co2boi is offline Anabolic Member

The price you pay for eating right...

Eating right and working out has no doubt helped me change my body for the better (and still is), but man the gas, oh the gas. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm so flatulant that I'm often scared for people to come around me during most of the day. I think one of my main problems may be meal replacement bars, but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone know of anything I can do to remedy this?

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    LMAO!!!! I keep a can of strwberry spray in my office at all times. If I eat beans...then look out I have to light a candle all day.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Cut your protein intake by half in all of your meals and eat twice as frequently. I know it sounds confusing but let me put it in a different perspective...

If you're eating 6 meals a day, at about 1 every 2 hours you would then eat 12 meals a day but eat once every hour.

It's very difficult to do, but it would definately solve your problem, and if it is as bad as you claim it to be, it might be well worth the effort.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    get rid of the bars they have trans fats and i believe pure whey isolate gives you less gas then the whey concentrate blends most people get. its a little more pricey tho

GQSuperman is offline Banned

actually

i eat mostly protein/fat with carbs only in PWO shake and PPWO. when i have my cheat day, that's when i get gas. during the week, i'm totally fine. my girlfriend hates it when she comes over on sunday and i take her out to eat b/c she pays for it the rest of the night.

lew
    lew is offline Junior Member
    seperate fat and carbs from the same meal had the same problem. only time i get gas now is on cheat days.

whatever people opinions on seperating carbs and fats in the same meal i can honestly say internally i feel so much healthy

TOTHEEND is offline Junior Member
    on the same subject i always feel like i have a beer belly when dieting and it dosnt make sense. coulod it be all the water i drink and protein i eat?

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    dude i have the same problem with farting non stop but i am starting to like it.i like to see peoples faces wen i fart he he

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, well at least you guys can relate. I never thought of it in terms of macro combinations though. I will give the seperation thing a try and drop the bars.

I have to admit it's kinda fun, seeing as how "everyone likes their own brand" and all....until a hot chick from accounting walks in my office 5 seconds after I let one fly. My wife gets pissed cos I come home and stink up every room I occupy.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Are your protein bars "low carb" or "sugar free"? If so, they are probably loaded with sugar alcohols that will definitely give you those digestive problems.

chances is offline Associate Member
    I know when I first started supplementing with protein powder when I was in the military, I over did it a lot and had gas so bad it made my barracks mate throw-up. and talk about hang time... whew, it was toxic for hours.

cb25 is offline Banned
    We used to call it "the hate"

as in, when you start eating tons of protein, you get the hate...

powerful stuff man...comes with the territory for most, as far as i've seen

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    LMAO, Ive been in barracks like that. MRE's make for some narsty smells too.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Flatulence is usually an indication that your body isn't digesting or assimilating a compound fully (partially digested food ending up in the intestine to be fermented by the intestinal bacteria or something like that).Experiment with different protein sources and find out what doesn't give you gas and stick with that.You may also consider supplementing with papain and bromelain (or other digestive enzymes) to aide the digestive process.just don't supplement too heavily.You don't want to be physically dependent on these

Thread Information