Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member

Ketosis carbloading.

I am pretty much just eating meat, protein shakes right now. All the carbs I consume is mainly during and after working out. Basically one big gatorade. Will this work for a ketosis diet???? I feel too run down going day after day with 0 carbs.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    well if you have carbs PWO and PPWO then its not really a ketosis diet, but rathger a **** good plan for a nice cutting diet bro

DCB

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    Off topic, but whats a ketosis diet?

Quote Originally Posted by XL721
    Off topic, but whats a ketosis diet?
    a low carb diet (like atkins) where you drop your carbs low enough for your body to go into ketosis. Not a good idea to grow muscle IMO

DCB

See I know its suppose to be 10 carbs and less per day. And a big Gaterade has about 45 carbs. But im not doing a carb loading day at the end of the week like descibed in a ketosis diet outline. This is a sample of my diet

morning protein shake with water 25g of protein
    sausage or bacon and eggs more eggs than meat
    lean hamburger patties 2 or chicken breast both have 40grams of prtotein
    protein shake with water 50g
    lean beef or chicken
    protein shake 50g
    a snack of either low carb yogurt or cheese

I know its not the best diet plan but ive allready stripped 25lbs so far and I still have 15-20 to go and then I be at 230lbs or so. But the progress has slowed here recently.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    A true ketosis diet has 75% fat and 25% protein.

You've meals w/no fat in them, and only protein, so ketosis is not something you'll be experiencing, and not w/downing gatorade each day either.

Progress has slowed because your body won't let go of fat w/out ingestion of more fat.
    Your going to soon be burning lean muscle tissue, so you should think about changing things up. I'm not a proponent of keto type approaches, so I'm the wrong one to advise on how/why/what you should change/do for this type of approach. Just wanted to make it clear that eating just protein and fat is not a keto diet, the fats have to be 3/4 of your daily kcals, and you're not even close.

~SC~

Well do you think my diet would be better if I added high fat foods in them?? Maybe more bacon/milk things like that??

Ok so im not doing a ketosis diet, would this change in my diet make for a good cutting diet. I would rather progress not to come too fast, but still make progress.

Im not even gonna tell you how Ive cut up before.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Well do you think my diet would be better if I added high fat foods in them?? Maybe more bacon/milk things like that??

Ok so im not doing a ketosis diet, would this change in my diet make for a good cutting diet. I would rather progress not to come too fast, but still make progress.

Im not even gonna tell you how Ive cut up before.
    SC doesnt mean to add high fat saturated foods, he means EFA's lke flax seed oil, almonds, natty PB, olive oil ect ect

DCB

I allready take EFA's But im not sure if he means eating 3/4 of my calories from EFA calories????? I have natural peanut butter.

why would you not want as many of your fat calories to be from EFA's?? in my cuttin diet i have and EFA with all 4 of my pro/ fat meals. sat and trans fat are aweful for your health, i would def try to limit them

DCB

That will be hard, but I see what you are saying. So you think it would be better to fry chicken breast in olive oil instead of backing it?? Fish is out of the question!!! So then nuts and natural peanut butter in my shakes from now on. Do you know of any other foods that are high in EFA's??

Ketogenic is offline Banned
    first u r drinking 2 shakes and this is not acceptable in keto diet the only shakesu can take is after your wrokout with 15-20 g dextrose/glucose because the shake will mek an insulin spike,second u should carbup !!!at least do a 12 hours carbup so u can handle the heavy weights during the week or u will begin loosing muscles the third thing i dont see to mush fat in your diet why u r running the lean things eat fried wings,fried tighs eat some bbqued lamp meat fried eggs ,pastrami so according to your diet i think you r out of ketosis u r just running a hight protein/lowcarb/lowfat diet

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    why would you not want as many of your fat calories to be from EFA's?? in my cuttin diet i have and EFA with all 4 of my pro/ fat meals. sat and trans fat are aweful for your health, i would def try to limit them

DCB
    Sorry but I dont agree in full to advocating 4 meals of EFA. I feel that is a total waste if you are not combining both carbs and fats together and have no current insulin spike. Saturated fats actually has some health benefits one being it's impact on testosterone regulation. Here I stole post from Swole that I have always followed to some degree when cutting.

there is nothing wrong with the tuna and real mayo...........I get to 3% bodyfat eating that ****, and cheese........just include some good fats like flax/olive/natural p.b/udo's/avacado, etc at other times, and you're all set!

Don't be scared of fat.......u need fat to let fat go, otherwise you're setting yourself up to lose some muscle there! Your body has no reason to hang on to something it gets enough of. Just watch those carbs with the meals containing fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    That will be hard, but I see what you are saying. So you think it would be better to fry chicken breast in olive oil instead of backing it?? Fish is out of the question!!! So then nuts and natural peanut butter in my shakes from now on. Do you know of any other foods that are high in EFA's??
    dont fry your chicken boob in nething!! just eat your chicken breast plan and then take a tbsp of olive oil, b/c heat kills efa's

DCB

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Sorry but I dont agree in full to advocating 4 meals of EFA. I feel that is a total waste if you are not combining both carbs and fats together and have no current insulin spike. Saturated fats actually has some health benefits one being it's impact on testosterone regulation. Here I stole post from Swole that I have always followed to some degree when cutting.
    what are you talking about dude? I consider full fat mayo a EFA b/c i get the kind made with olive oil. and when i cutting i still get an insulinn spike in PWO and PPWO, so i am confused on what you are saying

