Redz122 is offline Associate Member

Don't have any pro/dex what to do?

Hi, as of now i dont have any protein powder or dex for a pwo shake. I was thinking about using real food for pwo nutrition like some high gi carbs with protein and a lot of sauce with high fructose corn syrup. how does this sound?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Use sweet tarts and egg whites.

Not together of course.

~SC~

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    u can try gatorade

Many use Gatorade, why however I'm not sure. It contains a good deal of fructose, that's no good. It also utilizes a strong preservative which has a tendency to kill stomach bacteria.

I'd use the dextrose myself.

~SC~

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    what about cool-aid or all natural honey ?

What's funny is that honey (rhyme not intentional) is fructose as well, yet many speak of it as being a viable alternative pwo. I have heard this many times, but never used it myself, nor did anyone I knew. It was usually just a sub for dex, but how good of a sub I don't really know. Kool aid I think is just table sugar, or sugar free and you add your own stuff. I use sugar free grape kool aid, dextrose, and ATW unflavored isolate for my pwo shake...........D*MN GOOD!

~SC~

xenithon is offline Member
    SC - If I remember correctly, various types of honey have different levels of fructose, ranging from around 10% to up to 80%. I don't have the study on me but there was one showing athletes using honey PWO and it worked very well as long as the fructose content wasn't too high.

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    SC - If I remember correctly, various types of honey have different levels of fructose, ranging from around 10% to up to 80%. I don't have the study on me but there was one showing athletes using honey PWO and it worked very well as long as the fructose content wasn't too high.
    Good deal, that could very well explain the "yes it's good" or "no it's not" reviews. No one ever decides to examine the actual PRODUCT itself and the differences in various types of honey. Good work!

~SC~

xenithon is offline Member
    Scrounging around quickly before I go out, I found the link to the study of how good honey is PWO for recovery:
    http://www.nhb.org/download/honeyandsportsnutrition.pdf

Cannot find the one showing the various levels of fructose, but that should be much easier to find with google

G'night,
    X

Thread Information