Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

UGHHHH diet cave in

sorry bros had to list it. i justed went grocery shopping, and spent like $300, got 5 boxes of protein bars, all kinds of meats and cheese, cream of wheat, wheat germ, etc...

when i got home, i bought 2 flank steaks rolled up with spinach and provolone(sp)cheese, i baked them, and thought i would save one for lunch!

well i ate a cheez stick while waiting, and about 1/2 cup of almonds, well then i had a nitro-tech bar...
    then i ate BOTH flank steaks, which totaled out to 1.2 pounds of beef

that's a ****load of food to have at 11pm huh?

guess 2morrow morn its 1 1/2hr cardio at 7, not 1hr

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    what do u plan on doing with the protein bars?? they might be good for building like a walk way or something

dcb

???

what's bad about the protein bars???
    they're nitro-tech carb control..only have .8grams net carbs, and 25 protein with 10 fat....thats good if i can't get my hands on a real meal if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    what's bad about the protein bars???
    they're nitro-tech carb control..only have .8grams net carbs, and 25 protein with 10 fat....thats good if i can't get my hands on a real meal if you ask me!
    that 10 grams of fat is like 90% TFA. .gag, just drink a shake if you wants a snake or get some jerkey err somethin

DCB

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Protein bars = CRAP

Bring some almonds in a bag with you where you are and the same with a little protein powder & your shaker. Then just buy/bring a water bottle and your set. Perfect pro/fat meal

<<LMO>>

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    hi homogays

update

these protein bars have a whopping 0 trans fatty acids , and i was incorrect, there are only 4g fat per bar, 2 being saturated! so therefore i would think having 1 of these bars which also has creatine, glutamine and other aminos, and some almonds would not be a bad substitute pro/fat meal in a clutch?

1bar
    190cals
    4gfat
    0trans fat
    2sat fat
    .8carb
    25gprotein
    1.8g creatine

i was surprised at how much better i thought they were than say.....atkins

these protein bars have a whopping 0 trans fatty acids , and i was incorrect, there are only 4g fat per bar, 2 being saturated! so therefore i would think having 1 of these bars which also has creatine, glutamine and other aminos, and some almonds would not be a bad substitute pro/fat meal in a clutch?

1bar
    190cals
    4gfat
    0trans fat
    2sat fat
    .8carb
    25gprotein
    1.8g creatine

i was surprised at how much better i thought they were than say.....atkins

Believe what you want..... they all have hidden sugars. Eat them and tel us how fast you lose fat.

<<LMO>>

i'm not saying you guys are wrong, i just dont think these bars are all that bad. .8g net carbs, even if that .8 was all sugar, its not much... with 4 fat, no trans fat??? i would think that sounds pretty good to me, but again, i guess i could be wrong

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I know bars are the last thing you need for cutting but are they good for bulking?

i'm not saying you guys are wrong, i just dont think these bars are all that bad. .8g net carbs, even if that .8 was all sugar, its not much... with 4 fat, no trans fat??? i would think that sounds pretty good to me, but again, i guess i could be wrong

Do you understand what net carbs means? That means it has more carbs than that but they subtract out sugar alcohols or whatever else they may use as a sweetener. And that number has been found to be a lie many times, they all have hidden sugars not listed. but like I said do as you wish and post back with your results.

<<LMO>>

this ****in blows ***hole, i just bought $70 in bars all together. i thought these were the **** because they had no trans fat, and only .8carbs, i've never seen a protein bar that healthy, but i guess i'm ****in stuck with these things now....

this ****in blows asshole
    you better edit that if you were refering to one of these guys

is it that hard to return them?
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 07-29-2004 at 10:20 PM.

yes, i already opened the boxes.... GUUHHUHGUGH GOD DAMMIT

i guess i'll just save them until i start bulking in a month, then they should be decent!

yes, i already opened the boxes.... GUUHHUHGUGH GOD DAMMIT

i guess i'll just save them until i start bulking in a month, then they should be decent!
    what a stressful life you lead

are they really that bad for cutting?

i know i'm a pain in the ass, i'm just persistent, it thought i was getting a sick deal, which i did for the bars, but if they suck for you then theres no point huh

i know i'm a pain in the ass, i'm just persistent, it thought i was getting a sick deal, which i did for the bars, but if they suck for you then theres no point huh
    I've heard they're one of the worst things for cutting acually.

"sigh"

slizzut is offline Senior Member

I would only eat a protein bar if i had ABSOLUTELY no other way of getting my protein in

ok i got it

oh well, i'll bite it. the bars are out for cutting. nwo would they be ok for bulking if i was trying to stay somewhat clean..i.e. if i had no other easy source of food, and needed some macros, could i have 1 say eod?

Metabolic_ is offline Junior Member
    Eh its not a total waste, I would just use them very sparingly if you do bulk, but do stay away from them while cutting

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Whatever melts your butter. mmmmmm butter. Confound this cutting diet.

alright

thanks for the input bros!, guess i was hoping this strawberry cheesecake bars would be me mid-afternoon meal for a few days to keep me sane, guess i was wrong. Chicken breast and almonds it is!!!!!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Here we go again with this hidden sugars thing.. Guys i think we shouldnt eat beef it also might have hidden sugars.. I know thoes weasles at the FDA been taking money form the USDA not to list the 30 grams of sugar in a steak.. I say we all start eating tofu and soya beans..

