gorilla is offline Associate Member

question about vegeables

I have a question about vegetable intake. Some people tell me to eat all I want (aviod peas and corn). But some say that its not ok. What do you think. If im eating three or four BIG salads (without dressing ofcourse) a day am I hurtin my diet? are there vegetables to stay away from? My salads usually consist of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, celery, beets, and balsamic vinigar.
    thanks
    gorilla

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    All veg contains a very high amount of water and vitamins.You are meant to eat 6 amounts of veg everyday.I view salads as empty cals and things like lettice are around 95% water I would say eat all you like it will not harm you just go easy on the vinigar

Billy

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Wink hi

i eat a lot of veggies myself, frozen veggies but now i will prepare some naturally and blend them and make a big soup, winter is coming and i wanna keep all these vitamines coming in.

last time my gf made an amazing soup with broccoli, carrots, and a lot of veggies tasted great

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I eat pre-bagged salads and frozen veggies. Quick, easy and convenient.
    Pete

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Edraven does the same as me I,ll cook a roast and do loads of veg and cook a chicken eat what I want and then stick the rest in a blender.Makes a nice thick soup you can take to work

Billy

BigWill is offline Junior Member
    Eat all the veggies you want except avacodos. Best to stick with dark green leafy veggies, as they have the best nutrients and are suppossed to help fight cancer.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i use to

i use to eat out vegetables all the time, but only because no one loved them.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

ummmmmmm

did i read that first post wrong?hahaha.oh well i thought it was funny.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Vegetables

Billy is right,
    Vegs. such as lettuce are mainly water, however there are many vegerables that are high in protein and other vitamins as well as far as vegetables go. I would be carefull not to make salads the bulk of your diet. While they are great for a sanck and compliment a well ruond couse meal, they are not intended to nor should they be the bulk of your diet. I am not sure of your stats, however, there really needs to be some room for other foods as well. I know several vegetarians that take vitamin supplements to restore some of the vitmins that are defficent from their diet. Even if this does not make up your entire diet, you might want to check into this if salads are the bulk of it. If you really like the salad thing, let me know. I do have a bunch of reciepes that include not only salads, but some pasta dishes as well.
    Tobey

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Hi there

Spinach is the best they werent joking when they created Popeye LOL seriously its disgusting but exceptionally good for you! Along with brocolli!

You are right Lettice, Celery etc are mainly water and tomatos are high in sugar so if you are on a low insulin diet steer clear of them! You are better off with steamed vegetables as boiling them too much takes all the goodness away! LOL sound like a chef now! but make sure you are taking vitamins if you are not eating many veges!
    Ms Figure

Thread Information