oespejel is offline Junior Member

tuna nutritional value

does anybodies know how much protein a tuna can have?
    I eat 2 cans for one of my meals but im not sure how much protein is in there.

oespejel is offline Junior Member
    thanks men

xenithon is offline Member
    Check the label it should be there. Also note that various brands will have different values. the main reason in they might use different parts of the fish, and they might use different species. This can make a significant difference so do take note (eg. I can get two cans of tuna here with one 23% protein and the other 28% protein, both marked as light meat chunk tuna).

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yo. Good question. Cuz, according to my tuna cans, it contains 5 servings of 15 grams of protien. That's 75! But i just think "That can't be right can it?" I mea, i don't have the small cans, i have the regualr sized ones. I usaully eat the whole can just to be safe, but i do notice that my next piss is often misty, so i think perhaps it dos pack 75 grams, because it seems to cause alot of urea. I do drink a ton of water everyday, so i'm not dehydrated. By pisss is usually clear.
    What sized cans are you guys refering to, and how many servings is in each can?

dreamkiller is offline New Member
    its not possible to have 75 grams of protein in a can of tuna...tuna is usually 13grams in a can and its 2.5 servings per can... so thats like 33 grams per can..... UNLESS u have one of those huge cans... then its a lil more....but its DEF not 75....someone's reading it wrong

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    Yo. Good question. Cuz, according to my tuna cans, it contains 5 servings of 15 grams of protien. That's 75! But i just think "That can't be right can it?" I mea, i don't have the small cans, i have the regualr sized ones. I usaully eat the whole can just to be safe, but i do notice that my next piss is often misty, so i think perhaps it dos pack 75 grams, because it seems to cause alot of urea. I do drink a ton of water everyday, so i'm not dehydrated. By pisss is usually clear.
    What sized cans are you guys refering to, and how many servings is in each can?
    the large 12 ounce can says 5 servings and should have close to 70 grams of protein in it.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyMechanic
    the large 12 ounce can says 5 servings and should have close to 70 grams of protein in it.
    yes... i often eat these when bulking. i'll bring 1 of those cans to work and eat it over a 1 hour period every time i have a minute or two i take a few bites...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamkiller
    its not possible to have 75 grams of protein in a can of tuna...tuna is usually 13grams in a can and its 2.5 servings per can... so thats like 33 grams per can..... UNLESS u have one of those huge cans... then its a lil more....but its DEF not 75....someone's reading it wrong
    Yeah, it's more than 75 for the big ones. 33 for the small ones for sure.

I'll check tomorrow a.m. as I need to go spend a grip on meat/fish/veggies.

~SC~

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yep i just checked. I have the 12 ouncers. They pack about 75. Gosh, tuna must beincredibly dense to pack that much protein in a can. But then again, i guess 12 ounces of anything is close to 75 grams. But tuna looks so much samller than a 12 ounce steak.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I just checked some of the smaller 6oz cans that I had in my kitchen. One is Chunk Light with 2.5 servings per container at 13g/serving (32.5g total) and the other is Albacore with 3 servings per container at 15g/serving (45g total). So it depends a lot on the kind you have.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thread Information