Justarting is offline Associate Member

Final revised cuting diet, good to go?

12:00PM(after cardio) Can of tuna, 1 scoop optimum, 2 scoop peanut butter

3:00pm 1 salad, lean meat(steak, pork chop, chicken, or fish), about 25 grams worht of egg whites(equally to about 120 calories), 1 scoop natty pb

6:00- Post workout- 50 grams dextrose, 25 grams whey

6:20 1 cup oats, Lean meat, either steak(the steak is actually top sirlion, and actually veyr lean) or pork again, 1 cup brocc, 1 cup cauli Is it possible to keep the oats as i loathe brown rice, and i've been told that oats is just as effective, loaded with fibre as well?

9:00- 1 Large chicken breasts, Vinegar and oil salad

12:00 1 scoops optimum whey, 1 chicken breast, 1 tbsp flax oil

Alright guys, there it is, am i good to go or what? I am 5'9, 175, approx 8% b/f, looking to get to 5

xenithon is offline Member
    Try not start another thread with the same info, just clutter things up. Adding a new post to your old thread will bump it up which is enough

Anyways here we go again, please note what is written in caps:

GOOD. IMO WOULD BE BETTER WITH JUST THE TUNA AND PEANUT BUTTER SINCE THE PB AND TUNA HAS SUFFICIENT PROTEIN. IF YOU WANT MORE PROTEIN HAVE MORE REAL FOOD, EG. 2 CANS OF TUNA, DON'T RELY ON SHAKES.

3:00pm 1 salad, lean meat(steak, pork chop, chicken, or fish), about 25 grams worht of egg whites(equally to about 120 calories), 1 scoop natty pb
    FOR THE 5TH TIME NOW REMOVE THE EGG WHITES! WHY THE HELL DO YOU NEED THEM? HAVE A BIG ASS STEAK OR 3 CHICKEN BREASTS IF YOU NEED, BUT AT 175 AND CUTTING YOU DON'T NEED TO MIX AND MATCH PROTEINS TO GET IN SO MUCH.

I WOULD MAKE IT 50G DEX AND 50G WHEY. 25G = TOO LITTLE IMO

6:20 1 cup oats, Lean meat, either steak(the steak is actually top sirlion, and actually veyr lean) or pork again, 1 cup brocc, 1 cup cauli Is it possible to keep the oats as i loathe brown rice, and i've been told that oats is just as effective, loaded with fibre as well?
    GOOD. OATS ARE FINE. MAKE SURE THE MEAT IS FROM POULTRY OR FISH, NOT STEAK. TRY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TO CONVINCE ME BUT A STEAK IS NOT LEAN ENOUGH FOR PPWO IMO. (UNLESS YOU WANNA SPEND $$$$$ GETTING THE ABSOLUTE MOST PRIME FILLET, WHICH IS STILL AT 5-7% FAT ANYWAY)

PERFECT. DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU CALL LARGE, YOU MAY WANT 1.5-2 BREASTS.

DITCH THE WHEY. CHICKEN AND FLAX IS PERFECT. CASEIN IS EVEN MORE IDEAL, EG. COTTAGE CHEESE.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Try not start another thread with the same info, just clutter things up. Adding a new post to your old thread will bump it up which is enough

Anyways here we go again, please note what is written in caps:

GOOD. IMO WOULD BE BETTER WITH JUST THE TUNA AND PEANUT BUTTER SINCE THE PB AND TUNA HAS SUFFICIENT PROTEIN. IF YOU WANT MORE PROTEIN HAVE MORE REAL FOOD, EG. 2 CANS OF TUNA, DON'T RELY ON SHAKES.

FOR THE 5TH TIME NOW REMOVE THE EGG WHITES! WHY THE HELL DO YOU NEED THEM? HAVE A BIG ASS STEAK OR 3 CHICKEN BREASTS IF YOU NEED, BUT AT 175 AND CUTTING YOU DON'T NEED TO MIX AND MATCH PROTEINS TO GET IN SO MUCH.

I WOULD MAKE IT 50G DEX AND 50G WHEY. 25G = TOO LITTLE IMO
    Needs to be 2:1 dex to protein, so if its 50 whey then 100 dex, which is too much IMO for a 175lb trying to cut! like 650 calories

GOOD. OATS ARE FINE. MAKE SURE THE MEAT IS FROM POULTRY OR FISH, NOT STEAK. TRY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TO CONVINCE ME BUT A STEAK IS NOT LEAN ENOUGH FOR PPWO IMO. (UNLESS YOU WANNA SPEND $$$$$ GETTING THE ABSOLUTE MOST PRIME FILLET, WHICH IS STILL AT 5-7% FAT ANYWAY)Actually you'd be much better off with the brown rice, a potato, or cream of wheat. Oats are high in fiber and slower digesting, which you want in the morning, not PPWO

PERFECT. DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU CALL LARGE, YOU MAY WANT 1.5-2 BREASTS.

