Aggression is offline Member

Confused about GI carbs

I heard you should have low GI carbs in the morning and high GI carbs in your PWO and PPWO meals. Is this true? Is oatmeal a good low GI carb source for breakfast? Is a baked potato a good high GI carb source for a PPWO meal? What about brown rice?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Try a search bro. No offense, but you ask very simple questions and start a new thread w/these simple questions every 10 mins.

It's fine to ask, really, but if you show that you've searched for answers first (in this case you'll pull up more information than you know what to do with) you'll most likely get more responses. Responding to the most basic of inquiries gets old, ESPECIALLY when the answers can be had by doing a search.

Again, not a flame, just trying to help you locate your answers easier.

~SC~

Aggression is offline Member
    Ok Swole, I've done some research and I came to the fact that oatmeal is a slow digesting good low GI carb, so basically that's why it is best to eat oatmeal for breakfast because it takes a while to digest and will give you energy for the day. Is that true?

Also a baked potato is a high GI carb that digest quickly and is best eaten in your PPWO meal (along with a protein such as chicken) to restore the glycogen. Is that true?

Also Swole, I plan on taking 2 tbsp of flax a day. 1 tbsp with my 8:30 am shake and another tbsp with my bedtime shake. Is it ok, or is that too much flax in one day?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    you answered your own questions bro

oatmeal is good in the AM, taters and rice are good PPWO

and no thats not too much flax, its fine

DCB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, that's fine.

Great job on the research!

~SC~

Thread Information