Thread: equal

bigordie is offline Member

equal

alright someone told me that equal is dextrose, and thats what they use in their PWO shake. I wasnt too sure about this one so i was just checkin with you guys. feel free to flame away.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Equal is aspertame, a very controversial chemical sweetener. How much of this is he putting in? That's really moronic, I'm sorry to say that but it's true.

Equal is aspartame. The equal packets do contain dextrose, maltodextrin, and aspartame but they have less than 1 gram of carbs in them, so if you were going to use this as a source of dextrose you would be using a truckload of it to get adequate carbs in your shake and isn't going to be very cost effective and you would be getting bucket loads of aspartame...not a good thing in my book.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bigordie
    alright someone told me that equal is dextrose, and thats what they use in their PWO shake. I wasnt too sure about this one so i was just checkin with you guys. feel free to flame away.
    Absolutely pointless being that equal is made to be used in diets w/those controlling insulin release. Same w/all sweeteners, hence their usage in many diets.

Attempting to get an insulin spike pwo from these substances is not only hilarious, but it'll never happen. It's dextrose, yes, but it's been modified to pass right through you, not affect insulin, and it literally does not "exist". One packet of any of these sweeteners has about 0.5-0.8 actual carb grams per packet.

~SC~

bigordie is offline Member
    thank you guys for the quick response, it really made no sense to me either but i just wanted to run it by a couple of you guys to make sure

Thread Information