khurrams is offline Associate Member

Is Brown Sugar a Healthy Choice with Oatmeal

I have cut out sugars completely out of my diet for the past 3 years and only take sweetners such as Twins or Splenda......Now my question was with my breakfast Oatmeal I like to add some brown sugar.....Is it a bad idea...why or why not?? thankyou

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Skip the sugar completely and add in a Fruit like a cut up Apple or Banana. Lot's of fiber and some nice natural sugars to help you get going and pump that Glycogen into the muscles.

Thanx ron.....will definately do that from tommorow......

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    You can add some splenda if you wish as well....

P.S... this is kinda cool to see a whole thread with T-Dot boys in it...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by khurrams
    I have cut out sugars completely out of my diet for the past 3 years and only take sweetners such as Twins or Splenda......Now my question was with my breakfast Oatmeal I like to add some brown sugar.....Is it a bad idea...why or why not?? thankyou
    Have you been adding in brown sugar to oats during the past 3 years, or wish to start now? If you had this within the 3 years, then you didn't have sugars cut out. Just curious because you said you "like to add some brown sugar" which makes it sound like that is what you have been doing.

In any event, yeah it's sugar, so if you are cutting out sugars for whatever reason, this counts.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    You can add some splenda if you wish as well....

P.S... this is kinda cool to see a whole thread with T-Dot boys in it...
    Just ignore SC and it's all Toronto. That's riiiiiight.

Haha...

Sorry to ruin it for u all!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Sorry to ruin it for u all!

~SC~
    Who said that? Did you hear something?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Brown sugar is like white sugar, but its brown. Well it has molasses in it, but you know what I am saying. Sugar is sugar. I love it when someone is eating Turbinado or Pure Cane sugar and thinking it is healthier. I get a good laugh.

Have you been adding in brown sugar to oats during the past 3 years, or wish to start now? If you had this within the 3 years, then you didn't have sugars cut out. Just curious because you said you "like to add some brown sugar" which makes it sound like that is what you have been doing.

In any event, yeah it's sugar, so if you are cutting out sugars for whatever reason, this counts.

~SC~

No Swole.....Iv been eating my oatmeal with sweeteners throughout then I read on this site about adding honey which I was doing for the past couple of months and then discovered that my dad was adding brownsugar to his oatmeal so I gave it a shot last week and it tasted pretty darn good......so I thought I might ask the pros on AR in regards to thier insight on this whole issue......Thankyou

Just curious because you said you "like to add some brown sugar" which makes it sound like that is what you have been doing.
    You know wat they say about Assumption!!!

You know wat they say about Assumption!!!
    Well, I didn't "assume" anything.

I didn't want to be rude in my first post, that's why I tried to clarify in the manner that I did.

What the phrase should have read is, "I'd like to start using brown sugar in my oatmeal". Then ask if it's a bad idea, why or why not, etc.

When you say and I QUOTE:

"Now my question was with my breakfast Oatmeal I like to add some brown sugar",

as you did above, that clearly suggests that this "like" of your's is something you HAVE been doing, as LIKE is of the PAST TENSE in your statement.

So, no assumptions, I was going by the wording you used which suggests the timeframe in which you were doing the said activity.

~SC~

Well, I didn't "assume" anything.

I didn't want to be rude in my first post, that's why I tried to clarify in the manner that I did.

What the phrase should have read is, "I'd like to start using brown sugar in my oatmeal". Then ask if it's a bad idea, why or why not, etc.

When you say and I QUOTE:

"Now my question was with my breakfast Oatmeal I like to add some brown sugar",

as you did above, that clearly suggests that this "like" of your's is something you HAVE been doing, as LIKE is of the PAST TENSE in your statement.

So, no assumptions, I was going by the wording you used which suggests the timeframe in which you were doing the said activity.

