MaidenOnslaught is offline Junior Member

What's are good fats after morning cardio

BACON! is bacon alright? the only two I can think of that's good for breakfast in eggs and peanutbutter. Any more?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bacon is okay, yes, but you should choose equally from GOOD healthy sources of fats over the course of the day. (Almonds, olive oil, flax, udos, omegas, etc.)

~SC~

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    swole, is full fat mayo a GOOD choice? i take 2 tbs of that in meal 2 & 3 which is tuna.

TrIBOL

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOL
    swole, is full fat mayo a GOOD choice? i take 2 tbs of that in meal 2 & 3 which is tuna.

TrIBOL
    Yup!

~SC~

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i don't see how bacon is good for you in the morning or ever if you're a bodybuilder. first of all, most wouldn't eat such a heavily processed food as bacon, second, i'm hoping we're somewhat concerned about the inside of our bodies as we are about the outside. processed foods like bacon contain nitrites which can convert to nitrosamines when cooked, which are carcinogens.

mayo good for you? swole!!!! i thought so highly of you!!!! most mayo's are primarily made from canola oil which has so many problems i don't want to get into. i do think what you said in the first post was correct.....olive oil, flax, omegas, etc...but mayo?
    i'm crying swole. either do it right or don't do it at all. only the best sources of all macro's should be used....IMO

Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    i don't see how bacon is good for you in the morning or ever if you're a bodybuilder. first of all, most wouldn't eat such a heavily processed food as bacon, second, i'm hoping we're somewhat concerned about the inside of our bodies as we are about the outside. processed foods like bacon contain nitrites which can convert to nitrosamines when cooked, which are carcinogens.

mayo good for you? swole!!!! i thought so highly of you!!!! most mayo's are primarily made from canola oil which has so many problems i don't want to get into. i do think what you said in the first post was correct.....olive oil, flax, omegas, etc...but mayo?
    i'm crying swole. either do it right or don't do it at all. only the best sources of all macro's should be used....IMO

Too tired to even TRY............I don't get paid here to regurgitate information repeatedly.............try a search.

"Swole, I thought so highly of you".............LMFAO!!!!!! So now I'm ruined or some sh*t?? Bwahahahah!!

Do not forget the CONTEXT in which the above can be used. I.E: Different dietary approaches. If you have your way, fine, but no one can argue my way or recommendations, as they've yielded success and my career for the past 4 years, and that my friend is impeccable as far as succcess.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Mayo is NOT made from Canola Oil.

It is made from Soy Bean Oil which does have EFA's in it.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Mayo is NOT made from Canola Oil.

It is made from Soy Bean Oil which does have EFA's in it.

<<LMO>>
    Bro, please, don't bother. I suggested he use the search function.

We've already typed too much tonight!

~SC~

haha. you can get the desired results from many sources of macro's, i'm only suggesting that you suggest foods that result in well being for the inside of the body also, as well as the outside, which you obviously have the ability to do.

and i didn't know soybean oil was good for you either. actually, i'm pretty sure it's not with all the toxins in soy.

and swole...i know you have an impeccable reputation on here, that sentence didn't mean now you're ruined, it just means that i don't see you in the same light as before. and your post sounded like you're irritated. i'm not trying to start anything, just for the record, just wanted to give my take on the advice asked and received. thanks.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Swole said to choose equally from good and bad fats. If you are doing cardio and lifting weights on a regular basis having bacon a few times a week is not going to have any ill effects in my professional opinion.

Unless you are dieting for a comp there is no reason to be a high-sphincter-tone diet nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    that sentence didn't mean now you're ruined, it just means that i don't see you in the same light as before.
    I should be concerned because...............?????

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Swole said to choose equally from good and bad fats.
    Precisely, thank you.

That's exactly why I am NOT concerned. My reasoning and advice when I gave it, was at a level much higher than this gentleman was thinking. Not realizing that a mixture of healthy and "un-healthy" fats is still healthy and totally fine, is not something I'm bound to sit and explain. Definitely not so it can change the way you look @ me.

Amazing......

~SC~

As far as I knew there was no safe level of trans fats and it is those fats precisely which should be eliminated from the diet completely. I had no idea you thought this was acceptable swole. How many grams a day is acceptable?

Thread Information