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Bars are not that bad....sure there could be hidden numbers but I had no problem cutting down the weight. I only ate two per day at the most though. I liked having them and ate them whenever I was hungry to keep me from eating something worse.............if it was low carb that's all that mattered to me.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd worry more about the quality/actual amount of protein that's in ANY bar.

One bar never "fills" my requirement for a MEAL, so to see me eating two bars to satisfy that is ridiculous. Spend like $5 on two bars for some inaccurate sub-par nutrition that'll most likely give me the screamin' sh*ts from all the sugar alcohols/malitol ingested.

No thanks.

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Here we go again with this hidden sugars thing.. Guys i think we shouldnt eat beef it also might have hidden sugars.. I know thoes weasles at the FDA been taking money form the USDA not to list the 30 grams of sugar in a steak.. I say we all start eating tofu and soya beans..
    Are you seriously suggesting that labels on bars are accurate? You do know that many bars were tested to HAVE hidden sugars, right? I don't have the study, no, but I know that I can ask around and have the study in a day or so once people that know what I am talking about can help me make reference.

I know you know this.........

~SC~

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    I agree...

However, isnt it suspicious that they put "net carbs" instead of "total carbs"? why subtract out the alcohol sugars and fiber? why not just label it like most everything else?

that being said, eat the d@mn bars, they wont make you fat. probably arent ideal, but who the heck eats "perfect" anyway. good luck and stop eating the philly's.

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    I agree...

However, isnt it suspicious that they put "net carbs" instead of "total carbs"? why subtract out the alcohol sugars and fiber? why not just label it like most everything else?

that being said, eat the d@mn bars, they wont make you fat. probably arent ideal, but who the heck eats "perfect" anyway. good luck and stop eating the philly's.
    alot of us eat perfect. and bars will make you fat, they are horrible. I found that out the hard way LOOOOONG b4 i began my studies on nutrition.

DCB

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    alot of us eat perfect. and bars will make you fat, they are horrible. I found that out the hard way LOOOOONG b4 i began my studies on nutrition.

DCB
    Ok, i dont doubt that alot of you eat very well, but there is no perfect bc there are too many different philosophies on what a proper diet would consist of, therefore than can be no perfect. Also, im sure it wasnt only the bars that made you fat. I saw that you said you were pretty overweight before you got your diet in order, but im sure there were a lot of other factors, and cant be singled down to protein bars. I'm not saying they are "ideal" but if you are talking about sugar alcohols and fiber that your body wont use then who cares if that there are "hidden carbs". Sure they will give you liquid ****, but if you dont mind that then whats the big deal. Im not saying supplement bars for shakes or for proper meals, but if someone wants to eat a bar with lunch, then there is no need to be paranoid and think there is a big conspiracy with the FDA.

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    Ok, i dont doubt that alot of you eat very well, but there is no perfect bc there are too many different philosophies on what a proper diet would consist of, therefore than can be no perfect. Also, im sure it wasnt only the bars that made you fat. I saw that you said you were pretty overweight before you got your diet in order, but im sure there were a lot of other factors, and cant be singled down to protein bars. I'm not saying they are "ideal" but if you are talking about sugar alcohols and fiber that your body wont use then who cares if that there are "hidden carbs". Sure they will give you liquid ****, but if you dont mind that then whats the big deal. Im not saying supplement bars for shakes or for proper meals, but if someone wants to eat a bar with lunch, then there is no need to be paranoid and think there is a big conspiracy with the FDA.
    PLAIN AND SIMPLE.. BARS ARE BAD FOR YOU. JUst eat a fvcking snickers if you want a candy bar. they are easy to avoid, if your in a rush stop at a gas station and get some jerkey and almonds ****

DCB

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/pr...view-guide.htm

my appologies.. They still have the number cals they listed except they miss labled where they come from..

lol

hijack my thread and start arguing about it. jeez i'm the one that dropped almost a hundred $ on them, but fvck it, i just accepted it. oh well, learned from the mistake. maybe i'll have one occasionally on a cheat day, or when bulking... they last until like 2006 so i think i might eat all of them by then at this rate

I still stand by my words that protein bars are not the devil like dalco makes them out to be..

I still stand by my words that protein bars are not the devil like dalco makes them out to be..
    THEY ARE SO THE DEVIL
    BLASPHAMY!!!!

DCB

THEY ARE SO THE DEVIL
    BLASPHAMY!!!!

DCB

it beats shoving a snickers down... i dont use bars only when its the last resort.. IE: 4:30 am lunch breaks..

it beats shoving a snickers down... i dont use bars only when its the last resort.. IE: 4:30 am lunch breaks..
    snickers are good, on lee preist DVD he eats a garbage bag full of them

DCB

snickers are good, on lee preist DVD he eats a garbage bag full of them

DCB

snickers taste like as$!@#!@#$ i havnt had one in over 5 years..

well

that's when i was talkin about eating the bars, like my 4:00 lunch break, etc. just shove one down when nothing else is accesible. btw, i think snickers might affect me a little different than lee!

that's when i was talkin about eating the bars, like my 4:00 lunch break, etc. just shove one down when nothing else is accesible. btw, i think snickers might affect me a little different than lee!
    no way dude, as long as you take nitro-tech and myoplex you'll be fine

DCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information