Thread: Too much fat?

Aggression is offline Member

Too much fat?

I know I've asked a million questions but I have to say I'm addicted to this board. My workouts have been going great and I'm eating and feeling alot better thanks to your guys help.

My question is I'm taking about 7-8 shakes/meals a day. 5 of those are pro/fat meals. I'm taking in about 15 g of fat a pro/fat meal. 3 meals contain flax, 1 steak, and 1 eggs. That comes to about (with other fats) 85 g of fats a day. Most of those are from EFA's. Is that too much fat?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Relative question. Relative in regards to your weight/your entire dietary outline/etc.

I eat way more than that per day if it's any consolation.

~SC~

I'm 24 years old 6' 218 with a little gut that I'm trying to lose. Lifting 4 days a week and walking 5 days a week for 45 min at 4.2 on the treadmill at an incline of 7.

Cardio 5 am

Breakfast 6:15 am
    5 hardboiled eggs (3 w/yolks, 2 whites).
    cup of green tea with splenda and a little milk

Brunch 8:30 am
    Whey protein shake with 1 tbsp of Flax

Lunch 10:30 am
    Turkey sandwich on wheat bread with pepper, fat free cheese and fat free mayo

Snack 1:30
    85 g of albacore tuna with flax

Dinner 3:30 (Pre workout)
    steak with pepper

Post Workout 5:30
    IMMEDIATLY AFTER MY LAST SET
    Whey protein shake (55g of protein, 7 g of carbs) mixed with 110 g of Dextrose

Evening Meal (Post-Post Workout) 6:15 pm
    1 chicken breast with marinade and pepper
    baked potato with pepper

Bedtime meal 8:30 pm
    Pro Blend 55 shake with 1 tbsp of flax
    cup of sleepytime tea with valerian in it

I will also be drinking 2 gallons of water a day

Supps I'm taking include glutamine, creatine, Vit C, mulit v, glucosamine.

Also I heard that if you take glutamine the same time you take your protein shake, its not good becuase they both compete for the same receptors. I also heard the same thing about creatine and glutamine, that you cant take those two together because they compete for the same receptors.

Are either one of these true? What happens if you take those together? Don't some creatines have glutamine in them? Don't alot of protein shakes have glutamine peptides in them?

I dont get it.
    Last edited by Aggression; 08-08-2004 at 10:53 PM.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    your first meal needs more protein. . your "lunch" is just a horrible meal IMO

DCB

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    your first meal needs more protein. . your "lunch" is just a horrible meal IMO

DCB
    why is that? besides the fat free stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    why is that? besides the fat free stuff?
    pro not enough protein in the turkey. . not a single fat too speak off. . .wheat bread is garbage. . .and its loaded with sugras from the "fat free" crap

DCB

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    pro not enough protein in the turkey. . not a single fat too speak off. . .wheat bread is garbage. . .and its loaded with sugras from the "fat free" crap

DCB
    whole wheat bread crap? what would you recomend instead? i am just curious cuz my diet is similar.

It's not so much that bread is crap (but I do see DCB's point on that, as it's crap for a reason as there are far better carb choices to utilize and nix the fat free sh*t)

It's more-so why you'd want a sandwich in between fat/protein offerings in the first place. Do as you wish, it was only a suggestion made by DCB, and a good one IMHO.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's not so much that bread is crap (but I do see DCB's point on that, as it's crap for a reason as there are far better carb choices to utilize and nix the fat free sh*t)

It's more-so why you'd want a sandwich in between fat/protein offerings in the first place. Do as you wish, it was only a suggestion made by DCB, and a good one IMHO.

~SC~
    i wasnt knocking the advise you guys have given at all. you guys know more about this than i. thats the reason for the questions. what would be a better choice than whole wheat bread? i know that fat free **** is not good. what is wrong with a pro-carb meal between 2 pro-fat meal?

Two questions:

1) Instead of the turkey sandwich would a better lunch be a 3 or 4 oz. chicken breast with a tbsp of olive oil on it? What about a 3 or 4 oz. chicken breast with 2 tbsp of natty pb (seperatly ofcourse!)

2) Why is it necessary to only have pro/carbs in your breakfast, PWO, and PPWO meals? I don't get that. Although I am trying to cut, my fear is that if I don't have a pro/carb meal for lunch I won't have enough energy to work out later in the afternoon-evening. Am I right in my fear of that?
    Last edited by Aggression; 08-09-2004 at 09:17 PM.

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Two questions:

1) Instead of the turkey sandwich would a better lunch be a 3 or 4 oz. chicken breast with a tbsp of olive oil on it? What about a 3 or 4 oz. chicken breast with 2 tbsp of natty pb (seperatly ofcourse!)

2) Why is it necessary to only have pro/carbs in your breakfast, PWO, and PPWO meals? I don't get that. Although I am trying to cut, my fear is that if I don't have a pro/carb meal for lunch I won't have enough energy to work out later in the afternoon-evening. Am I right in my fear of that?
    OK pro/carb meal for breakfast if there is no am cardio is good to have since ur body has been fasting for 6-8hrs then its good to have some carbs since insulin respons is at its lowest in the morning and the carbs will be absorb in a lot slower rate then say if u have a pro/carb meal in the afternoon.

Carbs in PWO is very important becaues it restores musclce glycogen meaning u have torn and broken down ur muscle in the gym and are in a catabolic state. 2:1 ratio of dex to protien will cause a surge of insulin response causing one's body to act like a sponge and absorb all the nutrients quickly and effeciently (look at it as a free bee) switch ur body from a catabolic state to anabolic state which is good.

