Thread: Help with Diet

cmdace18 is offline Junior Member

Help with Diet

Hey guys -

I want to cut up - turn that fat mass into lean muscle - I'm 209, 19% body fat - 169lbs lean muscle - 40lbs fat mass

What do you guys think of these #s for my diet

2700 calories
    107 g fat
    283g carbs
    190g protien

its breaks down to approz 25% protien, 40% carbs and 35% fat

If you need my actual diet, i can post it - i eat 6x a day - I'm on a 5 day rotation (hour 15 a day) with cardio 4x a week -

thanks

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    look at the cutting sticky, then post your actual proposed diet, then the bros on here will assist you in determining a proper diet. but for starters you have too much carbs and too little protein.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    look at the cutting sticky, then post your actual proposed diet, then the bros on here will assist you in determining a proper diet. but for starters you have too much carbs and too little protein.
    Yeah, read those stickies, that's horrid actually.

In addition, you can't turn fat INTO muscle. If you meant replace fat w/lean muscle tissue, then you'll REALLY want to read the cutting sticky, as that won't get you 2 feet into the journey that is to be.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    as that won't get you 2 feet into the journey that is to be.

~SC~
    that sounds so poetic swole, and so profound

that sounds so poetic swole, and so profound

LOL!!!!!

~SC~

a trainer at the gym set this up for me - its an apex diet - she tested my body fat, and weighed me, etc - and used the foods i liked and inputed it into the program - so who do i believe!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by cmdace18
    a trainer at the gym set this up for me - its an apex diet - she tested my body fat, and weighed me, etc - and used the foods i liked and inputed it into the program - so who do i believe!! haha
    whoever you want....

does your trainer look like swole

not to **** on trainers, but you should see some of the ones at my gym...i would personally never take advice from those fat, out of shape, malnutritioned wannabes

What is this supposed to mean? If you are saying you believe HER and not us, that is perfectly fine, I could give two shakes of a rat's a$$ less. I know how I look, and my diet is dialed in like no other, no issues here you're the one hunting for answers.

However, if you are going to RIDICULE and LAUGH at the fact that you THINK our advice is no good, I'll personally show you the door.

That attitude is not acceptable here, and you will be watched.

~SC~

i'm just confused because ive been getting advice from tons of people - everyone's is different. the cutting sticky doesnt fill you in on calories .. for my bodyweight and BF (209, 19%) what percentages should i be intaking on calories, fat, carbs and protien?

and i wasnt laughing at your advice, i was laughing because i have so many opinions on dieting and cutting - there was a reason why i came to this forum, and that is because you guys know what youre talking about, wanted your viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    What is this supposed to mean? If you are saying you believe HER and not us, that is perfectly fine, I could give two shakes of a rat's a$$ less. I know how I look, and my diet is dialed in like no other, no issues here you're the one hunting for answers.

However, if you are going to RIDICULE and LAUGH at the fact that you THINK our advice is no good, I'll personally show you the door.

That attitude is not acceptable here, and you will be watched.

~SC~
    WOOHOO

i'm just confused because ive been getting advice from tons of people - everyone's is different. the cutting sticky doesnt fill you in on calories .. for my bodyweight and BF (209, 19%) what percentages should i be intaking on calories, fat, carbs and protien?
    The Harris-Benedict Formula
    I know you are new bro, but so am i. i just did a search for BMR. use the search tool, it works

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    Here's the formula. Take your weight in pounds, and multiply by 11 to get your basic calorie needs. Multiply that number by 0.2 if you don't exercise, 0.3 for light exercise, 0.4 for moderate, or 0.5 for intense exercise. Now, add this number to your basic calorie number and you get your daily calorie needs. Subtract 500 from the total if you're attempting to lose weight. On average, if you drop 500 calories a day, you will lose over a pound a week.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    WOOHOO

What is your problem???

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    What is your problem???

<<LMO>>
    dont have one...whats yours???

Quote Originally Posted by doctorcc
    Here's the formula. Take your weight in pounds, and multiply by 11 to get your basic calorie needs. Multiply that number by 0.2 if you don't exercise, 0.3 for light exercise, 0.4 for moderate, or 0.5 for intense exercise. Now, add this number to your basic calorie number and you get your daily calorie needs. Subtract 500 from the total if you're attempting to lose weight. On average, if you drop 500 calories a day, you will lose over a pound a week.
    209 x 11 = 2299 x .4 (mod) = 919 = 3300 - 500 = 2700

2700 is what i am down for now ... makes sense buddy

dont have one...whats yours???

Was your comment maching Swole or were you saying WooHoo cause he will be watched? Clarify and I will drop this one....

<<LMO>>

Was your comment maching Swole or were you saying WooHoo cause he will be watched? Clarify and I will drop this one....

