KaosRain is offline New Member

Foods low in fat, high in cals?

In about two weeks I plan on going on a diet with maintanance cals, mild carbs, and low to no fat. Can anyone help me come up with ideas as for foods that match this profile--I'm very uncreative in this area. So far I have come up with tuna, and I don't have a lot of desire to eat 20 cans of that every day for a month.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    why would want a diet with no fat in it? just wonderin

DCB

brian11 is offline Member
    I'm on self-probation from responding to posts for awhile, but if I werent i would ask you why you wanted no fats. Then if there was an insufficient answer I would tell you that you need to eat fats in order for your body to let go of fat. But im on probation so I cant say any of that...

longhornDr is offline Member
    He said maintenance so I would assume he isn't trying to lose fat, so there's nothing wrong with a low fat diet.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i would drop them below 60 or 70 or so though but thats me for maintenance. but chicken breast is low in fat, so is turkey, umm theres a bunch just walk through the market and read some labels i dont know what else to tell ya

DCB

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    Complex carbs in moderation are cool, so try adding some tuna salad and a little salsa to some pita bread. I make a smoothy with some fruit and veggies- kicks V8's a**.
    Buy some swiss and cottage cheese, both are low in fat and filling. In fact the best source of protein, besides meat, is cottage cheese. One cup has about as many grams as a small steak. Also containing casein, eating it an hour before a workout is a good way to utilize its muscle building benefits. Next on the list for low fat- high protein, would be soybeans.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Cutting out fats on any dietary approach is not a very wise idea.

~SC~

Thread Information