Thread: diet critique

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

diet critique

sup fellas, need some ideas/criticism on this one. stats-- 5'7" 26yrs old, weight is around 200lbs with approx 20%bf give or take a few. goals--gain lean muscle and if possible lose bf%. also, i am on test prop at about 600 a week if that even helps. workout days are sun-thurs or mon-fri for an hour and a half each day..depending on certain circumstances.

--starting of day with 12grams of glutamine with tablespoon flax oil
    --5:15-6:15- cardio (brisk walk/ some jogging) 3-5days a week

meal 1-- 6:30a.m. whey pro shake with 1/2 cup oatmeal (40grams protein)

meal 2--8:30am 1/2 chicken breast cooked in olive oil (15grams protien)

meal 3--10:30am 1 large can of tuna with table spoon of mayo (65grams of protein

meal 4--12:30pm 1/2 chicken breast with 2 slices of whole wheat bread (20grams protein)

meal 5-- 2:30pm 1/2 chicken breast cooked in olive oil (15 grams protein)

workout at around 6/6:30pm for an hour and a half

pwo-- whey protien shake with (40grams protein and 80grams dex)

pwo meal- 1 hour after shake- 1 chicken breast with 1/2 cup brown rice. 20grms protien

-- before bed possible another shake with flax oil. (40grams protien)

--all together around 250grams protien. i would like more so perhaps whole bonless chicken breasts instead of just 1/2. perhaps another large can of tuna which is like 65grms protein per serving. i need to throw some veggies inthere but not sure where nor what veggies are the best for my goals. thanx guys i will be around so i will reply as quick as possible. peace

other info-- drinking approx 1-1 1/2 gal water,

bump...come on guys chew on it for a bit please. i know i have a lot of correcting to do

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    250g of Protein is fine if you are 200 at 20%, that will put you right at 1.5g of protein for 160lbs. LBM. All in all though, if you're goal is to gain size, it doesn't seem to me like there are enough calories. The diet looks clean though, other than the bread.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    250g of Protein is fine if you are 200 at 20%, that will put you right at 1.5g of protein for 160lbs. LBM. All in all though, if you're goal is to gain size, it doesn't seem to me like there are enough calories. The diet looks clean though, other than the bread.
    true on the cals. any suggestions with a sub for the bread and to get other cals in my diet? trying to keep it clean as **** so perhaps i would lose bf also

bump for a little more insight on this please

-this one is a little revised but not by much

-starting of day with 12grams of glutamine with tablespoon flax oil

meal 1-- 6:30a.m. whey pro shake with 1/2 cup oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter(70grams protein)

meal 2--8:30am 1 8oz boneless chicken breast cooked in olive oil (40grams protien)

meal 3--10:30am 1 large can of tuna with table spoon of mayo (65grams of protein

meal 4--12:30pm 1 8oz chicken breast with one cup of brown rice(40 grams protien

meal 5-- 2:30pm 1 8oz boneless chicken breast cooked in olive oil (40 grams protein)

pwo-- whey protien shake with (60grams protein and 80grams dex)

pwo meal- 1 hour after shake- 1 8 oz. bonless chicken breast with 1 cup brown rice. 40grms protien

**** i need a little help with the veggies and etc so any ideas would be helpful. i need to keep it clean so i can possibly lose this bf. thanx guys
    Last edited by hung-solo; 08-16-2004 at 10:24 AM.

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    for meal 1 if ur doing cardio ditch the oats and make it a pro/fat meal
    meal 4 u dont need carbs here so loose it and make it a pro/fat meal

is this a little better? i know i need some more cals but i just dont know where to put it for timing.

meal 1-- 6:30a.m. whey pro shake with flax oil and peanut butter(60grams protein)

meal 2--8:30am 1 8oz boneless chicken breast cooked in olive oil 1 cup of brown rice/or 1/2 sweet potato (40grams protien)

meal 4--12:30pm 1 8oz chicken breast cooked in olive oil.(40 grams protien

meal 5-- 2:30pm 1 8oz boneless chicken breast with 1 cup of brown rice(40 grams protein)

pwo meal- 1 hour after shake- 1 8 oz. bonless chicken breast with 1 cup brown rice. 40grms protien

Last edited by hung-solo; 08-16-2004 at 12:12 PM.

swole? anyone? what am i leaving out in this diet?

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    is this a little better? i know i need some more cals but i just dont know where to put it for timing.

meal 1-- 6:30a.m. whey pro shake with flax oil and peanut butter(60grams protein)

meal 2--8:30am 1 8oz boneless chicken breast cooked in olive oil 1 cup of brown rice/or 1/2 sweet potato (40grams protien)

meal 4--12:30pm 1 8oz chicken breast cooked in olive oil.(40 grams protien

meal 5-- 2:30pm 1 8oz boneless chicken breast with 1 cup of brown rice(40 grams protein)

That looks pretty good. You should take it as a compliment that you are not getting many replies, because a lot of guys will only post if they can attack a diet. There wasn't TOO TOO much to attack on yours. The only comment I want to make is that if you are cooking the chicken breast in olive oil and then eating your sweet potato or brown rice, then you are mixing fats and carbs. Maybe just use some butter spray when you are going pro/carb.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    That looks pretty good. You should take it as a compliment that you are not getting many replies, because a lot of guys will only post if they can attack a diet. There wasn't TOO TOO much to attack on yours. The only comment I want to make is that if you are cooking the chicken breast in olive oil and then eating your sweet potato or brown rice, then you are mixing fats and carbs. Maybe just use some butter spray when you are going pro/carb.
    thanx for the reply man. i think i need more cals but what i really need to do is sit down and analize the cals in the chick. and see if i need more. thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    thanx for the reply man. i think i need more cals but what i really need to do is sit down and analize the cals in the chick. and see if i need more. thanx!
    Definately, its always best to just sit down and make a list of the Macros and Calories in every meal. Provides for a much sounder dietary approach.

Thread Information