LS1
    LS1 is offline Associate Member

Whey Protein WHEN???

Ok I hear a good time to take a fast acting protein like whey is in the morning on an empty stomach cause of the anabolic processe that occurs.
    But also I do cardio on an empty stomach 5:30-6 in the morning to speed my matabolizam (<--spelt wrong im sure) to lose weight fat.
    My question is when to take the whey in before cardio or after? If I take it before cardio will it foul up with my metabolizam. Do you understand what I trying to get at im confusing myself?

Thanks if ya can help

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, pro/fat meal after

NATTY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnst01
    Does it have to be pro/fat or could it be pro/carb?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO you could use whey in the morning before your cardio as long as it is carb/sugar free like ISOPURE. This can help prevent muscle breakdown. And still can cause fat use for energy(some may disagree here). Whey can be used anytime during the day and post workout however if used post workout it must also have simple carbs included . Otherwise, whey can be oxidized for immediate energy since its a quick acting protein. The carbs slow digestion while giving the pancreas to spike insulin levels to shuttle nutrients to muscle cells needed for anabolism.

LS1
    pro/fat meal you say
    pro=#grms
    fat=#grms
    around how many grams and why the fat can you explain. Cause the fat is used for energy am I right not sure??

LS1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    IMO you could use whey in the morning before your cardio as long as it is carb/sugar free like ISOPURE. This can help prevent muscle breakdown. And still can cause fat use for energy(some may disagree here). Whey can be used anytime during the day and post workout however if used post workout it must also have simple carbs included . Otherwise, whey can be oxidized for immediate energy since its a quick acting protein. The carbs slow digestion while giving the pancreas to spike insulin levels to shuttle nutrients to muscle cells needed for anabolism.
    Thanks I'll keep it in mind

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1
    pro/fat meal you say
    pro=#grms
    fat=#grms
    around how many grams and why the fat can you explain. Cause the fat is used for energy am I right not sure??
    I think you will need to lay out your entire diet plan. once layed out we can critique. Can't really give a macro count without a complete diet plan and goals plus current stats

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bingo!

~SC~

LS1
    I think you will need to lay out your entire diet plan. once layed out we can critique. Can't really give a macro count without a complete diet plan and goals plus current stats
    OK sounds good Im in the middle of a change so when Im done I'll lets ya's know and then you all can critique.
    THANKS

Thread Information