Aggression is offline Member

Necessary to have carbs in the morning?

Lets say I am trying to cut and am doing cardio 3 days a week in the morning on an empty stomach and than having a pro/fat meal of 5 hardboiled eggs (3 w/yolks, 2 whites). The other 4 days I am NOT doing cardio I have a pro/carb meal of 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 5 hardboiled egg whites.

Seeing that I am cutting could I have a pro/fat meal EVERYDAY instead of just the days I'm doing cardio? Basically what I'm asking is, is it necessary to have carbs in the morning?

Second, if I do this, I will only be consuming carbs in my PWO and PPWO. Is that healthy? Am I gonna have enough energy for the day?

And last, if I go this route, would it be wise to have a pro/carb meal at my 10:30 am meal? I workout at 4:30 pm and I know it takes 5-7 hours before carbs kick in for energy, so would this be wise?

My whole diet (with the revised breakfast) can be seen here:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...39#post1186039

Thanks fellas.
    Last edited by Aggression; 08-08-2004 at 09:06 PM.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    dude, your question are getting ridiculous bro. you have asked a question like this several times. you know **** well your cutting wont be great with 3 days a cardio so why are you asking???

DCB

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    no a pro/carb meal is not necessary in the am, this is all based on your personal needs. i dont have one, but some days i feel like i need carbs. listen to your body, if you think you should have them, have them, but if you feel like your body burns fat faster, then dont.

Aggression is offline Member
    Sorry man I'm just trying to learn. OK, lets say I do cardio 5 days a week could you answer these questions than?

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    didn't even realize about the 3 days cardio, dcb your right on top of **** huh?
    yea did i also mention i do 7am 1hr cardio 7days a week, then twice on monday at 6pm, all on either ECA or clen ...i think that justifies my morning oatmeal 1 day a week (i hope, i'm runnin out of energy here)

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    dude, your question are getting ridiculous bro. you have asked a question like this several times. you know **** well your cutting wont be great with 3 days a cardio so why are you asking???

DCB
    you think i can get shredded without cardio? j/k bro

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyZ23
    you think i can get shredded without cardio? j/k bro
    some people can..to seriously answer your sarcastc post bro..like said prevously...everyone is dfferent,you need to listen to your body...hell i went to the olive garden last nite...had the lasagna,chicken parm,fettachino,crab dip and tiramsu...came home to ck out the damage and found nothing but viens throughout my abs..somebody else may have smoothed over from that meal... treat myself once a week like that...because i can.....get it??

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member

Talking

I dropped 30 lbs for a competition in 5 weeks, with NO CARDIO (maybe 5 hours in 5 weeks.. u know CARDIO SUCKS)

Key is low carbs/high protein. I was 214 lbs, 6', 24yr, and came down to 60g carbs/500g protein a day, with no cheat days, and lots of Vit. C and Diuretic teas once a day, for the last two weeks.

No Bread, no simple sugars, no salt (means ur food life sucks), and NEVER MISS a meal, u will get roid rage (I did and i was natural)
    Last edited by Big_BoneZ; 08-12-2004 at 05:28 PM.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Big Bonez could have not said it any better... I am lean and could still stay ripped without cardio....but I feel it does have other health benefits, but as far as dieting it sucks, I tend to go a little insane after 2-3 strict months of nothing bad....but ya gotta do it......

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm curious, how much do you both weigh when you "stay lean" and ripped w/out cardio? What is this ripped weight?

As a competitor myself, I used to try the no cardio/stay lean approach. Not only did I not like the dietary approach, I didn't like missing out on the recovery properties of low-med intensity cardio. Bringing blood to the areas worked, mobilizing any excess fat that would ruin the look, and working my heart of course, as that is the most important muscle of them all!

I find as one who competes at 225-230 now, to be as big/full on stage as I need to be, but come in sharp, I do need cardio. That's only me, others may differ.

~SC~

Thread Information