Thread: Dextrose

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member

Dextrose

Dex goes right through me. Does this happen to anyone else. I usually take 80 grams pwo. So i dropped it to 60 today and it still happens. I might start giving up with using dex.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I know what your saying. The only thing I can think of is, because dex is high GI, and is easily digested by your body, maybe thats why it goes right through you so quik. If thats the case, then I dont think lowering the intake amount will solve the problem, as the intake amount isnt what causing for this to happen. Its the speed of digestion.

TOTHEEND is offline Junior Member
    hey guys not to start another thread about this subject so i thought il ask here.... im adding 4 scoops (from the whey TUb) of dexetrose and 40g whey in my pwo meal... now 4 scoops of decetrose are a lot guys. i figured every tea spoon has about 4 g dexetrose and every scoop can hold about 5 tea spoons thus the 4 scoops of dexetrose.... is that too much i think its 80g total but i fear i might be wrong and my cutting efforts go down the drain for that.... thanks a lot all.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTHEEND
    hey guys not to start another thread about this subject so i thought il ask here.... im adding 4 scoops (from the whey TUb) of dexetrose and 40g whey in my pwo meal... now 4 scoops of decetrose are a lot guys. i figured every tea spoon has about 4 g dexetrose and every scoop can hold about 5 tea spoons thus the 4 scoops of dexetrose.... is that too much i think its 80g total but i fear i might be wrong and my cutting efforts go down the drain for that.... thanks a lot all.
    How about you start your own thread so i can maybe get some more answers to my question

lew
    lew is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    Dex goes right through me. Does this happen to anyone else. I usually take 80 grams pwo. So i dropped it to 60 today and it still happens. I might start giving up with using dex.
    Some ideas

1) Try diluting the formula with extra water
    2) sip the drink over 15 minute period instead of all at once
    3) for some reason i have found shakes go straight through me but most of the time this was due to dehydration, try upping the amount of water you drink in the day
    4) delay your pwo shake by 15 minutes or so and let your body calm down from the workout and sip just water.
    5) to be honest i have never found shakes pro or pro/carb in liquid form agree with me at all always seem to have the same problem.

Hope this helps

Lew

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I take Maltodextrine and don't have this problem. I have a friend that takes 50/50 Dextrose and Malto and doesn't have a problem with it going straight through either. Not sure if its the Malto or if its the individual Malto is still rapidly absorbed and high GI so it is acceptable for PWO.

Anyways, not sure if the DE has anything to do with how fast it goes through the body or not but... A DE value of 100 corresponds to completely hydrolyzed starch, which is pure glucose (dextrose). Maltodextrin is partially hydrolyzed starch that is not sweet and has a DE value less than 20. I just know that as a diabetic I can't take Dextrose, but Malto doesn't mess with my blood sugar levels as much so I am able to take that PWO. Malto still gives an insulin spike but is easier to maintain blood sugar levels after the initial spike.

*Text in Italics came from http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fit...ohydrates.html if you are interested in doing some more reading on different types of carbs.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member

2 scoops from your whey scooper is 75-80 grams, 4 scoops (150 grams) is way more then nessasary IMO.

TrIBOL

brian11 is offline Member
    half a cup will be 75-80g approx. at least thats the consensus i got a long time ago when i asked a similar question

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    half a cup will be 75-80g approx. at least thats the consensus i got a long time ago when i asked a similar question
    Holy sh*t..........he's resurfaced!!!!!!!!!

We thought you quit, gave up, and went home.

Sup!!!!!!!!

~SC~

TOTHEEND is offline Junior Member
    2 scoops form the whey scooper is 75-80 g dexetrose??????? how can that be im not saying tribol is wrong but what about the other guys how many scoops of the whey scooper shall i use to get 80g dexetrose

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    measure it tonite if you dont get any feedback before you logg off, 2 scoops equals 1/2 cup which is 75-80 grams.

TrIBOL

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    2 scoops form the whey scooper is 75-80 g dexetrose??????? how can that be im not saying tribol is wrong but what about the other guys how many scoops of the whey scooper shall i use to get 80g dexetrose
    Look on the bottom of your scoop and tell us what size it is. For example, 60cc, 70cc, etc. Every whey manufacturer does not use the same scoop.

I Stand Alone is offline Junior Member
    This may seem like a stupid comment,, but why not just weigh the dex, then you know for sure.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Or simply use 1/2 cup as being equal to 75 grams of carbs, because it is.

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I also bought some TwinLab Ultra Fuel Maltodextrin the other day, Fruit Punch flavor, have yet to try it.

Thread Information