Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Beeing in good cardio shape=higher metabolism

Im not talking about low bf% leves when I mean good shape(maby there is a more apropriate word for this on english then cardio shape but Im not familiar with it).

I just read a thing by the leading nutritionist in sweden and he says that if you are in good cardio shape(like in you can run 3 miles in a very good pace or bike 10 miles in good pace ect)it will mean you have a much higher metabolism then if you had the EXACT same body composition but are in worse cardio shape(runs the 3 miles alot slower).

Is there any thruth to this claim?

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    bump i assume it does not too sure though i hope that guy is right cause i like doing cardio every morning to jump start my day

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Well, if you are in good cardio shape, chances are you do a lot of cardio and are pretty lean because of it. People such as that stay lean because they burn off fat during the cardio, remain lean because they exercise all the time, etc. It stimulates the metabolism each time you exercise, yes, but just because they are in good cardio shape doesn't directly mean the metabolism is extremely fast. I have a medium metabolism I'd say, and until my knees healed I had ****ty cardio shape. However, I wasn't fat, and never actually lost my abs. I just lost my wind.........so, that didn't have any affect on my metabolism really, I did have to eat on target, but it did take me somewhat "out" of cardio shape. Now I'm back in that cardio conditioning, but my metabolism seems to be about the same. It's the fat burning cardio (cardio in general for others too) that is keeping me lean, not neccessarily the metabolism from all of the cardio.

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You could also summarize it by saying that if you are in good cardio condition = you do cardio a lot = rises in metabolism during cardio and some-time after as well = higher metabolism than average because of this work.

~SC~

thanks swole that cleared it upp pretty good

Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    how are the abs doing johan? Can you see em yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Redz122
    how are the abs doing johan? Can you see em yet?
    Nope but thanks for asking

when I reached 10% bf I stopped cutting and started bulking again. Now im running dnp to quickly get rid of some of the flab I gained on those bulk weeks. But no abs yet. I guess Il cruise around with a pretty flat stomach now and go for the abs next summer. Dont know for sure. I have the urge to gain alot of mass but I also have the urge to get ripped. But I guess gaining mass is what is more logical now considering the competition next december.

Thread Information