Aggression is offline Member

Pro Blend 55 at night?

Would Pro Blend 55 be wise to drink at night as my bedtime shake(along with some olive oil)?

I know your supposed to have a casein shake before bed but Pro Blend 55 has both casein and whey.

Check it out:

http://www.mdlabs.com/store/problend...1&categoryId=1

So is it ok?

qccat is offline Associate Member
    wouldnt be alllll bad depending on what you are trying to accomplish. some dont like the carbs. whey and flax cant be beat

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    it is a bit high on the carb side of things (though not too much so i wouldnt worry about the insulin response.) other than that i would say yes it is a good addition. If you really want to get no carbs then whey and flax is best and then when you wake up to pee pop some aminos just to keep the Metabolism running.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That sh*t is garbage. The amount of protein you need to use has one having WAAAY to many carbs in a "protein" shake. Use a cleaner protein powder with a nice healthy fat mixed in, very simple.

~SC~

Aggression is offline Member
    I know it's got 7g of carbs in it but I was wondering if it's ok to take this protein before bed because it's time released.

Swole is this protein ok to take at bedtime or does it not contain enough casein in it?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    just add a fat and you dont have to worry about if its caisen or not

DCB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    I know it's got 7g of carbs in it but I was wondering if it's ok to take this protein before bed because it's time released.

Swole is this protein ok to take at bedtime or does it not contain enough casein in it?
    I save money on all the "time release" garbage. I make two of my own "time release" shakes before bed. One right before bed, and a somewhat smaller one for about 2 a.m. Straight isolate, flax or omega oil, and I'm good to go.

Just as effective as the store shelf hype, and gives a release on my wallet.

~SC~

xenithon is offline Member
    hey SC, one question for ya. I also want to save myself the hassle of a time-released powder and want to use the whey protein I can get regularly and inexpensively. I would have it with something like a tablespoon of flax oil or some natural PB. Is it not advised to use this if ANOTHER whey/flax shake is not taken in in the middle of the night (2-3am)? If it can be only one shake, does it have to be one of those time released blends (combination of casein, egg, whey etc.) or is something like egg protein good enough? This is since straight egg protein is a lot cheaper, and would of course be taken along with the fat to slow digestion

xenithon is offline Member
    forgot to say: thanks for any info (your help is always appreciated )

Thread Information