<<LMO>>
    you should drop it because now you have noticed you started this whole thing, AND you were wrong in starting it. i was not maching swole, nore will i ever. HE is the all mighty diet forum bro.

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    thats mocking......and it does sound like ur mocking swole.

you should drop it because now you have noticed you started this whole thing, AND you were wrong in starting it. i was not maching swole, nore will i ever. HE is the all mighty diet forum bro.

I said I WILL DROP THIS ONE...... not the others. I didn't start $hit, look at your post and tell me it doesn't sound like you are mocking SwoleCat? And way to kiss up by the way

<<LMO>>

I said I WILL DROP THIS ONE...... not the others. I didn't start $hit, look at your post and tell me it doesn't sound like you are mocking SwoleCat? And way to kiss up by the way

<<LMO>>
    hahahha knew you would say i was kissing his azz, but im not, i was going to add somthin else on the end, but i didnt cause your little feelings would get hurt

Oh, since you've got back on the topic, why dont you show me where my advise is so WRONG. since i have been flooding the diet forum with WRONG answers and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by XL721
    thats mocking......and it does sound like ur mocking swole.
    I agree with the diet regs, but i dont think pimp was mocking swole. i mean he isnt god but he is in this forum, i think even pimp recognizes that. i just think pimp should respect those that give good advice other than swole. if LMO called him out unfairly then pimp should just respond in a civil way and cut out all his aggressive sh!t. like it or not, LMO and many others here know a lot more than you do pimp. Making the bros that are respected not like you is pretty stupid sense we are here to learn and share knowledge, not try to make others feel stupid.

he did call me out unfairly, i wasnt mocking swole i was mearly trying to say stab was wrong. yeah they know more than me, but im not going to put up with people saying im wrong and talking down to me when i am not wrong.

he did call me out unfairly, i wasnt mocking swole i was mearly trying to say stab was wrong. yeah they know more than me, but im not going to put up with people saying im wrong and talking down to me when i am not wrong.

I am not talking down to you first off.....we are all peers here. Secondly, I posted in the other thread wrong advice you have given. I am not going to repost it, go read the other thread if you wish to continue this debate.

And I agree with CutMeUp, if I called him out unfairly (which his post looks mocking and he has been flaming people) then he could have simply said I was not mocking Swole and that would have ended this.

<<LMO>>

hey guys - who cares about who said what ... im tryin to get some help

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Okay children... do we not realize that this is the internet? Acting like a tough guy will only enlarge your cyber penis/ego and wont make you any smarter or tolerant to other peoples view... so instead of bickering like 7 year olds about who really has the cooties... get your behind to a gym and god forbid lift a weight.. Pimp juice ever post I read of yours your either flaming or defending yourself... does that tell you anything? Maybe you come across just a bit too aggressive... If you disagree with someone, do it in an orderly fashion instead of name calling... We’re all here to learn and grow together not to swing your e-dick...

bro, we told you to post a revised diet

still waiting...

I am not talking down to you first off.....we are all peers here. Secondly, I posted in the other thread wrong advice you have given. I am not going to repost it, go read the other thread if you wish to continue this debate.

And I agree with CutMeUp, if I called him out unfairly (which his post looks mocking and he has been flaming people) then he could have simply said I was not mocking Swole and that would have ended this.

<<LMO>>
    i did simply say it, read it. yes you did post it and i dont know why. i admited i was wrong about putting freekin olive oil in pasta for ppwo. i didnt ask you to post it here did i?

bro, we told you to post a revised diet

still waiting...

in the week that you been here you must have posted AT lease 100 times.. where do you find the time..?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    in the week that you been here you must have posted AT lease 100 times.. where do you find the time..?
    It keeps me sane....

i work for my moms friend and i sit in a room by myself, doing nothing allday long, for 8 hours a day This keeps me from hanging myself in the bathroom

and i like you so much elliot...i just want you to talk to me

It keeps me sane....

i work for my moms friend and i sit in a room by myself, doing nothing allday long, for 8 hours a day This keeps me from hanging myself in the bathroom

you sure you have nothing to do with the world of strippers and adult sites..?

you sure you have nothing to do with the world of strippers and adult sites..?
    hmmmmmm....

maybe thats why there are always naked people walking around the office

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Drama is not for the diet forum. Sorry cmdace18 for your thread coming to this. Post a new revised question, and start a fresh thread. Cool? thx

mikeh is offline New Member
    Gezzz let's save you some time and wasted effort
    your first diet looks like a mass diet.

Did you read the sticky ?

The example is:

P: 300x4=1200
    C: 130x4=520
    F: 50x9=450
    T: =2170 (10 times your body weight)

Bump your cardio to 6 times and that's a pretty good start....

By the way Swole is the man
    Last edited by mikeh; 07-27-2004 at 12:20 PM.

Thread Information