stop your flame..i'm trying to be nice here dude..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information