Geebee is offline Junior Member

does slin shuttle proteins in muscles after wo ?

If slin shuttles proteins in muscles after wo, I suppose a diabetic (like me) must get a small shot of slin (2 i.u.) with meals having no carbs.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Taking a shot of slin and ingesting no carbs is a great way to attain the status of pushing up daisies.

~SC~

Now SwoleCat, tell me : will I assimilate these proteins I get with my PF meal ? Don't forget I'm a diabetic and I have problems assimilating food. Would creon help ?

Pardon me, but WTF is "CREON"??

Point is, taking shots of slin w/no carbs is dumb.

Consult your physician about your condition.

~SC~

Creon is a medicine made of pancreas enzimes ; it's been prescribed to me and my coaches including an American one told me to stuck with it, but, at that time I hadn't tried the PF/PC diet. I'm not coached any longer for various reasons.
    Now about physicians, I live in France and our physicians are very old-fashioned. They are against AAS, they are against b'bg, they don't care about you being ripped or huge. Diabetologists are the worst of all. I've seen many, some of them know me well, they could be friends, but they don't want to answer my questions. They think that if they do, I will use their answer for b'bg. They don't want to tell me the BG value of a non-diabetic during digestion because it would help me to adjust my meals to b'bg.
    That's why I'm asking all these silly questions. B'bg forums are my last hope to solve my problems. Because I've got a problem : AAS make me fat and watery instead of giving me LBM. I get some LBM but far less than a normal person.

I see! I didn't know what creon was, thanks for the info.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Geebee
    Creon is a medicine made of pancreas enzimes ; it's been prescribed to me and my coaches including an American one told me to stuck with it, but, at that time I hadn't tried the PF/PC diet. I'm not coached any longer for various reasons.
    Now about physicians, I live in France and our physicians are very old-fashioned. They are against AAS, they are against b'bg, they don't care about you being ripped or huge. Diabetologists are the worst of all. I've seen many, some of them know me well, they could be friends, but they don't want to answer my questions. They think that if they do, I will use their answer for b'bg. They don't want to tell me the BG value of a non-diabetic during digestion because it would help me to adjust my meals to b'bg.
    That's why I'm asking all these silly questions. B'bg forums are my last hope to solve my problems. Because I've got a problem : AAS make me fat and watery instead of giving me LBM. I get some LBM but far less than a normal person.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

psssssssssssssssssst

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I see! I didn't know what creon was, thanks for the info.

~SC~
    Can you drink winny???

Vet @ Bigdogbodybuilding
    Vet @ Anabolic Impact

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    Can you drink winny???
    Dunno, but I think you can snort fina!

~SC~

Your welcome SwoleCat ; but I still don't know if I'll assimilate proteins with this new diet.

Assimilation of amino acids into lean muscle tissue is not dependent upon insulin .

~SC~

OK now why do hardcore bbers get insulin after wo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Geebee
    OK now why do hardcore bbers get insulin after wo ?
    I'm afraid you don't even know what you are asking. Your second question is a non-sequitor.

You wrote it yourself, they are "HARDCORE". They purposely spike insulin after a workout in hopes of storing more glycogen and beginning to heal quicker/bigger. You can also store excess nutrients as fat quickly by doing this as well if your calculations are all f*cked up.

That has nothing to do with amino acids assimilating into lean muscle tissue.
    That procedure is not dependent on insulin, but can happen when insulin is present, yes.

~SC~

longhornDr is offline Member
    You really need to talk to a doctor about this. You are right that you do need insulin to properly assimilate your protein. It's gonna be tough for you and no carb meals might not be feasible for a diabetic.

Insulin does more than just facilitate the movement of glucose into cells, it is responsible for the trasnport of ALL nutrients/vitamins etc. responsible for growth, as well as turning on all the anabolic machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    You really need to talk to a doctor about this. You are right that you do need insulin to properly assimilate your protein. It's gonna be tough for you and no carb meals might not be feasible for a diabetic.

Insulin does more than just facilitate the movement of glucose into cells, it is responsible for the trasnport of ALL nutrients/vitamins etc. responsible for growth, as well as turning on all the anabolic machinery.
    Right, but you can do a CKD with no carbs, remain in a positive nitrogen balance, and still assimilate proteins.

That was my only point. You don't need a rise in insulin each time you eat to benefit from the meal you just ate.

~SC~

Well Longhorn's theory is the one I had learnt (+ mixing insulin with GH released during intensive workout). That's why I've been using slin straight after wo for longer than 3 years (it hasn't got anything to do with my diabetes).
    Swolecat says he agrees with it but that we don't need slin to assimilate a meal without carbs. That's what's puzzling me. If slin will help transporting nutrients into cells, how is a positive nitrogen balance alone going to help protein assimilation ?

Thread Information