Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

Whats wrong with this cutting diet????

Now with the help of the cutting sticky and some of yous on here this is my attempt to build my own diet. My stats are 5'8 194lbs around 22%bf my goal is to drop as much bf as possible. Does this diet look right for what I want to do with my stats?

7:30am: AM Cardio (Hour)

9:00am: 5 Eggs(2 whole), 4 oz of chicken

12:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken and 1 Tbsp of P butter

3:00pm: 1 can of Tuna with 1 Tbsp of Mayo

6:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken and 1 Tbsp of Olive oil

9:00pm: Workout

10:30pm: PWO shake 40g pro/80g Dex

12:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken, 3/4 cup of rice, and 1 cup of veggies

Total: 344 Protien 138 Carbs 92 Fat = 2300 calories

Is that last shake really necessary cause I'm really full after the PWO shake and the meal after that? Does it matter or work against me that I'm having my carb up meal so close to when I go to sleep? Rip it apart and let me know what I should fix and if you have any good ideas on how to fix it.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Shrad6; 08-26-2004 at 01:35 PM.

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    I personally think you have too much protein in your 9 am meal. i think you are over 60 gm.

ALso, your #'s are wrong, you're not at 2300 calories, instead you'd be at:

92 gm fat x 9 cal/gm = 828
    344 + 138 x 4cal/gm = 1928
    2756 cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrad6
    Now with the help of the cutting sticky and some of yous on here this is my attempt to build my own diet. My stats are 5'8 194lbs around 22%bf my goal is to drop as much bf as possible. Does this diet look right for what I want to do with my stats?

9:00am: 5 Eggs(2 whole), 4 oz of chicken

12:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken and 2 Tbsp of P butter

11:30pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken, 3/4 cup of rice, and 1 cup of veggies

12:30am: 40g Pro shake with 2 Tbsp P butter

Total: 344 Protien 138 Carbs 92 Fat = 2300 calories

Is that last shake really necessary cause I'm really full after the PWO shake and the meal after that? Does it matter or work against me that I'm having my carb up meal so close to when I go to sleep? Rip it apart and let me know what I should fix and if you have any good ideas on how to fix it.
    Thanks

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    the kcal are a little high but considering your at 22 % BF you should respond for a while with this diet, looks good though. good luck

NICE!!! Thanks should I drop an egg or 2 in the first meal?

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    i think your kcals are high like was said...but because your fat intake is too high. 92g fat is high compared to the rest of your diet and your stats, if your gonna cut back calories to speed results once you make progress i would start there!
    thats 828fat cals bro, i'd cut it back to around 500-600 fat cals/day IMO

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Here is the best advice. Drop the final meal of the day or at the very least drop the fat from it. Your insulin levels will be elevated from your PPWO meal and there is no need to risk storing fat before bed. Also I dont think you have given enough time between your PPWO and you final meal. You could either go to sleep after PPWO or wait 2.5-3hrs before having another meal. There is no reason in my opinion to have another meal 1hr later. If you wanted you could even go an hour and a half between PWO and PWO. I think you are fine as far as protein is concerned with your first meal. You have 26g Pro from the chicken 15g Pro from the Egg whites and 10g Pro from the two whole eggs. Last time I checked that math it made 51g of Pro. Which in my book is my goal for each meal. I think your diet looks pretty solid over all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Here is the best advice. Drop the final meal of the day or at the very least drop the fat from it. Your insulin levels will be elevated from your PPWO meal and there is no need to risk storing fat before bed. Also I dont think you have given enough time between your PPWO and you final meal. You could either go to sleep after PPWO or wait 2.5-3hrs before having another meal. There is no reason in my opinion to have another meal 1hr later. If you wanted you could even go an hour and a half between PWO and PWO. I think you are fine as far as protein is concerned with your first meal. You have 26g Pro from the chicken 15g Pro from the Egg whites and 10g Pro from the two whole eggs. Last time I checked that math it made 51g of Pro. Which in my book is my goal for each meal. I think your diet looks pretty solid over all.
    we needs the fat in the last meal to slow digestion of the protein, but yes he should spread it out better. but he still needs it.

DCB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I don't see a need for the final meal either, and not 1 hour after two very high carb pwo meals, nope.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I don't see a need for the final meal either, and not 1 hour after two very high carb pwo meals, nope.

~SC~
    Yahoo for me

I told you I learned some valuable principles from my SGX diet.

Justarting is offline Associate Member

9:30am: 5 Eggs(2 whole), 4 oz of chicken
    Wait for one hour before having this meal for maximum lypolsys

Since you have so many cals, and way too much fat imo, i would reduce it to 1 tbsp of peanut butter, make sure its natural

Looks good

Why not add some fibrous veggies and make a vinegar and oil salad, your diet is lacking fibrous vegetables in my opinion

Pretty late workout, and your creating an insulin spike AWFULLY close to your sleep.

