Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    stabmaster is offline Banned
    Back to the original theory that insulin stores fat: fatty acids are stored by passive diffusion, not by insulin, so insulin inhibits lypolysis but does not necessarily increase storage.

Is lipolysis the rate limiting step in losing weight/burning fat/metabolic rate/partitoining?

The answer is NO.

Metabolic: what does carb sensitive mean?

JT2k: there is no right answer. I base my diet around what I consider to be ideal foods. When you get it, you get it. It is applied in a depressingly simple macronutrient profile, I'm sorry to say. Almost like you should ask your grandmother how to eat.

Metabolic_ is offline Junior Member
    By carb sensitive i mean that someone eating X amount of carbs will more more likely store fat , opposed to someone else who eats the same amount of carbs but doesnt get fat due to a fast metabolism.....I think thats what it sorta means, I ve seen it mentioned around the board several times

Metabolic_ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stabmaster
    Back to the original theory that insulin stores fat: fatty acids are stored by passive diffusion, not by insulin, so insulin inhibits lypolysis but does not necessarily increase storage.

interesting...didnt catch that right away the first time I read, but that may explain why eating carbs after cardio is not recommended. Fatty acids stored via passive diffusion does also make more sense than what I had first thought....
    Last edited by Metabolic_; 07-28-2004 at 01:02 AM.

stabmaster is offline Banned
    I think that the term good partitioning should be used interchangeably with fast metabolism.

Glucose senitive should be just a really pitiful way of saying slow metabolism. This is the metabolism of someone who appears biochemically prediabetic. The problem is not solved by eating less glucose than the next guy, though. The glucose sensitive will have high triacylglycerides in his blood. TAG inhibits IDH (insulin degredation hormone). What happens? Everything happens. Serum insulin is elevated (inhibiting lypolysis, which is not always important), the glucose is not easily disposed of and the glucose sensitive will spend more of his day in hyperglycemia. Connect the dots back to the pendulum here. Glucose sensitive=slow metabolism.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information