Adonis is offline Associate Member

Question Anabolic Burst Diet

I was reading about how you can cheat your body into dumping loads of testosterone naturally by doing the following:
    For 2 weeks, eat a high calorie, high protein, high carb and moderate fat diet along with extremly heavy compound lifting.

For the other 2 weeks follow a low calorie, high protein low carb and low fat diet. Concentrate on fat burning and cardio with weight training 3 times a week with moderate poundage and isolation movements.

They say that when you re-start the cycle, your body is going to "dump" more testosterone than usual and you will be more anabolic , kinda like doing juice. (...IMO the word "juice" is along shot!)

Since this test production slows down after 2 weeks you have to go on phase 2 of the program, low calories and cardio etc, etc, etc...

Any info on this practice?

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    The Anabolic Burst Cycling of Diet and Exercise you speak of, also known as "ABCDE" was first theorized by Torbjorn Akerfeldt of Uppsala University in Sweden. Akerfeldt was in the process of writing a book on ABCDE in the 90's but has all but dissappeared from sight.

The problem that most BB ran into that tested ABCDE is that the restrictive phase was just too drastic and the loading phase was too drastic as well. Those that I have talked to say that they got real small and real fat, real fast.

For awhile there, none other than Bill Phillips was promoting Akerfeldt and ABCDE. And anything BP says, you have to take with a grain of salt. BFL is a nice program, but it has been exploited IMHO.

That's exactly where I read it, on some 300 page EAS supplement guide by Bill Phillips dated from 1997.

Just curious why I had never heard of it.

Funny how some things look so good on paper, huh?

Keep

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Originally posted by Adonis
    That's exactly where I read it, on some 300 page EAS supplement guide by Bill Phillips dated from 1997.
    Yup... page 216. When doing a google search sometime ago, I found very little additional information on it and Akerfeldt seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Like I said, the very few guys that tried it said that the cycles were just too long. They tried shortening it up to one week low and one week high and said that although they would get very strong during the load week, they felt like crap during their workouts the following week and lost mass over time.

The CKD I'm doing right now is similar in nature, but not as drastic. As a matter of fact the ABCDE led me to the CKD now that I think of it.

Since everyone reacts differently, if you plan on trying it out, be sure to post your results here. Sharing practical experience is the best way to learn.

I will give it a try just to see what it does for me but I will do it differently.

I will start with the bulking phase.
    Seriously I will try to eat clean quality calories along with creatine and the bulking stack he outlines.

On phase 2 I will try to use energy boosters (ECA) and more vitamins and slightly more protein.

The different thing is that I will do 8 bulking days and 4 dieting days.
    I used to do this when I was 16 just cuz I felt like it and I got good gains from it.

I will be posting more info on how it works for me.

MorMass is offline New Member

Did it

I tried everything before finally using A.S's. This abcde diet was one of them. I was looking very lean (around 10% bf) before starting this diet and ended up around 15 pounds heavier. Mostly Fat! I cut the calories back like the stupid program said and lost maybe half the fat. It took me forever to get the fat completely off again. I eat like that now but only while bulking w/ A.S's. If your metabolism is naturally high maybe you can give it a shot...

If not Just keep it in your back pocket as a good excuse to explain your superhuman muscle growth while juicing!

bulkupfast is offline New Member

Does this idea have any mileage?

Ive just made my way onto this site and thought it was a good place to discuss the use of this diet/training plan with users here.

I use this method to great effect, and have done so with loads of clients, making sure that I modify each persons plan to their needs. What I havent had to do yet is apply it to someone who is on AS.

At first glance they wouldnt go well together, but there is a method that might just work. Using short acting injectables and tablets. Then two weeks becomes a very real possiblity.

Use the AS for the bulking weeks, and use either nothing, or stimulants for the cutting weeks. It also takes away one of the worst aspects of AS use; side effects. Well, perhaps not takes away, but massively reduces.

Admittedly it does mean you cant use some of the long lasting AS, but that detraction is offset by the fact that you also dont get the obvious 'he's on roids' look that a long bulking and ON phase will give most people.

Any thoughts?

You can check out my experiences at www.bulkupfast.com

Thread Information