Aggression is offline Member

Confused about pre workout meal

OK here's my diet, guys who been helping me (especially DCB), know it already:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...87#post1198687

Here's my question, for my pre workout meal I've been eating a steak about an hour before I workout. Needless to say, I feel like crap working out, with that in my gut.

My solution is this: days that I DON'T WORKOUT I can still eat the steak in that timeslot. Days that I DO WORKOUT, instead of the steak, I will be eating a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon and a Whey protein shake (1 scoop 27.5 g of protein) appx. 1 hour before I workout.

My second question is this: I have read on other threads that guys do this, instead of eating them seperatly, could I mix 1/2 cup of raw oats with my whey? How many ounces of water should I blend them with? Is there any difference at all between eating them raw and cooked? Seeing that I'm eating only an hour before, what would be better?

And lastly, could someone explain to me why eating oats pre workout is a good meal? I thought it takes 4-6 hours for your body to use the energy from them (thats why they're good for breakfast)? Would a bowl of pasta be a better pre workout choice?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Not sure why the oats or any carb immediately pre-workout, as they won't do anything for the said workout. I'd have them in the meal prior to the last meal before working out if carbs are to be consumed before. (Like 3 - 4 hours before)

~SC~

Would some fruit be a better choice for a pre workout fix or do you need an actual "meal" pre workout?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Both ways are acceptable bro, it's all timing, what your meals are, etc.

~SC~

Hey Swole I've done some searches and the general consensus is that oatmeal and whey are a good pre workout meal 1-1.5 hours before lifting. Some have also recommended red apples as a pre workout "fix". Ofcourse you know best so I'm willing to listen.

Here are just SOME of the threads I checked out:

pre workout meal
    Best Pre Workout Meal
    Post and Pre workout foods
    the best pre workout food

Thread Information