GOOD, you could cut back a bit, and go something like 60gr dex/30 gr whey, but thats fine

Again good, but you can probably move this meal forward about 15 minutes, and really try to minimize the amount of insulin before sleep

You have the right idea of a protein/fat meal for slow digestion, however you're forgetting that since so much insuin is present, theres a good chance the EFA'S will be stored as fat, maybe reduce it to 1 tbsp of peanut butter, or elminate completely.

You have the rigth ideas but, you're forgetting some critical things, like insulin +fat= NO! and insulin before bed= NO! To correct this its very simple, train earlier, or go to sleep later and wake up later... why are you training at 9;pm in the first place? Also your waking up at 730 and going to sleep at 1230, and thats assuming you fall asleep the second you put your fork down from your meal and your head hits the pillow. So that means AT MOST your getting about 7 hrs of sleep per night??? Yuck! With low calories, and little slieep your just asking for a slowed metabolism and struggling thyroid which will pretty much stomp out your fat loss efforts.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yahoo for me

I told you I learned some valuable principles from my SGX diet.
    Word booty brutha!

~SC~

I have replied in color

Quote Originally Posted by Justarting

9:30am: 5 Eggs(2 whole), 4 oz of chicken
    Wait for one hour before having this meal for maximum lypolsys

Since you have so many cals, and way too much fat imo, i would reduce it to 1 tbsp of peanut butter, make sure its natural
    The way he has it set up he is consuming 18g fat which is borderline for too much. He can get away with that originally but will want to reduce it later most likely

Looks good
    Only 33g of Protein here

Why not add some fibrous veggies and make a vinegar and oil salad, your diet is lacking fibrous vegetables in my opinion

Pretty late workout, and your creating an insulin spike AWFULLY close to your sleep.
    Working out at night allows one's body to burn the maximum amount of fat during the day. Think about it: You have zero carbs from the time you wake up til the time you work out. Your body is in a state of ketosis therefore burning fat the entire day until you workout and then shift your focus to glycogen replenishment and muscle repair.

GOOD, you could cut back a bit, and go something like 60gr dex/30 gr whey, but thats fine
    Post workout goals do not change because you are cutting. Your main emphasis here is to replenish glycogen and repair muscle. Altering this the least bit cuts into your efforts to accomplish your goals. Besides your body will use every ounce of carb and protein to repair and replenish.

Again good, but you can probably move this meal forward about 15 minutes, and really try to minimize the amount of insulin before sleep
    You already are at the minimum amount of time you would ever want to go between PWO and PPWO meals it would be nonsense to shorten the length of time between these two meals even less. Yes you will have an insulin spike but that is not the issue here. Again your goal is to replenish and repair. Why would it make any difference if your insulin were spike you arent planning to consume any fat in the near time so it really has no impact. I would recommend you push this meal back to 12am that way you have 1.5hrs for your body to use your PWO meal and enough protein to last through the night.

You have the right idea of a protein/fat meal for slow digestion, however you're forgetting that since so much insuin is present, theres a good chance the EFA'S will be stored as fat, maybe reduce it to 1 tbsp of peanut butter, or elminate completely.
    This meal should be scrapped entirely. It serves no purpose and is way too close to your PPWO meal. Besides you dont want any fats in your meal after such a great insulin spike. If you are going to be up until like 3 am than I could see having a Protein meal at 2:30 but it doesnt appear that is what you are doing.
    Remember to cheat once a week. And I mean cheat. Hit up McD's, Pizza Hut, have a couple meals of debauchery and I guarentee you will lose fat. I am using a diet alomost exactly like the one you have outlined and trust me it works. On your off days go totally carbless or if you feel like you need one meal of carbs for glycogen replenishment than make it your 4th or 5th meal of the day with about 30g Carb and some fiberous veggies. Follow the diet and watch the pounds shed

Remember to cheat once a week. And I mean cheat. Hit up McD's, Pizza Hut, have a couple meals of debauchery and I guarentee you will lose fat. Follow the diet and watch the pounds shed
    One of the greatest things I've heard in my life!!!! Here it is revised:

Eliptical for 1 hour @ 65-75% HR then my next meal is as far away as possible

9:15am: 5 Eggs(2 whole), 4 oz of chicken

12:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken and 1 Tbsp of P butter
    Dropped it to 1 Tbsp of P butter

I have to work out this late cause I work from 10-8 and I do am cardio in the morning

Honestly this is what I look foward to all day add 3-4 ice cubes put it in the blender. ****!! taste better then some deserts.

