Thread: my PWO shake

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member

my PWO shake

Ok i know we shouldn't mix our carbs and fats in the same meal...but does this count so much when you are bulking?? Right now i'm taking MHP's UP YOUR MASS and it does mix the carbs and the fats....58g of carbs..only 1 gram is sugar....and 11 grams of fat...all of the ingredients in here are superior they only use low glycemic carbs from barley, oats, and oat fiber...and the fats are all EFA'S...so is this really going to hurt me? it also contains all the proteins supro soy protein isolate, whey concentrate, and casein..i thought that was intresting..what do you guys think??

Aboot is offline Banned
    In a PWO shake you want quick acting carbs, not low glycemic carbs. Also, the protein mix is not ideal. You again want quick digesting protein (whey isolate) not slow release protein (casein). The ideal shake is dextrose and whey isolate, although you probably already read that somewhere on this site.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with Aboot and his reasons why this should not be consumed for PWO.

And if you use this product during other times, it will likely result in an increase in fat stores. The combination of fat and carbs will result in a significant insulin spike which works to clear glucose from your system. Glucose can go two places - muscle or fat. While some individuals (e.g. those chemically enhanced) may be able to use the majority of this in their muscle mass, most of it will likely be stored as fat.

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    thanx for the quick feed-back i just wish i posted before i spent 50$ on this **** anyway...if i use a spoon or two of table sugar for now w/ my whey PWO would this be effective or not recommended?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Not recomended. Get some gatorade powder as a substitute until you get some dextrose.

Thread Information