DITCH THE WHEY. CHICKEN AND FLAX IS PERFECT. CASEIN IS EVEN MORE IDEAL, EG. COTTAGE CHEESE.
    Good but fat free and low fat cottage cheese has uneeded sugar you dont want at night, and if its full fat its bad fat

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    just my $.02

xenithon, i need the egg whites simply to boost protein, my lean meat only has about 25 grams prottein, and im looking for at least 1.5 times body weight in protein per day, with your suggestions I would only be getting in about 1 x my body weight, which i dont feel is sufficient protein.

Well I didn't know it was a prepackaged or premade piece of meat I was under the impression you could choose it, in which case you could just have a larger piece to get the sufficient protein. Obviously we cannot give you perfect info if we don't have it all to begin with. Thus, please revise the diet and repost it with actual amounts this time to give us a clearer indication, instead of just saying 'lean meat' and 'large chicken breast' for example

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you need an entire cup of oats. I'd cut that in half.

Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I don't think you need an entire cup of oats. I'd cut that in half.
    an entire cup of oats is only 34 grams carbs? u think that is too much?

protein- around 52 gram

protein-around 55 gram

protein- 25 gram

6:20 1 cup oats, Lean meat, either steak(the steak is actually top sirlion, and actually veyr lean) or pork again, 1 cup brocc, 1 cup cauli
    protein-35 gram

protein-30 grams

protein-50g

So total for the day would give me about 250 grams protein, 125grams carbs, and around 65 grams fat, what do u all think?

Hey, we're getting somewhere

However, please tell me how you get to 125g carbs. Other than the 50g dex and 35g oats it seems there isn't any more carbs. Don't forget that carbs from things like salads and brocolli are from fibrous veg and near on negligible. Even if you do count them, you only have them in the 6:20 meal and the 9:00 meal. I would say its nearer on 90-100g carbs total. An that is actually OK since what I was going to suggest is to up the dextrose PWO to 80g and have 40g from whey. Those extra carbs will bring the carb total to around 125-130g which is perfect. At the same time you will now get sufficient protein in the PWO shake, since I do not believe the 25g you listed before was enough. Other than that change I think it is pretty solid!

Two other minor changes I would suggest (optional, but IMO would tune your diet to be a lot more optimal) are:
    1 - move the PPWO meal to somewhere between 6:45 and 7. The ideal is to have the meal 45-60 minutes after the PWO shake. 20 minutes is too short methinks.
    2 - swap the amounts of protein you get in meals at 9 and 12. In other words, rather get 50g protein at 9, and 30g of slower acting protein prebed.

Cheers,
    X

guys, just another quick question regarding overall calorie consumption.... if you notice on the sample cutting deit thread that you always religiously refer to it suggest that a 200 pound with 15% body fat should cut with about 2170 calories which is actually LESS than what I, at 175 punds and about 8% body fat am consuming in my diet.... any thoughts or considerations on that? the biggest difference between my diet and the sample diet is that im getting about 20 grams more fat, whatchaa think?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    guys, just another quick question regarding overall calorie consumption.... if you notice on the sample cutting deit thread that you always religiously refer to it suggest that a 200 pound with 15% body fat should cut with about 2170 calories which is actually LESS than what I, at 175 punds and about 8% body fat am consuming in my diet.... any thoughts or considerations on that? the biggest difference between my diet and the sample diet is that im getting about 20 grams more fat, whatchaa think?
    no worries bro, everyone is diff. try not to focus on kcal counting, focus more on macro timing and counting.
    are you macros for the day good?
    are the carbs/fats/protein all placed well?
    are you doing cardio?
    so yeah, from the looks of things i would say you are good to go, but try it for a month, see how you look/fell and then make any changes that you need to

DCB

alright, ill give it a chance for a week, if there are is no weight loss in that week ill come back and we can try to work something else out?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    alright, ill give it a chance for a week, if there are is no weight loss in that week ill come back and we can try to work something else out?
    give more then a week bro, give it 4 weeks

Dcb

yeah but 4 weeks... nothing happens=wasted 4 weeks, if i dont notice any sort of body change, where i should be losing at least 1 pound of fat per week, then i think i should tweak it.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    protein- around 52 gram

protein-around 55 gram

protein- 25 gram

6:20 1 cup oats, Lean meat, either steak(the steak is actually top sirlion, and actually veyr lean) or pork again, 1 cup brocc, 1 cup cauli
    protein-35 gram

protein-30 grams

protein-50g

So total for the day would give me about 250 grams protein, 125grams carbs, and around 65 grams fat, what do u all think?
    I think that looks good. I forgot that a cup of oats was only 34-35 grams of carbs, thats good man. I think you should have no prob cuttin the extra fat. Are you cycling with ECA or clen ?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah but 4 weeks... nothing happens=wasted 4 weeks, if i dont notice any sort of body change, where i should be losing at least 1 pound of fat per week, then i think i should tweak it.
    how are you gonna know you losing 1lb of pure fat and not just water weight? Dont look at the scale religiously, its like watching water boil. Look at the mirror..... Besides there are many variables to take into account when you weigh yourself that you will only get a range unless you are super consistent with your weigh ins and that includes bowel movements too. trust dalcowbag, he knows what hes talking about....give it 4 weeks.

Thread Information