thecoachman is offline Associate Member

Carb craving....

I once read, in an old thread, that there was a suppliment or herb or something that would help relieve the cravings for carbos.

Does anyone know what that would be??

I think I read it in an old DNP thread but I can't find it again....

thanks for the help...

FYI

I am doing a 4 days no carbs and a day or day and 1/2 w/ carb loading.

just a FYI....

thanks

'coach

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Yeah I remeber that

Yeah I rememeber posting something about that sometime ago. Your body will crave complex carbs to achieve that fullness feeling and it will need them for energy and glycogean production. Like wise your brain will put out certain impulses when it has been subjected to sugar cravings. Sugar provide a instance post and insulin spike which over time can produce certain chemicals to go hay wire so to speak. I have heard TNT mention a type of gylocean gum(sp?) that is out in the drug stores for diebetics. It will curb these cravings somewhat and help you get past them.
    IC

thanks

I will do a search now on it....

thanks for the info...

Anything will help me. I need my carbs!

thanks

'coach

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Here it is bro.
    Let me start by saying that these are not my words. They are from a post TNT made to ann. I just copied his post and pasted it here.
    Tobey

Originally posted by TNT....

As for the symptoms: Head for any drug store and pick up a couple packs of glucose tablets. Avoid the B-D brand (price ise they're a rip-off, and they're in soft packaging which tends to get crushed in pockets, purses, gym bags, and book bags) - go with the kind that comes in a hard plastic case and costs about $1.50 or thereabouts. You can find tham at Wal-Mart (pharmacy dept.) as most other drug stores.

Glucose tablets are designed specifically for diabetics who go into hypoglycemia. They are flavored (usually orange or grape) and chewable, and each one has about 4 gm. of quick-acting sugar, supposedly more effective than orange juice when you've gone hypo. Eating two-to-four of them should do the trick, but eat them as you feel the symptoms coming on - don't wait until you feel zonked.

I couldn't find the gum but I did find a carb stopper from Metabolife.

I think the Glucose tabs sounds more legit and less expensive that anything Metabolife makes.....

thanks again guys
    I am stopping tom. morning to get those tabs...

late
    'coach

Thread Information