OSTIE is offline Senior Member

First Bulk, please critique

About to start my first natty bulk in a week or so. Im starting to roughly throw together a diet now. Any help appreciated.

Height: just about 6'3
    Weight: 200lbs

LIFTING DAYS (monday-friday)

M1) 10 egg whites, 1 cup oats

M2) Large can of tuna, 1/4 cup almonds

M3) 50gr protein from either chicken breast or ground venison, 1/4 cup almonds

WORKOUT

PWO/M4) 40gr whey, 80gr dex

M5) 50gr protein from chicken breast, 1 cup oats*
    *i will probably substitute this with equivelant brown rice once I go shopping

M6) 46gr protein from whey, serving of flax oil

Im still considering my options for cardio. It will not be performed on weekends since Ill will be working 12+hr days every weekend once school starts where I deliver furniture. I will have to see how my body reacts.

I would like to get some ideas on whether people think I should change one of the pro/fat meals to a pro/carb one. If so, which meal would be the replacement?

Thanks,

-ost

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    teh diet looks awesome bro. if you are carb sensitive and an easy gainer they leave it as is. But if the case is that your a hard gainer then switch meal 3 to pro/ carb and your golden. Oh and good call on switiching to Rice PPWO, as the fiber in oats slows down the digestion of protein. happy bulking

DCB

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Thanks bro...

Also just wondering what you guys thought on the protein amounts. This roughly should come around 1.5 grams of protein per lb. I keep all my meals around 50-60gr of protein so maybe I should be including another meal???

-ost

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Thanks bro...

Also just wondering what you guys thought on the protein amounts. This roughly should come around 1.5 grams of protein per lb. I keep all my meals around 50-60gr of protein so maybe I should be including another meal???

-ost
    IMO i think you should be fine with that. but if you feel in hinders you then throw in another pro/ fat meal at night

DCB

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    Diet looks good. Like dalcobag said, maybe throw some carb in there in lieu of some fats. Also, I personally like to divide my doses of protein up into slightly smaller amounts like 40 grams becuase I feel like my body can only process so much at one siting. Maybe add and extra meal and lighten the other ones ever so slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchblack
    Diet looks good. Like dalcobag said, maybe throw some carb in there in lieu of some fats. Also, I personally like to divide my doses of protein up into slightly smaller amounts like 40 grams becuase I feel like my body can only process so much at one siting. Maybe add and extra meal and lighten the other ones ever so slightly.
    I thought the average person can digest 50g protein in an hour, just a thought i had. you could be different, i was wondering myself how much protein i could prolly handle. what made you think that you can only handle 40g protein in a serving?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Everyone differs here for sure. Some can utilize only 25 grams or so, while other people may be able to assimilate 60-70 per meal. I diet on 60 a meal, and never have an issue getting ripped.

~SC~

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Is that enough calories to bulk on? Seems kinda light.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    Is that enough calories to bulk on? Seems kinda light.
    he needs to total up his macros to determine the kcals.

its a good clean bulker, he proly wont gain much fat at all.

Thread Information