lew
    lew is offline Junior Member

Help with Cardio/diet structure

I've started back last week after a long lay from gym and cardio! and just wanted to ask a few questions: My aim is more of a tranformation losing fat and trying to gain as much mucle as possible while on reduced calories

Cardio:

last week i went 5 mornings a week at around 60-65% of HR for 45mins, i felt i haven't seen any noticable results, i know its been a week but i im thinking of increasing heart rate to 70-75%. is this acceptable.

Diet:

wanted to know where to add carbs was thinking:

P/F
    P/C
    P/F
    Weights
    P/C
    P/C
    P/F

Idea was having P/C in second meal instead of 1st, hopefully carbs in this meal would fuel my weigh trainning sessions.

What do you guys do???

Thanks for help

Lew

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Some will say you wont feel the effect of eating carbs before a workout all that much, but each person is different and as long as you are losing fat and not muscle your diet structure is fine. Also, the cardio at 75% is fine for you, just make sure you dont push it too hard. You always have to give your body time to adjust to a new diet and training regimen, so upping the cardio right now may not be needed. Wait at least 3-6weeks and if you still dont have results then up the intensity. I know that's a long wait to see something, but it is necessary, plus why do more work if you can do less and still have great results.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS......

Quote Originally Posted by lew

My aim is more of a tranformation losing fat and trying to gain as much mucle as possible while on reduced calories

GOOD LUCK. GAINING LEAN MUSCLE ON REDUCED KCALS SHOULD BE INTERESTING.

Cardio:

last week i went 5 mornings a week at around 60-65% of HR for 45mins, i felt i haven't seen any noticable results, i know its been a week but i im thinking of increasing heart rate to 70-75%. is this acceptable.

YES, BUT YOU MUST GIVE THE ABOVE TIME TO WORK.......WEEKS ON END.

Diet:

wanted to know where to add carbs was thinking:

P/F
    P/C
    P/F
    Weights
    P/C
    P/C
    P/F

Idea was having P/C in second meal instead of 1st, hopefully carbs in this meal would fuel my weigh trainning sessions. YOU'LL HAVE TO SEE. IT USUALLY TAKES A FEW HOURS FOR CARBS TO BE UTILIZED FOR ENERGY IN A WORKOUT, SO YOU MAY BENEFIT MORE FAT LOSS WISE BY TAKING THEM OUT.

What do you guys do???

Thanks for help

REMEMBER, THE MEAL STRUCTURE LOOKS OKAY, BUT THE ACTUAL BREAKDOWN/AMOUNTS OF EACH MEAL HAVE TO BE ON TARGET TOO.

Lew

~SC~

Thread Information