Thread: Protein and fat

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Protein and fat

When you eats fats with protein, thats good coz it slows down the absorption rate of the protein, right? And thats also the reason why fats are not good in your PWO?

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    When you eats fats with protein, thats good coz it slows down the absorption rate of the protein, right? And thats also the reason why fats are not good in your PWO?
    yes.in your PWO meal you are creating a insulin spike so you do not want to be taking any fat in with that just protein.

bor
    Got it! And would olive oil also be good for this purpose? I would do this with my whey b4 bed!

limppimp85204 is offline Junior Member
    A casein protein would be best if you can find that. That with any good fats will works wonders.

bor
    OK. D@mn, I wish I started reading up in the diet forum earlier!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Got it! And would olive oil also be good for this purpose? I would do this with my whey b4 bed!
    It's fine because the oil will slow digestion of the whey, making it's attributes more like that of the longer digesting casein.

~SC~

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limppimp85204
    A casein protein would be best if you can find that. That with any good fats will works wonders.
    Casein protein would be ideal but if you have ever tried pure casein protein you would never ever think of recommending it to someone. It is the worst tasting/mixing sh*t ever. I have 3lbs of TrueProtein Casein that I may never use because it is disgusting as all hell.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    How much fat is necessary to slow down the protein though?

And, when you say no fats in the PWO meal, does a few fish oil caps count?

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i wouldn't go overboard on the fat. maybe 20 grams of olive oil at night with a slow absorbing protein. casein is really bad tasting, but after a few weeks it's good to go.

bor
    OK! Soooooo, OLIVE OIL TASTES LIKE S H ! T !!!!!! Can I have some almonds with my whey for the whole slower apsortion thing? How many, like 10?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    How much fat is necessary to slow down the protein though?

And, when you say no fats in the PWO meal, does a few fish oil caps count?
    no fat means no fat

dcb

OK! Soooooo, OLIVE OIL TASTES LIKE S H ! T !!!!!! Can I have some almonds with my whey for the whole slower apsortion thing? How many, like 10?
    Usually, every 28 almonds has 16-17 grams of fat.

Depending on your needs, adjust from there.

~SC~

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    hey swolecat, I read in "The Book of Muscle" by Ian King. In that book he says that it is bad to consume Fats before bed and pwo because fat will also hinder your bodys own Growth Hormone production and your body produces the most GH right after an intense workout and while you are sleeping.

Have you ever heard anything like that?

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i know it's bad to consume fats pwo because of the insulin spike, but you don't want carbs at night so you must have protein and fat. i don't think your bodies gh production will hinder due to healthy fats at night. maybe try to get them from fish oil if you want to take in a smaller amount.

Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    hey swolecat, I read in "The Book of Muscle" by Ian King. In that book he says that it is bad to consume Fats before bed and pwo because fat will also hinder your bodys own Growth Hormone production and your body produces the most GH right after an intense workout and while you are sleeping.

Have you ever heard anything like that?
    There must be some pretense or other attribute applicable to when he is referring to "before bed", as healthy fats and fats in general with protein before bed (in the correct amounts for "you"), are a great way to stave off catabolism during the night while you sleep.

PWO, it's pretty much common knowledge that one is not to include fats in the pwo meal(s).

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-24-2004 at 05:36 PM.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    PWO, it's a misnomer that one is not to include fats in the pwo meal(s).

~SC~

Serious? I'm not being sarcastic, but I've always been under the impression that fat in PWO meals is something to avoid. I'd be interested to hear more about this. I need to spend more time in here. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Serious? I'm not being sarcastic, but I've always been under the impression that fat in PWO meals is something to avoid. I'd be interested to hear more about this. I need to spend more time in here. Dang.
    Crap......I edited my post. It was an error in my typing.

That is what I get for doing 8 things at once!

Thanks!
    SC

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    THA GONZ. Yes i have heard that also. Actually i read it in a GH book. It actually said fat is the enemy of growth hormone . Personally i think that's a little harsh. I mean, sugar is the real arch nemesis of growth hormone IMO. But they did a study in which they intravenously injected subjects with 500mg of niacin(boy i bet they got one fucck of a flush!) and they experianced a huge GH spike. Then they intravenously injected frr fatty acids into the subjects, and the spike went right down.
    So, sometimes I eat 8 eggwhites as my last meal. But sometimes i wonder if I'm fuccking myself, becuase, the protein in eggwhites digests fast and without fat it may make more insulin and also convert more to glucose through glyconegenesis, which also inturn stimulates more insulin, and as you know insulin inderectly blocks GH. So pretty much your ****ed if ya do and ****ed if ya don't. Who knows what the hell to do. Sometimes a have a few fish oils with it, which only equaets to a few grams of fat, but hopefuly enough to slow the protien down.
    Maybe i should take ALA with my last meal so that i increase insulin sensitivty if the protein enters to fast. I dunno. This is one issue i'm confused on, but maybe we shouldn't stress it.

Thread Information