radar1234 is offline Member

please explain to girlfriend!!!!!

my gf thinks that taking in 1-1.5 grams of protien is to much for bodybuilding.she says that the body wont digest that much.she says i am eating too much protien(approx 200 gms a day).what do i say????

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    tell she is nuts

i told her that and she showed me a chart from some mickey mouse website that stated that bbs only need .80 grms per bp.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    i told her that and she showed me a chart from some mickey mouse website that stated that bbs only need .80 grms per bp.
    .8 per lb @200lbs =160g protien, which=640cals ask her wher you are supposed to get the other 2000-2400??? just to maintain??

Is this 2000-2400 additional calories supposed to come from protein?? What percentage of protein, carbs and fat do you go by in your diet

Da Underboss is offline New Member
    If you talk to an actual doctor they will explain to you that taking in high amounts of protein for long periods of time will really screw up your kidneys, like 50% of kidney problems one actual practicing doctor told me he saw had to do with people taking in too much protein, this is especially true for whey protein.

When you are on gear though your body can take in more protein then when not, so if you're not on gear u may want to do some research about this. Obviously you won't see any damage until you're way older, but I plan on living a good life when I'm older too.

I take in about 150 - 200 grams a day spread out over five meals. I also add one protein shake in excess of the meals right after I workout, to try to get the fast acting whey in when my muscles need it. I'll do a little research and get back to you on the breakdown.

Many lifter completely forget that to have your body grow you need fiber, nutrients and vegatables. I focus on protein consumption but I would also recommend you try to increase your healthy food consumption also. Lifting tears down your body, a truly healthy diet, with possibly even lower protein may help your body grow in a better way, with less injuries down the line. Don't forget the vitamins, vegatables, carbs, and fiber to keep your cholestorol down.

Otherwise you'll be ****ting protein bricks out!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    my gf thinks that taking in 1-1.5 grams of protien is to much for bodybuilding.she says that the body wont digest that much.she says i am eating too much protien(approx 200 gms a day).what do i say????
    You say shut the f*ck up.

~SC~

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You say shut the f*ck up.

~SC~

couldn't have said it better myself

i can see him now:

you guys are harsh.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Tell her to get a degree in health science then come back and explain why you need 300g protien per day. Protien is the building blocks of muscle. Have her try to build a house w/ out lumber.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    the health science degree wont help because it says the same sh*t...too much protein blah blah blah....just tell her to do what SHE wants with her diet and you do what YOU want and see who gets better results.

Is this 2000-2400 additional calories supposed to come from protein?? What percentage of protein, carbs and fat do you go by in your diet
    my diet consits of

300g protien 1200 cals

250g carb 1000 cals

90g fat 810cals

I can maintain or cut on this diet depending on cardio. When I bulk multiply this diet by 1.5

GQSuperman is offline Banned

also

that .8 or whatever is for someone who is sedentary...or not active. it's what the body can get bye on. to build muscle, when you're active, you need more protein. maybe she'll get off your case if you explain it that way.

you guys are harsh.
    I know, you are right, and I'm serious when I say that I replied w/that somewhat jokingly, although if my wife/girlfriend/wife's girlfriend was yapping this to me, I'd be telling her/them just that. So, no disrespect towards you bro, nor your woman.

Then again, my woman knows that I know what I'm talking about, I walk around the house w/just jean shorts on while BBQ'ing, and she sees that there is no way in hell that she can tell me what's good for me and what's not. I look like walking information. The trophies lacing the house are also a reminder that Daddy knows it all, and you don't know sh*t.

Really though, then again this IS my career, so there is not much she can tell me, as it's a given that I know what I'm talking about. As well, my woman is all into fitness, and understands the role that protein plays in a diet, and just how important it is.

~SC~

should i go by lean body weight or overall body weight?

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    I The trophies lacing the house are also a reminder that Daddy knows it all, and you don't know sh*t.
    ~SC~
    If only my tee-ball trophies were as effective..........

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    should i go by lean body weight or overall body weight?
    Lean Body Mass

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    If only my tee-ball trophies were as effective..........
    lmfao!!!

i've got a 3ft tall plastic karate trophy that i won when i was about 10yrs old...will that work?

and i know someone said it, but health science degrees will teach what she heard...that people need 0.8g per kg of bodyweight. it says for very active people the number could be as high as 1.2-1.4g per kg...these #s don't even appraoch the 1g/lb rate that most of us look at...

but they're going for health and using very basic measures...sports nutritionists and bodybuilders are using research tailored for performance...not just basic health.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I'd tell her that you know what you are doing and to stay out of it... Why is she telling you what to eat anyways!? If my bf did some research and came back with some thing like this I would tell him that if he wanted to do that for protein then that was his business but what I take in is mine. (Then I would tell him to join the forums over at.... wait, no forum bashing here so I can't say, but some of you will know what I'm thinking )
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I know, you are right, and I'm serious when I say that I replied w/that somewhat jokingly, although if my wife/girlfriend/wife's girlfriend was yapping this to me, I'd be telling her/them just that. So, no disrespect towards you bro, nor your woman.

Then again, my woman knows that I know what I'm talking about, I walk around the house w/just jean shorts on while BBQ'ing, and she sees that there is no way in hell that she can tell me what's good for me and what's not. I look like walking information. The trophies lacing the house are also a reminder that Daddy knows it all, and you don't know sh*t.

Really though, then again this IS my career, so there is not much she can tell me, as it's a given that I know what I'm talking about. As well, my woman is all into fitness, and understands the role that protein plays in a diet, and just how important it is.

~SC~

DAT A BHOY Swolie.

you dah man bro... I dont give it out easy ..but, to you... Yah bro.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a degree in Kinesiology & Health Science. That much protein is TOO much IF you're an average joe who doesn't do jack ****. However, if you're a serious or even active person, you need 1g per 1lb of LBM. Serious bodybuilders can jack it up to meet their needs, but for the vast majority of us who'll never compete, model and have trouble getting our abs out...1g per 1lb of LBM is good enough.

Essplain that your womans man...

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    I'd tell her that you know what you are doing and to stay out of it... Why is she telling you what to eat anyways!? If my bf did some research and came back with some thing like this I would tell him that if he wanted to do that for protein then that was his business but what I take in is mine. (Then I would tell him to join the forums over at.... wait, no forum bashing here so I can't say, but some of you will know what I'm thinking )
    leave abcbodybuilding alone, those kids work hard and eat tons of pizza to get that big!

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    leave abcbodybuilding alone, those kids work hard and eat tons of pizza to get that big!
    N here I was thinking of Elite!

~SC~

Thread Information