caseylee is offline Junior Member

healthy fast food ? is there any

ok im on the go alot and looking for ways to drop pounds ... i have been taking in 1-2 shakes a day ... also im taking xenadrine right not (i like it), and don't find myself eating 5-7 times a day ... so my normal diet is 1-2 shakes a day, and something healthy for dinner and when i can i like to get in a can or 2 of tuna with some limon on it ... but that leaves me short a few meals and when im on the go it s hard ... just looking for ideas as to were i can stop or is there a quick snack i can grab, (that s y i like tuna grab and go), also beef jerky works good. does anyone have anyother idea s, ive also heard that intake sould look something like this 70% protein, 20% carbs, 10% fat. how s that look to u guys, but while im on here what is this a % of ? thanks again ive learned a ton from this board !!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Yes and no. There are choices you can make at fast food chains that can be realitivly healthy, but they are no substitute for home cooked food. For example, any of the grilled chicken sandwiches (McDonalds, BK, Wendy's Subway) are decent as long as you ditch the mayonaise (and cheese in Subways case). Choose water instead of soda...even diet soda is NOT a good bobubuilding food and order a garden salad with light dressing. If you want to cut the fat in half...mix have the dressing with water and use that instead. The key is to use your head. Nothing fried, nothing breaded and nothing with sauces or ketchup...key words are grilled or baked.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Right on top of it petey.

If you have to eat somewhere elso go to subway, blimpie and something this type. No McDonalds. Forget about the cheese like Petey sayd and remember that water is the best drink out there.

Salt and sugar big Dies. I try to stay away...especially when I'm dieting.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Gosh....food seems soooo bland while dieting....

You can get the grilled chicken sandwiches at McD's, no mayo and drop the bread, just eat the chicken.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    SUBWAY

just ask jered or clay henry

caseylee is offline Junior Member
    were s the protein in subway ... and what about that whole 70, 20, 10, % thing ... help a brother out

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    don't forget good ole boston market

jersey juice is offline Member
    Most fast food places have some kind of salads with meat in them available. Get that and water.

Ironweb is offline Member
    A & W tender roast sandwinch is the best one I have bought. No mayo and it is a real chicken breast not a processed.

lil_josh is offline Junior Member

ketchup

yah, ketchup is all high fructose corn sysirup(tomato paste)

Mustard actually tastes great on chicken or turkey. Annie....I cheat a little and eat the buns as well (I substitute mustard for mayo) but I do eat the buns. Mmmmmm........I especially like womens buns....whoops...wrong forum

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Great replies to this question INHO. You can eat something at almost any fast food place if you make a special request. I sometime go to the Burger King and have them hold the pickle and the lettuce cause special orders dont upset us. Really, if you have them hold the bun, the ketchup and the secret sauce, its not too bad - kinda high in fat, but within the acceptable range for most. You can do the same with thier broiled chicken to reduce the fat you would take in. Most FF joints will cater to special requests. And as dane26 said, at the Boston Market you need only skip the dessert to stay within your goals.

To address the problem someone was talking about with ketchup: salt in it is high, but not nearly as detromental as the high sugar content. You would do as well pouring molases over your food.

superbeast is offline Member
    Wendys

Grilled chicken sandwich
    plain baked potato
    salad
    and a Frosty...j/k

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    What about wendys chilli ?

gota love the guy who orders 5 cheeseburgers and a diet coke and calls it a diet .

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    Can I say, Chick Fil A!
    Grilled chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Salads. Best fast food possible IMO.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I was waiting for chick fil A to be announced as the front runner. I have yet to try it, but i member a thread a while back that PTBY and someone else was pimpin it.

Petey....you skank you... Bert did you read what he wrote ?!?!

Thread Information