Aggression is offline Member

Apples preworkout?

For the last week I have been eating 1/2 cup of oatmeal with some splenda and cinnamon, 1 apple, and a protein shake (1 scoop 27 g pro) an hour before I lift weights.

For some reason since I added the apple I feel like I've got more energy when I workout. Why is that? Are apples good to eat before you lift? Does it matter what kind? I've been eating red ones.

Also would an apple be good to eat before a boxing workout. (Not for weightloss purposes but for energy purposes for sparring, bag work, etc.)

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    This is why they say an apple a day will keep the doctor away...and will give you more pep than cafein...

Nutritional Facts
    Apples are low in calories and have no fat, cholesterol, or sodium. Only 80 calories.
    Apples are a delicious snack that contribute to your recommended minimum of five servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
    Apples are an excellent source of carbohydrate energy.
    Apples are an important source of Potassium, which regulates the body’s fluid balance and neuromuscular activity.
    Apples contain naturally occurring chemicals called Flavonoids, which may reduce the risk of heart disease and inhibit development of certain cancers.
    Fiber Facts

Fiber helps our bodies with digestion and adds bulk to our diet.
    An apple contains 80% soluble fiber. Soluble fiber can help lower blood cholesterol and insoluble fiber may prevent certain types of cancer.
    One apple supplies one fourth of the daily level of fiber recommended by the American Dietetic Association.
    An apple has more fiber than a serving of oatmeal or most brands of cold cereal. An average size apple has five grams of fiber. More fiber than an entire head of iceberg lettuce, a bran muffin or two bell peppers.

Vet@ BigdogBodybuilding
    Vet@ Anabolic Impact

Yeah but does it do anything to help energize your workouts?

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Yes..did you read this part Bro??? Apples are an excellent source of carbohydrate energy. It has been said that an apple is "better" for energy than sucking down a cup of coffee and two diet cokes in the morning to get you going with lots of energy.

So 1 red apple, 1/2 cup of oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon and a protein shake (1 scoop 27 g pro) an hour before I lift weights would be suitable?

What about before a boxing workout?

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    I generally eat a fuji apple prior to a workout when cutting to replace liver glycogen. An apple has almost zero insulin effect if any at all. The meal you laid out I would think should give stellar results for energy purposes. It is hard to find two better carb choices than oatmeal and apples.

Thread Information