Thread: B-Vitamins

Senior_FKG is offline Associate Member

B-Vitamins

so whats the deal with b-vitamins?? I just read an article outlining the entire list of b-vitamins, but they didn't give any reason for anyone to take them. So what do you guys know about the b-vitamins, like which ones should a gym rat like me with a good diet take to help me out??

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    They are supposed to be good for central nervous system (CNS). A multi B complex is tends to regenerate the CNS. Here is a bit of info I found:
    The B-complex vitamins are actually a group of eight vitamins, which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid (B9), cyanocobalamin (B12), pantothenic acid and biotin. These vitamins are essential for:
    • The breakdown of carbohydrates into glucose (this provides energy for the body)
    • The breakdown of fats and proteins (which aids the normal functioning of the nervous system)
    • Muscle tone in the stomach and intestinal tract
    • Skin
    • Hair
    • Eyes
    • Mouth
    • Liver
    If you want more details about each group of vitamin B check this site out. It will give you the breakdown of each group of B. http://www.nutrivit.co.uk/vitamins/vitamin_b.htm

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    In addition, if you are taking Deca vit B-6 will help with Gyno issues. It keeps prolactin levels in check.
    Last edited by Fat Guy; 08-14-2004 at 06:06 PM.

cb25 is offline Banned
    B vitamins are just as important as the others, however, assuming the amount of food you're eating and assuming you take a multi-vitamin, you should be getting plenty of them.

The exceptions are where there is therapeutic value - like fatguy said about b6. I've heard b5 for something (don't really remember what). but, the most common that i hear would be to take injections of b12 - it can (in some people) increase energy levels and appetite.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    B vitamins are just as important as the others, however, assuming the amount of food you're eating and assuming you take a multi-vitamin, you should be getting plenty of them.

The exceptions are where there is therapeutic value - like fatguy said about b6. I've heard b5 for something (don't really remember what). but, the most common that i hear would be to take injections of b12 - it can (in some people) increase energy levels and appetite.
    which is precisely why i stopped taking it. i have a huge appetite, and these few calories combined with b12 made me feel like the first time i smoked a blunt and went to burger king!!!

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    which is precisely why i stopped taking it. i have a huge appetite, and these few calories combined with b12 made me feel like the first time i smoked a blunt and went to burger king!!!
    lmao...and i've had the opposite problem...which is why b12 did help me a little bit...

Angelis is offline Banned
    How much B12 would you take in a day?

Thread Information