oespejel is offline Junior Member

postworkout meal

I been using a pre-workout meal instead of the postworkout
    I take the pre workout 45 min before my work out, and its been helping me a lot with my strengh, I drink 50 grms of whey protein, and take a combination ef cell tech with cytomax its about 75 grams of carbs, for my postworkout I just add 50 grms of whey protein.

what do you think about this?

Also, I about to star my cutting stack, this coming monday, im afraid that if i chage my preworkout meal, I will start lossing that extra strengh.

Please let me know what you guys think.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    you need better post workout nutrition. you should get carbs, protein ration of 2:1. The form of the carbs should be dextrose. so for your 50g of tein, you need 100g of carbs. read the sticky at the top for the cutting meal plan i modeled mine after it and it works great. BTW why do you get so many carbs before a workout do you really need that rush of sugar to get through a workout?

it something i read on a magazine, that if you take it before by the time you finish your body absorbs everything better, also the energy that you have during the workout its excellent, and so far i been feeling great doing this.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS BELOW......

Quote Originally Posted by oespejel
    I been using a pre-workout meal instead of the postworkout

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU TAKE SOMETHING NEEDED FOR RECOVERY, AND PUT IT BEFORE THE STIMULUS??

I take the pre workout 45 min before my work out, and its been helping me a lot with my strengh,

THAT'S IN YOUR HEAD. FOR THAT MEAL TO BE BENEFICIAL TO YOU IN THE FORM OF STRENGTH/PUSH/MUSCLE GLYCOGEN, YOU'D HAVE HAD TO CONSUME THIS ABOUT 4-5 HOURS BEFORE YOUR WEIGHT TRAINING SESSION. THE ONLY THING THAT HITS YOUR SYSTEM FOR ENERGY IN THAT SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME WOULD BE STIMULANTS INSTANTLY HITTING THE BLOODSTREAM.

I drink 50 grms of whey protein, and take a combination ef cell tech with cytomax its about 75 grams of carbs, for my postworkout I just add 50 grms of whey protein.

what do you think about this? IT'S LIQUID, SO IT'S FASTER THAN FOOD, BUT IT'S STILL NOT PROVIDING YOUR "ENERGY" KICK. IF IT HELPS MENTALLY, THEN KEEP IT IN, BUT DON'T TAKE IT "OUT" OF THE POST-WORKOUT MEAL. YOU STILL NEED IT. ONE LIQUID MEAL THEN ANOTHER SOLID ONE AFTER THAT IDEALLY.
    ~SC~

it something i read on a magazine, that if you take it before by the time you finish your body absorbs everything better, also the energy that you have during the workout its excellent, and so far i been feeling great doing this.
    You probably read this in a magazine that listed this "information" aka b.s. in order to push the sales of a supplement or supplements.

~SC~

thanks man
    actually i read it in the new musclemag, its an article the name is " Inner strength for the outer muscle " actually they dont use any references for any supplement to use, i just give it a try for a week and i didnt feel so tire after my workout and my strenght was a little bit better.
    if you got a chance to read the article, let me know what you think

thanks man
    actually i read it in the new musclemag, its an article the name is " Inner strength for the outer muscle " actually they dont use any references for any supplement to use, i just give it a try for a week and i didnt feel so tire after my workout and my strenght was a little bit better.
    if you got a chance to read the article, let me know what you think
    No need to read it, as this is an overly-recycled idea that seems to pop up in many periodicals w/a different twist each time, about every 2 months or so.

It remains, to myself anyhow and those I am responsible for assisting, a very silly idea.

~SC~

Thread Information