Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

Ok diet guru's what will happen on this...

Ok I'm looking to lose lots of fat quick really quick. I'm 5'8 and weigh 195 BF is probably somewhere around 25%. I'm doing am cardio for an hour and then my workout later on in the day with about 45 mins of pm cardio. Heres my diet that I had made up for me (by a place) tell me what you think. Remember my goal is to lose fat really quick, but I would like to mantain muscle. If I have to suffer some muslce loss to drop fat really quick so be it.
    Heres my diet

9am: AM Cardio

10:30am: 4 Eggs(1 whole), 4 oz of turkey, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

1:00pm: 4 oz of grilled chicken and a grapefruit

4:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken, 1 cup of mix vegies, 3/4 cup of rice

7:00pm: 4 oz of grilled chicken and a grapefruit

8:00pm: Workout

10:00pm: 10 oz of grilled chicken, 1 cup of vegies

Total comes out to 2400 calories I don't know how much protien, fats or carbs. Tell me if you think its good for what I want to do or where I should adjust it.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    diet looks shytty IMO. . check out the cutting sticky bro

I already read it and thats why I posted it up cause I had the feeling it wasn't good. It was setup by some place and after reading a lot of peoples diets and little things you guys post I wanted to get on the right track and build a better one.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Youll need a post workout shake, for shizz. Blaze a 40g pro/ 40g malto/ 40g dex right after your workout. Then a post post workout meal. No carbs before bed if you want more fat loss.

Metabolic_ is offline Junior Member
    Definetly read the Cutting Sticky! your diet needs tons of improvement--you have no EFA's, PWO, PPWO meal ect...your not gonna lose fat really quick and keep muscle, it just doesnt work that way
    Last edited by Metabolic_; 07-30-2004 at 12:56 AM.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    IN bold..

Quote Originally Posted by Shrad6
    Ok I'm looking to lose lots of fat quick really quick. I'm 5'8 and weigh 195 BF is probably somewhere around 25%. I'm doing am cardio for an hour and then my workout later on in the day with about 45 mins of pm cardio. Heres my diet that I had made up for me (by a place) tell me what you think. Remember my goal is to lose fat really quick, but I would like to mantain muscle. If I have to suffer some muslce loss to drop fat really quick so be it.
    Heres my diet

9am: AM Cardio

10:30am: 4 Eggs(1 whole), 4 oz of turkey, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Drop the oatmeal might want to throw in another whole egg..

1:00pm: 4 oz of grilled chicken and a grapefruit

might want to add at lease 2 more oz's of chicken get rid of the fruit and add some nuts/flax or olive oil..

4:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken, 1 cup of mix vegies, 3/4 cup of rice

Move to your meal after your pwo shake.. drop the veggies due to fiber slowing down digestion..

7:00pm: 4 oz of grilled chicken and a grapefruit

might want to add at lease 2 more oz's of chicken get rid of the fruit and add some nuts/flax or olive oil..

8:00pm: Workout

You need a shake pro/dex 1:2 ratio..

10:00pm: 10 oz of grilled chicken, 1 cup of vegies

this should be your last meal add some EFA's and you good..

Total comes out to 2400 calories I don't know how much protien, fats or carbs. Tell me if you think its good for what I want to do or where I should adjust it.

It's hard to belive that all that comes out to 2400 cals.. remember fat = 9 carb/pro = 4... rethink your approch and come back..

the most important thing is that you understand what your doing and why it works or doesnt work thus in the later on you can adjusted with out a problem..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrad6
    If I have to suffer some muslce loss to drop fat really quick so be it.
    With that dietary approach, lack of pwo nutrition, mixing of aerobic/anaerobic activity (especially WITH the lack of adequate nutrition), shock to the CNS, etc., muscle loss is about the first thing that you will notice.

Slow and steady wins the race. Trying to lose fat as fast as you can, and even being okay with losing some muscle, is the entirely wrong frame of mind. Say you do crash diet, lose some fat, and a LOT of muscle. Once you go back to eating normally again, or not working out/doing cardio as much, KABOOM...........u blow up like the World Trade Center.

~SC~

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    u blow up like the World Trade Center.

~SC~

people are so impatient, they have no problem spending 5 or 10 years becoming fat@ass's but then wont allow due diligence to lose the weight! News flash, if it took you 10 years to put the fat on, dont expect it to jump off you in a couple of months!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp

people are so impatient, they have no problem spending 5 or 10 years becoming fat@ass's but then wont allow due diligence to lose the weight! News flash, if it took you 10 years to put the fat on, dont expect it to jump off you in a couple of months!!!
    exactly, that is what i have ALWAYS thought. dropping weight in wrestling made me realize that it takes just as long to put on the fat, as it does for it to come off. Just like when someone you know says, "i've ate ****ty all weekend, im gona be 5 lbs heavier when i get home." probably not, but yeah you will probably have gained a pound. takes time to gain, just like it does to lose. You get the picture...yeah?
    Last edited by )(PimP JuicE)(; 07-30-2004 at 09:38 AM.

Yes your right I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT NUTRITION that’s why I'm on here trying to learn about it. Now like I said I didn't setup that diet it was setup for me by some place. I don't know what it comes out to exactly I'm just going by what the place told me. I guess you guys took it the wrong way I don't expect to get ripped in a few weeks I know it takes a lot of time and dedication. I'm way too fat to start bulking or anything like that so that’s why I said my main goal is to lose body fat. I currently don't fit into most of my clothes that why I said I need to lose fat as fast as possible even sacrificing some muscle loss (as little as possible). I know it takes longer to lose fat then it took to gain it, but I also know that you can setup a diet to lose fat quicker then on some other diets.

Swole
    mixing of aerobic/anaerobic activity
    When you said that did you mean it in reference to me doing cardio later on in the day after my workout? Should I drop the cardio after my workout?

I did read the cutting sticky a few times and I've now trashed that diet and working on building one from scratch I'll post it up once I'm done with it. If you guys want to throw some helpful tips go for it.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    They meant seperating your weights (anaerobic) and cardio (aerobic) sessions. Recommendations would be to drop cardio AFTER weights, and do it at another time (preferably morning) if this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    diet looks shytty IMO. . check out the cutting sticky bro
    Don't take this as a Flame. I am aware that his diet is not in accordance to the cutting sticky. I also remember that you said you are pursuing a Dietetic Degree. Being that I work in the Health Field, I would give anything to see your reaction when some of your clients return their Nutritional Analysis and you see the horror!! I am not endorsing his diet, but I would give anything if some of my clients ate that clean. I have literally received, Donuts for breakfast/Pizza for Lunch/Cheeseburgers for dinner. They then wonder why they are not making progress.
    You

I was doing both am(1 hour in my THR) and pm cardio after my workout(45 in my THR). I have no problem dropping the pm cardo.
    Thanks

I would drop it, sometimes you get to the point of diminishing returns.

Thread Information