PPWO carbs ur body still will use these carbs but it must be in a complex carb form.

and ur theory of having carbs for lunch in fear of a lack of energy is full of sh*t its all in ur head man thats why when on a low carb diet your energy supply comes from fat. since ur depleting ur carbs u need fat for energy plus I HOPE U ARE TAKING A MULTI VITAMIN cause that could be a major factor in ur energy levels
    Last edited by The TooL; 08-09-2004 at 09:35 PM.

What about question 1? What do you think?

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    What about question 1? What do you think?
    u weigh 218lbs right? so i would atleast at the minimum if i were u be injesting 202g of lean chx which is roughly 7oz and 40 something grams of protein. 3 to 4 oz is not enough u should double it and taking it with a tbl spoon of olive oil or natty pb is fine just eat more chx.

I think I'm gonna go with 2 4oz chicken breast and two tbsp of natty pb seperatly. That's kind of an unusual meal though, chicken with natty pb?

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    I think I'm gonna go with 2 4oz chicken breast and two tbsp of natty pb seperatly. That's kind of an unusual meal though, chicken with natty pb?
    when cutting its a great tasting meal

OK, how's this....

Breakfast 5:15 am
    5 hardboiled egg whites
    1/2 cup of oats with splenda and cinnamon (days I don't do cardio)
    cup of green tea with splenda and a little milk

Brunch 8:30 am
    Whey protein shake with 1 tbsp of Flax

Lunch 10:30 am
    1 chicken breast with marinade and pepper with 2 tbsp of natty pb

Snack 1:30
    85 g of albacore tuna with full fat mayo

Dinner 3:30 (Pre workout)
    steak with pepper

Post Workout 5:30
    IMMEDIATLY AFTER MY LAST SET
    Whey protein shake (55g of protein, 7 g of carbs) mixed with 110 g of Dextrose

Evening Meal (Post-Post Workout) 6:15 pm
    1 4oz chicken breast with marinade and pepper
    yam with splenda and cinnamon

Bedtime meal 8:30 pm
    Pro Blend 55 shake with 1 tbsp of Flax
    cup of sleepytime tea with valerian in it

I will also be drinking 2 gallons of water a day

Is this any better?
    Last edited by Aggression; 08-10-2004 at 06:05 PM.

you breakfast needs some work. . and drop the F*CKING BUTTER FROM YOUR STEAK BRO

breakfast on cardio day: 8 eggwhites, 2 whole eggs
    breakfast for no cardio: 10 eggwhites, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

try that
    DCB

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    i try not to think of my meals in the general terms of "breakfast" or "lunch" anymore, as it seems to refer o specific foods, and that fvcks me up. More often than not i do am cardio and feast down on tuna w/olive oil and hot sauce for breakfast, then next 2 meals are either lean steak or chicken with an efa or maybe more tuna. salmon is good **** too!

Yeah, B,L,D I don't even think about anymore.

It's "meals 1-6" usually.

~SC~

Hey Swole, any suggestions? DCB has been helping me and I've made some improvements.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    I have added a pro(whey)shake to every friggin meal in the last 2 weeks.2 scoops of ON whey...46g pro on top of my meals which each consist of 50 g pro,,,getting almost 600 g of pro a day...have really blown up in those 2 weeks,vascularity has increased 10 fold,i have viens in my abs i have never seen and gained a solid 8# while cutting,,,,you definately need more protien bro

With this diet I should be getting over 320 g of protein per day. I need more?

With this diet I should be getting over 320 g of protein per day. I need more?
    thats plenty IMO. hell i am 230 and i only bulk with 320

DCB

diesel21 is offline Member
    the lunch was fine.... just add a healthy fat..... i'm sure that 99% of you guys are not competing, if so than the diet can be more extreme...... and if you need it to be that extreme to loose body fat than you have a major metabolism problem..... taking in slight sugar, fat, carbs than "normal" should not effect you that easily to gain bf competing then go extreme....
    basically make sure you burn more than you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    the lunch was fine.... just add a healthy fat..... i'm sure that 99% of you guys are not competing, if so than the diet can be more extreme...... and if you need it to be that extreme to loose body fat than you have a major metabolism problem..... taking in slight sugar, fat, carbs than "normal" should not effect you that easily to gain bf competing then go extreme....
    basically make sure you burn more than you eat.
    if he added a fat he would be mixing carbs and fats, which is not a good idea IMO. he put his diet up and ask all the questions b/c he obviously wants to get everything perfect and right and be able to understand why he is eating what he is eating.
    IT WILL BE HARD
    IT WILL BE WORTH IT

DCB

diesel21 is offline Member
    very true...... i also agree w/ the no mix carb and fat... opps

My lunch will be 2 4oz chicken breasts with marinade and pepper with 2 tbsp of full fat natty pb on the side.

That is a pro/fat meal.

Is this ok? I'm just afraid that with this diet I'm going to have no energy and I'm going to lose size with the elimination of all these carbs.

From what I understand you should take a pro/fat meal because 1)The fat slows down the absorbtion of the protein. 2) The GOOD fat you take in helps push the BAD fat out. 3) You need the GOOD fat for a source of energy.

Is this correct?
    Last edited by Aggression; 08-11-2004 at 01:10 PM.

My lunch will be 2 4oz chicken breasts with marinade and pepper with 2 tbsp of full fat natty pb on the side.

That is a pro/fat meal.

Is this ok? I
    thats a good meal yes

DCB

Hey DCB I apologize, while you were replying, I was editing my post. Could you check it out again?

Hey DCB I apologize, while you were replying, I was editing my post. Could you check it out again?
    fat does provide energy correct, and within a 3-4 hour time span. carbs like the ones in oatmeal however, can take up to 7 hours to completly digest and be used for energy. you wont lack energy bro, trust me

DCB

Hey DCB could you take a look at this thread I posted:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...22#post1196422

Thread Information