Justarting is offline Associate Member

Problem with Cheat meal!

After a long week of intense dieting, proper nutrient timing, hours of am cardio and high intense workouts, theres nothing more i enjoy than One good solid cheat meal. Here's my problem, my one solid cheat meal usually results in me bloating up like a pregnant woman, and returning to my initial starting weight of the week. For example, I would start at 180 pounds, diet down to about 175 for the weeek, enjoy a cheat meal and return right up that 180 pound mark again. The question isn't my diet as the board members and I have already created a solid plan, but I cant help feeling that my results are going nowhere and it's all a result of this one, weekly cheat meal. Also, I noticed some of your "cheat days" posted, and mine are nowhere NEAR as bad. I mean for my last cheat meal all i had was one, medium sized brownie blizzard from dairie queen. Usually its only something like an icecream, or mcflurry or some thing along those lines, and I dont think I've ever gone over 1000 calories in the meal, and aside from that my diet is right on track for the rest of the day. What gives?

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    let's see ur diet

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    After a long week of intense dieting, proper nutrient timing, hours of am cardio and high intense workouts, theres nothing more i enjoy than One good solid cheat meal. Here's my problem, my one solid cheat meal usually results in me bloating up like a pregnant woman, and returning to my initial starting weight of the week. For example, I would start at 180 pounds, diet down to about 175 for the weeek, enjoy a cheat meal and return right up that 180 pound mark again. The question isn't my diet as the board members and I have already created a solid plan, but I cant help feeling that my results are going nowhere and it's all a result of this one, weekly cheat meal. Also, I noticed some of your "cheat days" posted, and mine are nowhere NEAR as bad. I mean for my last cheat meal all i had was one, medium sized brownie blizzard from dairie queen. Usually its only something like an icecream, or mcflurry or some thing along those lines, and I dont think I've ever gone over 1000 calories in the meal, and aside from that my diet is right on track for the rest of the day. What gives?
    theres got to be something wrong with your diet somewhere please post it.

12:00PM(after cardio) Can of tuna, 1 scoop optimum, 1.5 scoop peanut butter--360

3:00pm 1 salad, lean meat(steak, pork chop, chicken, or fish), about 25 grams worht of egg whites(equally to about 120 calories), 1 cup cauli flower---370

6:00- Post workout- 50 grams dextrose, 25 grams whey ---320

6:20 1 cup oats, chicken breast, 1 cup brocc, 1 cup cauli ---400

9:00- Lean meat(steak or pork), Vinegar and oil salad 200

12:00 1 scoops optimum whey, Lean meat, either steak of pork 1 tbsp flax oil--340

1990 calories total, 250+grams protein, low carbs with all of them coming at peeak timing, low fat and only EFAS at correct times. Looks like a solid diet to me, and only 11 times my bodyweight in calories.

SpinalTap is offline Junior Member
    try going a week without the cheat day and see what happens

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    My advice bro.......throw the scale away....don't judge by the scale when you are cutting. It is perfectly possible to stay the same weight and lose body fat. Many have accomplished such a feat. Take waist measurements. That will be the true indicator. There is no way that one cheat meal should set off a weeks worth of diet. Unless you are the one exception to the rule.????

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    My advice bro.......throw the scale away....don't judge by the scale when you are cutting. It is perfectly possible to stay the same weight and lose body fat. Many have accomplished such a feat. Take waist measurements. That will be the true indicator. There is no way that one cheat meal should set off a weeks worth of diet. Unless you are the one exception to the rule.????

thanks that is very reassuring, should i go by calipers even more so tho, rathter than tape measurer? and wouldn't water levels affect what the tape measurer says also?

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Yes the water retention will effect measurements a little, but will go away less than 2 days after your cheat. Sometimes even going by calipers is a bad idea, as you have to do it every time the EXACT same way, or it could result in bad information.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sounds like it's water weight gain from the cheat day, no big deal at all.

Make sure you are doing the correct form of fat loss cardio, and I'd seperate my training more from my cardio, it's too close together.

You need a cheat meal/day per week, and if you need to take it out for lack of progress, something else is the culprit.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Dude I have cheat days where I gain 10 pounds of water......don't sweat it. Put the scale in the closet and don't take it out until your done cutting. Don't worry about what it says....just watch the mirror. That will tell you all you need to know

<<LMO>>

Vincent is offline Associate Member
    My opinion be careful with the extra shakes sometimes their label claims with certain companies are way off and you will get bloated and fat before you know it. nothing replaces real food you know exactly what you are getting. bro

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Remember when you cheat on carb based foods that you will produce a large insulin response. Insulin increases water and sodium retention. Also remeber that some of the water weight gain might be extra glycogen in the muscle. This can equat to few pounds itself. The water under the skin can equat to several pounds as well. Generally it will take two days for the water to subside. So weigh yourself two days after the cheat, never the next day. For instance, i just got home 15 minutes ago from a binge were i ate a frosted coffe role, 2 doughnuts, 2 pints of whole milk and 3 mcChicken sanwhiches. I'm prett **** sure i will look like a bloated fat ass tomoroew morning. Therefore i will not even bother weighimng myself till tuesday.

god i'm a fat ass. I really didnt need that third chicken sandwich. I'm gonna lie down now, i feel sick.
    peace.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Sounds like it's water weight gain from the cheat day, no big deal at all.

Make sure you are doing the correct form of fat loss cardio, and I'd seperate my training more from my cardio, it's too close together.

You need a cheat meal/day per week, and if you need to take it out for lack of progress, something else is the culprit.

~SC~

hmm fat loss cardio... please elaborate?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    hmm fat loss cardio... please elaborate?

Low intensity cardio....... 65-70% heart rate for 45-60 minutes in the am on an empty stomach. To figure target heart rate you can use this formula:

220-age * .65
    220-age * .7

<<LMO>>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Thanks LMO.

~SC~

Swole, i know you never like to be singled out for advice, and that is nt what I am doing here, I just want your opininion on the diet I posted above for cutting, im 5'9 175lbs, and around 8ish % bf looking to get very shredded. I've gone through most others on the board to critique it, but you have never put your 2 cents in yet.

Thread Information