Thread: Bulk protien?

Nickster#1 is offline Banned

Bulk protien?

What can I go out and buy in bulk for good protien? LEn beef? Fish? And will protien drinks and powders have the same benifit as say, beef or fish, gram for gram?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Go to Sam's Club. You can buy bulk there. Whole foods will be more beneficial than protein powders.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Go to Sam's Club. You can buy bulk there. Whole foods will be more beneficial than protein powders.

Yup..... definitely go to Sam's Club, Costco, Walmart etc.... and buy in bulk. And whole foods are definitely better than shakes.

<<LMO>>

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Sams club you can get the canned chicken and tuna for a fraction of store prices.

If you are looking for boneless/skinless chicken breasts you can usually get them cheaper at your local grocery store IF you talk to them and find out what day they mark down their chicken to clear out. Normally they have a set day where they have to get rid of meat cause it needs to be frozen or eaten within so many days. I usually stock up on that for next to nothing... just freeze it all till your ready for it.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    Sams club you can get the canned chicken and tuna for a fraction of store prices.

If you are looking for boneless/skinless chicken breasts you can usually get them cheaper at your local grocery store IF you talk to them and find out what day they mark down their chicken to clear out. Normally they have a set day where they have to get rid of meat cause it needs to be frozen or eaten within so many days. I usually stock up on that for next to nothing... just freeze it all till your ready for it.
    I buy from a warehouse store called BJ's (same thing as sams) and i get a 10lb bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts for $21. perhaps i could get it a hair cheaper if i waited for a special at the regular grocery store but that means that you have to just wait for their sale instead of buying on your own schedule. Plus its usually like $9.99 for a 2.5lb bag of chicken at the store, i dont know if you can even beat the warehouse price when they are on special!
    Last edited by CutMeUp; 08-03-2004 at 12:26 PM.

Talk to your butcher at your local grocery store and find out the days they rotate stock. Then you just plan ahead and buy enough until the next day they rotate. I bought Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts for $1.00 per 1.5LB package last week. Freezer is loaded with them, but its a great deal so to me its worth it to plan ahead.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Talk to your butcher at your local grocery store and find out the days they rotate stock. Then you just plan ahead and buy enough until the next day they rotate. I bought Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts for $1.00 per 1.5LB package last week. Freezer is loaded with them, but its a great deal so to me its worth it to plan ahead.
    I might have to try that...i thought i was gettin a deal on $2/lb.

Also, I have found better rates at the larger chains then the smaller grocery store chains. Since they buy in volume and will have to throw the food away in a day or so they just want to try and get something for it.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    WOW!! $1.00 per 1.5lbs. of chicken breast. I will be talking to the butcher at Winco today. Thanks for the heads up, Doby.

Royal_Mako_Rumble is offline Junior Member
    dam chickens dear in America, here in aus we Pay $10 for 20lb of chicken breast!!!

But our AAS is so much dearer`

Thread Information