Sicofit24 is offline Female Member

Wheat bread rumor?

Does anybody avoids eating wheat bread because of it's ability to mimic estrogen and inhibit muscle growth. I have heard people say this but I don't know if it's fact or fiction.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    dam, bump on that one...

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    i think i read this in my monthly addition of anabolic insider but dont qoute me, i have the paper at home and will look it up. i know beer does, as well as some sppices like oregano and a few others. i will copy the article tomorow for you guys.

TrIBOL

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOL
    i think i read this in my monthly addition of anabolic insider but dont qoute me, i have the paper at home and will look it up. i know beer does, as well as some sppices like oregano and a few others. i will copy the article tomorow for you guys.

TrIBOL

thanks!!! Id love to know!

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    holy crap me too..because i eat like a loaf a day

from a friend..
    Just found a bunch of stuff that states the wheat will raise estrogen levels......... How much wheat will do this I don't know. I will need to read more but an excess estrogen in men is a bad thing.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    that sucks. especially now a days when every company is trying to act like they're super healthy.......and they always put soy flour or soy something in their bread. and we all know what soy does. i'm sticking to oats now.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    And people wonder why I am so adamant against dairy/bread while cutting. The gluten in bread tends to bloat people and give them a thick-skinned appearance, so these may be the direct side effects.

~SC~

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i hope not, i eat wheat everyday

BUMP!

anyone find anything out about this?

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Not me, but I def want to know. I like wheat bread ****it...

GQSuperman is offline Banned

but

it's just like most other things...you probrably need to ingest 10 loafs to see the affect.... i wouldn't worry about it. anything, taken in excess, is detrimental. people have been eating wheat for years....it is/was the stable of diets in many cultures and i don't see any notes on entire civilizations with bitch tits or anything.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, steak increase test.....my girlfriend loves steak, and she hasn't grown a beard yet....to my knowledge....................................ut oh

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    listen to your friend - hes right on the money. bodybuilders need to be aware that there are certain foods, herbs and spices out there that will eat into their testosterone reserves. just as worrisome, however, is the fact that there are also foods that will enhance estrogen levels in the male body. estrogen is a female harmone that has effect on softening skin and making it less taut. once you alter the estrogen/testosterone balance in the body, u inhibit the bodys anabolic capacity. in other words, the more estrogen you got, the less muscle you can build. thats the basic difference between men and woman.

scientists have tested many foods, herbs, and spices for there estrogen receptor binding properties. those that follow are the ones with the highest ER binding capacity and should be avoided by those looking to build muscle. SOY MILK, LICORICE, RED CLOVER, MANDRAKE, BLOODROOT, THYME, YUCCA, TUMERIC, HOPS.

NOW, there is another female hormone that we need to be aware of - PROGESTERONE. progesterone is not produced in men but certain foods, herbs, and spices do act in a proesterone like way. one of the things that progesterone does is inhibit the release of leutenizing hormone (LH). LH is a hormone that bodybuilders attempet to stimulate in order to boost testosterone levels . so, taking in these progesterone like foods can, potenttially, lower ones testosterone levels. such things as: LICORICE, NUTMEG, RED CLOVER, BLOODROOT, MANDRAKE, OREGANO, TUMERIC, AND YUCCA. all come into this category.

so, whats the bottom line here. in your guest to build the body of your dreams you should avoid the following foods: SOY MILK, SOY PROTIEN POWDERS, LICORICE.... herbs and sprices like: RED CLOVER, THYME, OREGANO, AND TUMERIC. check carefully the contents of any herbal therapy you may be considering. if they contain: BLOODROOT, DONG QUAI, MOTHERWORT, BLACK COHOSH, OR VERBANA, give them a miss. keep in mind that HOPS have an estrogen boosting capacity. in other words drinking BEER will lower testosterone levels. so if you want to pack on serious beef, you better go easy on the booze..

NOTE: it didnt say anything about wheat bread but i dont know if wheat bread contains anyting listed above!

TrIBOL

?????

do men even have the progesterone receptor? the hormone is only produced in women by the corpus luteum after ovulation to signal onset of pregnancy. it has no function in men....i'm not sure we even carry the receptor.

i stand corrected.

i found this in a journal.

Neuroendocrine mechanisms that mediate male aggression toward infants are poorly understood. Although testosterone

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Swole is right! I always get that bloated feeling from bread and very rarely do I eat dairy!

Nuff said,

MJ

Aggression is offline Member
    Is this rumor true for WHITE bread as well?

I've heard you should only eat rye bread... anyone know about that?

Aggression is offline Member
    I would also like to know about rye bread. Is rye bread ok to eat without causing increased estrogen?

Ketogenic is offline Banned
    thats why : Eat meat not wheat!

Thread Information