NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned

High Carb = Gain Weight = Diabetes?

For the past while I've been experimenting with how my weight changes depending on my calorie intake. I've come to the conclusion that a super high carb diet was the right kind of diet for me to gain weight on.

My target goals were taking in about 1000g carbs/200g protien/50g fat on workout days and 400g carbs/300g protien/100g fat on non-workout days, but usually the fat's a bit higher and the protien's lower than what it's suppose to be. Thus far I've put on about 7lbs without a change in my body fat percentage. The problem is on my workout days, 50% of my carbohydrated are coming from sugar (300g from koolaid, 200g from syrup). I know this is a stupid question but is there any way I can help fend off diabetes, possibly through some sort of supplement?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    even with 3 hrs of cardio ed ......1000g of carbs **** id be a fat mess....

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I start gaining a lot of fat if I go over 250 carbs

Everyone's different. I'm sure if you did enough cardio you'd be fine.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you added more healthy fats and proteins, you'd probably be better off anyhow. There are only so many carbs needed during the day, until you reach the point of diminishing returns, and even more-so, eventually fat storage. What you have now is more than ample to allow the fats/proteins to be able to carry out their functions. In regards to cardio, you shouldn't have to be doing monotonous cardio to keep excess fat off, your diet is the only thing that puts fat ON, so adjusting it can prohibit this from occurring. Cardio is not the answer at all times for excess fat, because just because you do cardio does NOT imply that you will burn only the fat you "would" store if you didn't do the cardio, and you may burn lean mass instead. Make adjustments through diet, and use cardio ONLY as an aid to speed the process you are embarking upon, w/out utilizing it too much to work against you.

I'd also think of something to replace kool aid and syrup.

~SC~

I understand what you're saying but I don't really think it applies for my particular case. If it ain't broke don't fix it. IMHO 7 lbs in 3 months is the best gains any natural guy my size could hope for.

Irregardless, Does anyone have an answer to my diabetes question?

longhornDr is offline Member
    I think you know the answer to this.

500g of sugar from syrup and kool-aid is ridiculous.

Cut that crap and add some healthier carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    I think you know the answer to this.

500g of sugar from syrup and kool-aid is ridiculous.

Cut that crap and add some healthier carbs.
    I can't shove that much solid food down my throat in a day. I'm not asking wether I'm going to GET diabetes or not, I'm asking if there are things I can take or do to help fend it off.

The chances of me getting diabetes are pretty remote. The only person in my family who's ever had it was my grandfather's brother on my mothers side...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd ask a doctor this question, as he would be the qualified person to run down any drugs you could take to counter-act diabetes instead of utilizing nutrition to negate the disease from commencing.

So yeah, the answer is to ask a qualified doctor.

~SC~

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    I can't shove that much solid food down my throat in a day. I'm not asking wether I'm going to GET diabetes or not, I'm asking if there are things I can take or do to help fend it off.

The chances of me getting diabetes are pretty remote. The only person in my family who's ever had it was my grandfather's brother on my mothers side...
    If you continue eating 500g of sugar a day for any significant length of time your chances of getting diabetes is far from remote, more like "more likely than not"

Perhaps cycling would be a good idea?

Thread Information