DCB

what are you talking about dude? I consider full fat mayo a EFA b/c i get the kind made with olive oil. and when i cutting i still get an insulinn spike in PWO and PPWO, so i am confused on what you are saying

DCB
    the point of the quote was to show that you dont need all four meals of EFA's. SC said he eats lean ground beef for pro/fat meals (not an efa) and ranch, bacon, mayo, whole eggs, etc (all not efa's) my point is that you dont need all 4 meals EFA's because it is overboard. If SC can get to 3% bf eating the above mentioned fats along with 2 meals of EFA's than I think it would be good enough for your goals and mine. Besides if you are consuming your PWO and PPWO as your last two meals (recommended for optimal fat loss) then there will be no insulin spike and fat consumption issue. You will not still have raised insulin levels after 8hrs of sleep and 1hr of cardio.

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    this is beggining to be a nice discussion with plenty of info, keep going guy as im interested in your views.

TrIBOL

I have not really tried to diet like I am now. I mostly used protein shakes and low calorie everything to loose weight before. But I dont like how much muscle I look when I go that route. I have plans on being ripped at the end of this cycle. I ussually didnt care about ABs, I was allways more of a power lifter but im gonna show everyone I can do both. Im doing cardio 30minutes 4 times a week.

Im getting ready to go on a cutting cycle...So muscle sparring wont be an issue. But do you guys think I can continue cutting with the diet outlined above. Trying to eat more EFA rich foods,moderate carbs. And lower than ussual calories.

You can get eggs with EFA's Butter and im sure if I look I can find some other things. I allready take two table spoons of Flax seed oil a day. And I have Flax seeds that I sometimes put in foods.

the point of the quote was to show that you dont need all four meals of EFA's. SC said he eats lean ground beef for pro/fat meals (not an efa) and ranch, bacon, mayo, whole eggs, etc (all not efa's) my point is that you dont need all 4 meals EFA's because it is overboard. If SC can get to 3% bf eating the above mentioned fats along with 2 meals of EFA's than I think it would be good enough for your goals and mine. Besides if you are consuming your PWO and PPWO as your last two meals (recommended for optimal fat loss) then there will be no insulin spike and fat consumption issue. You will not still have raised insulin levels after 8hrs of sleep and 1hr of cardio.
    i was giving MHO. sry, didnt relize everything Swole said we had to do, my bad

DCB

heelhooker is offline New Member
    DCB: which EFA's do you use for each meals? i only use EFA in my 4 pro/fat meals too...

meal 1: almond butter
    meal 2: olive oil
    meal 3: flax
    meal 4: almond butter

..is there any argument for a different combination? more flax? all olive oil? etc. etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by heelhooker
    DCB: which EFA's do you use for each meals? i only use EFA in my 4 pro/fat meals too...

meal 1: almond butter
    meal 2: olive oil
    meal 3: flax
    meal 4: almond butter

..is there any argument for a different combination? more flax? all olive oil? etc. etc.?
    well lets see, today i had

natt pb
    full fat mayo
    olive oil
    flax oil
    olive oil again (with my whey at night)

DCB

rissinite is offline Associate Member
    Swole, I find that I have the most success with Ketosis when my fats and proteins are about 50/50. The only fats I get really are natty pb (2 tblsp./day), swiss cheese, and the occasional dressing or lean steak. I monitor my ketones with Ketostix, and am always in the light purple (medium to high amount of ketones present).

So, in my experience, it's been more advantageous for fat loss if I eat less fat, actually much less fat, than old Dr. Atkins once said was OK.

Ketogenic is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    Swole, I find that I have the most success with Ketosis when my fats and proteins are about 50/50. The only fats I get really are natty pb (2 tblsp./day), swiss cheese, and the occasional dressing or lean steak. I monitor my ketones with Ketostix, and am always in the light purple (medium to high amount of ketones present).

So, in my experience, it's been more advantageous for fat loss if I eat less fat, actually much less fat, than old Dr. Atkins once said was OK.
    well am not like you i enter ketosis quickly when i eat too much saturated fat that come from meat and chicken ,when i replace the saturated fats with olive oil and flax oil i feel nausea and dont know why

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I see what your saying bro. I like to mix it up myself. Plus it keeps food choices a little more open (not much but a little more).

i was giving MHO. sry, didnt relize everything Swole said we had to do, my bad

DCB
    Come on now, don't bring me into this in any negative fashion.

I've enough hate mail already from others "saying" things for me that I never said, or giving a false representation of what I really employ.

You'd swear I had a cult of 40,000 people.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Come on now, don't bring me into this in any negative fashion.

I've enough hate mail already from others "saying" things for me that I never said, or giving a false representation of what I really employ.

You'd swear I had a cult of 40,000 people.

~SC~
    sry swole

as part of your cult, i will now hang a portrait of you above my hutch. .Like they did with Lenon

DCB

LOL, you're crazy bro.

~SC~

LOL, you're crazy bro.

~SC~
    DCB

~SC~
    I hope you didnt think i was giving false representation. I am agreeing with your posts about not needing a diet full of all EFA's. Like I said if you and many others can eat mayo (full of soybean oil) and beef and hit the 3% mark then it should be good enough for anyone else.

Thread Information