I pushed this meal back an extra 1/2 hour should I push it back a full hour? Can I pass out right after eating this meal?
    Last edited by Shrad6; 08-26-2004 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrad6
    I pushed this meal back an extra 1/2 hour should I push it back a full hour? Can I pass out right after eating this meal?
    I think your diet looks optimal the way you have revised it. I usually try to pass out about .5hr after my PPWO give or take a little time. It shouldnt make a huge difference since your body has the goal of repair and replenishment anyway. Looks solid and should work well.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Shrad6:

Hey bro, i thought i might "steal" some of your diet plans and move them around to suit my times etc...

Hope thats cool, sounds like you got a really solid plan going. Best of luck.

I was thinking for me, i am 6'0 230 and am wanting to cut (drop BF)

6am: wake up

6:15: AM cardio (45 min @ 75% HR)

9:00: 5 eggs (2 whole), Protein shake

12:00: Chicken Breast, greens (turnip/mustard, green beans), tbsp of natural PB

2:30: Can of Tuna w/mustard or hotsauce

5:00: Protein Shake

6:00: Workout

9:00: Chicken Breast, brown rice, some greens

11:30: Protein Shake tbsp PB mixed in.

As you can see, much wor is to be done, i gotta nail this diet down as i don't want to be counter productive. I know diet is 90% the key to success. Guy's i would appreciate any help on fine tuning this diet for me.

The reason for workout at 6pm is i work 8-5pm and go straight to school from 5pm-10:40pm 3 days a week. This above would be an off day from school when i could work out.

How should this diet look on my "off" days? No carbs at all?

I will get some Flax or Dex soon as i am sure someone will mention them.

Regardless of school days or not, i am gonna do AM cardio as i am sure there is no harm in that unless my body needs that time to recover?

Thanks
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 08-26-2004 at 07:52 PM.

Next time start your own thread that way you dont have to hijack another one but I will still give you my opinion in color again.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Shrad6:

Hey bro, i thought i might "steal" some of your diet plans and move them around to suit my times etc...

Hope thats cool, sounds like you got a really solid plan going. Best of luck.

I was thinking for me, i am 6'0 230 and am wanting to cut (drop BF)

6am: wake up

6:15: AM cardio (45 min @ 75% HR)

9:00: 5 eggs (2 whole), Protein shake
    No need to wait an entire hour and half before eating this meal. You are only robbing your body of protein for a period much longer than you should. Eat your Pro/Fat meal right after cardio. Come home and start the cooking.

12:00: Chicken Breast, greens (turnip/mustard, green beans), tbsp of natural PB
    I cant say I would want to eat turnip nor do I even begin to know the nutrient content of a turnip but as long as it isnt a high GI carb and is chocked full of fiber than it should be ok. I would recommend if you want greens to have a chicken spinach salad with ranch dressing or whatever dressing you prefer.

2:30: Can of Tuna w/mustard or hotsauce

5:00: Protein Shake
    I personally dont like to have a shake this close to my workout while cutting but if it is the best you can do it is the best you can do. I dont think it would negatively effect you too much if any at all.

6:00: Workout
    Where is your post workout shake? I assume it is consumed at like 7:15 but you didnt list it. I recommend 80/40

9:00: Chicken Breast, brown rice, some greens

11:30: Protein Shake tbsp PB mixed in.
    You have an insulin spike so there is no reason for the PB. Besides you only are sleeping for 6.5hrs so you dont have a real long time for your body to need protein while asleep. If you were sleeping 9 hrs I could understand needing to slow down your protein digestion rate but with the few hours of sleep you have your body will be glycogen depleted for your morning cardio this way. besides you could have some cottage cheese or some form of casein protein. I like low carb milk, liquid egg whites, and whey protein before bed to last through the night if my insulin is elevated.

As you can see, much wor is to be done, i gotta nail this diet down as i don't want to be counter productive. I know diet is 90% the key to success. Guy's i would appreciate any help on fine tuning this diet for me.

The reason for workout at 6pm is i work 8-5pm and go straight to school from 5pm-10:40pm 3 days a week. This above would be an off day from school when i could work out.

How should this diet look on my "off" days? No carbs at all?
    I go carbless on my days off but you could have one meal of carbs (about 30g of rice with brocoli or something along those lines)

I will get some Flax or Dex soon as i am sure someone will mention them.
    www.1fast400.com is where I get mine. Some use kentnutrition.com also for dex.

Regardless of school days or not, i am gonna do AM cardio as i am sure there is no harm in that unless my body needs that time to recover?

Thanks

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Thanks so much man, i am gonna check out a Go Nutrition place here and see if they are running any specials on Protein powder, i made another thread asking about the 80/40 mix as you suggested.

Is this meant to be 80 protein/40 flax or dex?

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Thanks so much man, i am gonna check out a Go Nutrition place here and see if they are running any specials on Protein powder, i made another thread asking about the 80/40 mix as you suggested.

Is this meant to be 80 protein/40 flax or dex?
    40g protein 80g dextrose

i would still have a pro/fat b4 bed, but thats IMO. either way, good luck

dcb

Thread Information