Enough protein?

Could you guys please take a look at this:
    I'm 24 6' 220 with alot of body fat.

1)Breakfast 5 am

5 hardboiled eggs (3 whole, 2 whites)
    1 cup of green tea with splenda
    multi vit, 500 mg vit c

2)Brunch 8:30 am

Pro Blend 55 shake (1 scoop, 27.5 g of protein)
    1/4 cup (28 g, 26 pieces) of whole natural almonds

3)Lunch 10:30 am

3 oz. of sliced turkey breast with 2 slices of fat free cheddar cheese and pepper
    2 tbsp of natural peanut butter

4)Snack 1:30 pm

85 g of albacore tuna with one tbsp of full fat mayo and pepper
    500 mg vit c

5) Pre Workout (days I lift) 3:30 pm

1/2 cup of oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon
    Pro Blend 55 shake (1 scoop, 27.5 g of protein)
    1 medium sized red apple

Dinner (days I don't lift in place of Pre Workout meal) 3:30 pm

Steak with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and spices
    OR
    Salmon grilled with 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

Post Workout 5:30 pm (days I lift)

IMMEDIATLY AFTER MY LAST SET

IsoPure shake (2 scoops, 50 g of protein) with Dextrose (8 scoops 92 g of Dextrose/carbs)

6)Post-Post Workout 6:15 pm (days I lift)

1 3-4oz. chicken breast with spices and marinade
    baked potato with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and pepper
    500 mg vit c

Evening Meal (days I don't lift in place of PPWO meal) 6:15 pm

1 3-4oz. chicken breast with spices
    2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
    500 mg vit c

7)Bedtime meal 8:30 pm

Pro Blend 55 shake (2 scoops 55 g of protein) with 1 tbsp of flax

Sleep 9:00 pm

I also plan on drinking 2 gallons of water a day.

Am I taking in enough protein? Also the only supps I'm taking are whey,dextrose,flax,mulitvitamin,and vitamin C. Is that enough? I figure my Pro Blend 55 protein shakes have enough BCAA's and glutamine in them. It says one serving (2 scoops) have about 11 g of BCAA's. And I'm taking 4-6 scoops a day, so that's 22-33 g of BCAA's a day from my shakes.

How's the diet look? I'm trying to cut fat and build muscle.
    Last edited by Aggression; 09-13-2004 at 01:08 PM.

xenithon is offline Member
    Am I taking in enough protein?
    Give us numbers for those meals (amount of protein in each) and the totals for the day

Also the only supps I'm taking are whey,dextrose,flax,mulitvitamin,and vitamin C. Is that enough?
    WTF?? There's is no such thing as too FEW supps. The aim of the bodybuilder is not to brag about the amount of supps they are taking I believe the fewer the better especially when it comes to macronutrients (ie. food almost always better than powders/MRPS). However I agree that whey/dex are needed for PWO, and flax is a superb EFA to add. Vitamins should be a staple so that is fine. I see no reason to add anything.

Aggression is offline Member
    How about the diet itself, I calculated it out to be 286 g of protein the days I lift and 274 g of protein the days I don't lift.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    not enough, 1.5-2 g per lb of body weight. I weigh 170 and take in over 300 gms pro per day.

xenithon is offline Member
    i think 2g/lbs bodyweight is excessive and unneccessary IMO. I think 2g/lbs of LBM is more appropriate. At 215 though I think it should be around 300g but not too much over

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    At 215 lbs, your protein is pretty low........

~SC~

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    I heard its 2-2.5g per pound of body weight to maintaine muscle and 3 or more to gain.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    I heard its 2-2.5g per pound of body weight to maintaine muscle and 3 or more to gain.
    Now that's a bit TOO extreme.

1.5 to 2 is great, find your niche.

~SC~

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Now that's a bit TOO extreme.

1.5 to 2 is great, find your niche.

~SC~
    Thanks!

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how and where to add some more protein?

I don't wanna take anymore shakes as you can see I'm already drinking alot of them.

I was thinking adding another serving of tuna (29 g of protein) with my meal #4.

That's an additional 29 g of protein I'm adding which calculates to 315 g of protein the days I lift and 303 g of protein the days I don't lift at a bodyweight of 215 lbs.

Anyone else? Cmon fellas!

So do I now have enough protein in my diet

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Why don't you use 2 scoops of whey in your shakes instead of 1? That would add nearly 90 g of protein. You especially need more protein and carbs PWO. At 215, 27.5g pro/55g carbs won't cut it.

Because when I use 2 scoops I crap most of it out 15 min later. Plus, I'm just getting started with this high protein diet so I want to give my system a chance to adjust to the sudden constant intake of high protein.

Also, if I take 55 g of protein PWO that means I need 110 g of carbs from dextrose as well. That's alot of carbs for one drink.

Not to mention those many tubs of Pro Blend 55 protein powder can get expensive!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    up the protein

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Give us numbers for those meals (amount of protein in each) and the totals for the day

WTF?? There's is no such thing as too FEW supps. The aim of the bodybuilder is not to brag about the amount of supps they are taking I believe the fewer the better especially when it comes to macronutrients (ie. food almost always better than powders/MRPS). However I agree that whey/dex are needed for PWO, and flax is a superb EFA to add. Vitamins should be a staple so that is fine. I see no reason to add anything.
    I cant say that i agree with this. Professional bodybuilders will spend in upwards of $300 a month on supps alone, and that doesnt even include groceries. Granted most people here arent pro BB's, it is incorrect to say that they do not use many supps. Also, that is for natural BB's, I dont **** about roids so who knows what they spend on those if they arent natural

I Stand Alone is offline Junior Member
    If i understand you, you are asking to what ways to up your protein, adding the extra scoop of whey will be the easiest way. If you want to give your body some time to adjust,, ok ,, then add the extra scoop of whey.. I dont think you are crapping out the extra scoop 15min later, well you may be taking a sh*t but i dont think its the whey running through you that fast. Most people i know who have trouble taking a crap when they up their protein, due to not taking in enough water. my 2 cents anyway.

Thread Information