sooner45 is offline Member

A Question for the guys who work 9-5 business jobs.

Well I plan to enter the "workforce" in a few weeks, and I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys on how you work 9-5 in a "business" atmosophere and are still able to stay on your "diet plans"??? Do you bring ALL your food with you everyday??? Do you bring your protein powder to work with shakers?? Keep some flax in the fridge in the lounge??? How do you do it? Anyway, I'm just curious as to how you guys so it, cause I'll go from being on my "diet" in college, to being on my "diet" working in a business atmosphere. Any ideas??? Thanks Bro's!!!

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    I work for my mom so its easy for me, but my roomate is at work from 830-530 everday. he just takes his chicken breasts, nuts, veggies, whatever he has planned for that days diet. he keeps a 5lb tub of pro powder at work. its really not that hard if you are actually motivated to stick to your diet. good luck with the job and diet

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to work 8 hours schedual varies.. I eat a meal right before getting to work.. one 3 hours later on a "bathroom" break, one druing my lunch hour and one right after i get out... you might get wierd looks taking your bag to the bathroom with you but hey f them what do they know

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    i pack my stuff the night before and eat it at the right time intervals throughout the day. it's really easy. I bring tupperware containers with protein powder.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

easy

each week take a tupperware container with protein powder (so it fits in your desk). this covers protein powder for the week. take your chicken or tuna with you every morning so you can eat it throughout the day. (prepackaged tuna bags from sunkist work great b/c they fit in your desk). i take flax before i go to work and have almond butter throughout the day as my source of fat (which also fits in my desk). make sure they have water available and just drink it constantly at your desk. it's easy, plus i eat fast, so most people don't even know i'm eating every 2-3 hours.

the tough part is having self control when the office orders pizza goes out. if this happens only once week, i use usually use that as my cheat meal during the week. if your office has people who go out everyday, you ahve to find a good way to avoid the temptation.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Rubbermaid makes these containers as part of their "Tak-Along" semi-disposable line that are sports bottles. I have a dozen of them and add a scoop of power to each one. I prepare my meals in advance and bring them in tupperware containers and then brings some baggies of things like almonds that I can snack on during the day. Also its good to have some MRP or protein bars in your desk in case you can't just get up and grab some food when its time to eat. Keep a bottle of water at your desk to sip on durring the day too.

also, i hard-boil eggs in advance to eat as a quick snack or for breakfast if i don't have time to eat before starting work.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

mfenske is offline Member
    If your workplace is anything like mine you'll find that at first people might give you a hard time for eating every couple of hours. They'll get used to it. If you stay there long enough they'll sort of expect you to. Then if you don't eat every couple hours they give you a hard time. Plus, one big perk is with healthy food most of the tankasses we all work with won't bother your meals. Mark

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    i work for a hospital and things can get pretty hectic, but im always able to get my meals in. I have a 5lb tub of pro powder at work and several shakers. I usually prepare my meals the night before and take them to work the next day.It can be done if u want to do it.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XL721
    i work for a hospital and things can get pretty hectic, but im always able to get my meals in. I have a 5lb tub of pro powder at work and several shakers. I usually prepare my meals the night before and take them to work the next day.It can be done if u want to do it.

i work in a level 1 trauma ER.. and i always find time for my meals

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    very easy for me. we have a fridge and microwave in our office and when its time to eat I just grab my stuff. The part I'm worried about is when I go back to school if they'll let me eat my smelly tuna in class

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Expect some grief for eating so many times a day, and NEVER begin going out to lunch with the guys. It can become habit forming and you end up spending your gear money and getting fat. At least thats what I've heard.

Bob Balco is offline Banned
    I find it much easier to stick to a clean diet when i am working. I just simple bring protien /meal replacement bars and eat them throught the day. While staying busy I dont have time to stray from diet.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Balco
    I find it much easier to stick to a clean diet when i am working. I just simple bring protien /meal replacement bars and eat them throught the day. While staying busy I dont have time to stray from diet.
    I agree i work 7 to 4 so i usually get up at 4:30 get in 45min of cardio and then mix up a protien shake with a package of instant oatmeal in the blender with ice and water good smoothie to start the day i bring my meals the rest of the day i usually cook food on sundays and wednesdays. cook enough food for 9 servings get some of those cool rubermade contaners and the rest of my meals are protien shakes or bars

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    It will be easier for you at work. Prepare your meals, take them with ya, and thats all you have to eat. You can't run to a fast food joint like you can on the weekends.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have it easy because i work as a personal trainer, so it is expected that I eat every two to three hours. I usually eat in the ten minute time frame that my clients warm up on a treadmill.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you plan ahead, you can do anything.

~SC~

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    eating every 2 hours is better than taking a smoke break every 2 hours.......
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    eating every 2 hours is better than taking a smoke break every 2 hours.......
    very true, and people always seem to find time for that at any job.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you plan ahead, you can do anything.

~SC~
    Total agreement with ... Planning is the key.I prep my chicken breasts during the weekend. Baking a whole batch and packing them off into containers, each container containing a day's requirement of breasts. I refridgerate em..Cooked breasts keep fresh for 4-7 days (depending on the temprature and method of preparation).Carbs are no problem.

Before i was working somewhere that didn't allow me to eat every 2 hours...My solution was to take 1 solid meal with me (to ingest when i got a lunch break)and 3 liquid meals... wasn't 'fun' but got my protein and carbs in.. Was pretty tasteless too (the shakes were protein powder and oats blended), but served it's purpose.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Yes to all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Well I plan to enter the "workforce" in a few weeks, and I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys on how you work 9-5 in a "business" atmosophere and are still able to stay on your "diet plans"??? Do you bring ALL your food with you everyday??? Do you bring your protein powder to work with shakers?? Keep some flax in the fridge in the lounge??? How do you do it? Anyway, I'm just curious as to how you guys so it, cause I'll go from being on my "diet" in college, to being on my "diet" working in a business atmosphere. Any ideas??? Thanks Bro's!!!
    This is what I do...no problems.

Thread Information