~SC~
    Well you are absolutely right about your observation in persepective to the timeframe since I did start my usage of brown sugar since last week so you are right the Quote "LIKE" Unquote is undeniably of the PAST TENSE in my statement, however the timeframe in which I was doing the said activity was not 3 years but simply just a week....maybe I should have been much more clearer in my initial statement since it caused you utmost confusion....My sincere appologies...

Well you are absolutely right about your observation in persepective to the timeframe since I did start my usage of brown sugar since last week so you are right the Quote "LIKE" Unquote is undeniably of the PAST TENSE in my statement, however the timeframe in which I was doing the said activity was not 3 years but simply just a week....maybe I should have been much more clearer in my initial statement since it caused you utmost confusion....My sincere appologies...
    Yeah, exactly. Put in all the info in the FIRST post, or people will read your posts for what they offer, which is exactly what I did. You not only left out information that had to be supplied first, you had a sentence that made no grammatical sense.

What there is to roll your eyes at, except for your embarrassment maybe, I've no idea.

To answer your question, one would have to make sure that you did have a TYPO, as you did, in order to give clear advice/comments. I do consultation as part of my living, so please excuse my requirement to be extremely accurate and thorough. Perhaps you are not used to being around such accuracy.

No reason to get upset/embarrased that I pointed out your errors, I had to, as what I made was not an assumption, it was a clear question based on the information that you presented. AKA, I didn't make the error/boo boo, you did.
    You either want advice/help, or you don't, right?

It's not the end of the world u know.........

~SC~

~SC~

Yeah, exactly. Put in all the info in the FIRST post, or people will read your posts for what they offer, which is exactly what I did. What there is to roll your eyes at, except for your embarrassment maybe, I've no idea.
    To answer your question, one would have to make sure that you did have a TYPO, as you did, in order to give clear advice/comments. I do consultation as part of my living, so please excuse my requirement to be extremely accurate and thorough. Perhaps you are not used to being around such accuracy.

Don't get upset/embarrased that I pointed out your errors, I had to, as what I made was not an assumption, it was a clear question based on the information that you presented. AKA, I didn't make the error/boo boo, you did.

It's not the end of the world u know.........

~SC~

~SC~
    Honestly Swole I am quite aware of your credentials and have seen your website aswell......all in all I look up to you since u'r the GURU of it all......Every step is a learning process for me hence u'r right.....I fvcked up...u corrected me.....Im a happy camper......thankyou and sincerely look forward to all your future advices and/or critiques.....Appreciate it. Respects all the way..
    Khurram

Honestly Swole I am quite aware of your credentials and have seen your website aswell......all in all I look up to you since u'r the GURU of it all......Every step is a learning process for me hence u'r right.....I fvcked up...u corrected me.....Im a happy camper......thankyou and sincerely look forward to all your future advices and/or critiques.....Appreciate it. Respects all the way..
    Khurram
    Very cool of ya to offer the above brutha. I just wanted you to see that I was actually just trying to find out the "deal" w/out having to point out all kinds of crap.

Thanks for being adult!

~SC~

I guess you could say that after 3 years of no sugar, we're all happy that you don't remain bitter!

~SC~

I guess you could say that after 3 years of no sugar, we're all happy that you don't remain bitter!

~SC~
    Its the tren that makes me bitter....sometimes!!!.......but Im happy that u r all happy....cheers dude

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Try adding sugar-free maple syrup to your oatmeal...with splenda and/or cinammon if you want. I think you'll find it comparable to brown sugar in taste.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Who said that? Did you hear something?
    Must be the wind....

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Must be the wind....
    Did you fart AGAIN?

~SC~

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    Try adding sugar-free maple syrup to your oatmeal...with splenda and/or cinammon if you want. I think you'll find it comparable to brown sugar in taste.
    kims deff right on that one. i get that atkins syrup, calorie free... add that with some splenda and some cinn.... tastes great to me, especially while bulking, as i slam down some serious oatmeal quantity!!!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    No sugar-

Thread Information