simplecanibus is offline Associate Member

Mouth Surgery, won't be able to eat, help!

Ok. I'm going to get surgery soon on my throat, tonsils to be exact cause of infections. The doc says recovery is about 2 weeks and it will be very hard to eat. What do you guys suggest I do to retain as much muscle mass as possible? I'm going to numb my throat and try to get down at least 3 huge shakes a day, but i don't think that'll help me reatin the muscle I want. Should I take a small dose of var or anything? Any help would be appreciated.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    protein shakes and maybe some ensure? The diet gurus will know exactly what you should eat.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Yogurt, Applesauce for carbs?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Bro I had my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks via a broken jaw..... no matter how many cals you down in liquid your gona lose some size. I was drinking in excess of 4-5k calories a day from protein shakes / weight gainer / ensure etc and I still lose like 20 pounds. But mind you this was 6 weeks. 2 weeks won't hurt ya too bad, just drink some protein shakes / weight gainer / ensure and anything else liquid and enriched with vitamins etc that you will be able to get down.

Hope you recover fast

<<LMO>>

Even if can start to eat solid foods after only a week.......will i still lose muscle mass due to not working out?

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    Even if can start to eat solid foods after only a week.......will i still lose muscle mass due to not working out?

No, not necesarily.. you will strength for sure though.

Paingain is offline Banned
    I had my tonsils out before when I was a kid, I was eating solid food like 2 days later. 2 weeks my ass!!!! It hurts a little bit to swallow, but its not as bad as you think it is. My advice is to take the pain and eat!!!!! Just cut your food up into really small pieces.

Paingain is offline Banned
    I had my tonsils out before when I was a kid, I was eating solid food like 2 days later. 2 weeks my ass!!!! It hurts a little bit to swallow, but its not as bad as you think it is. My advice is to take the pain and eat!!!!! Just cut your food up into really small pieces.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Bro I had my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks via a broken jaw.....
    LMO the scraper

well i guess when you're an adult it's a lot worse. he's going to use a laser on it also, not the cheese grater type thing they use when you're a kid. it sucks.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    LMO the scraper

LOL..... more like LMO got sucker punched sitting in a chair after football practice. But since this is the net and I can lie:

I was beating 4 dude's asses then one of them threw on a pair of brass nucks and socked me in the jaw. I still beat their asses but I had my jaw wired shut after

<<LMO>>

Thread Information